main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What "minor" characters are there to follow for a Star Wars TV Show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by HBKDinobot, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HBKDinobot

HBKDinobot Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2003
    Lucas keeps saying it will be a spin off that follows "minor characters" I am wracking my brain to figure out what minor characters there would be to follow... Or will they just make up new characters for the TV show?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The recent Lucas interview posted online mentions explaining away the construction of the Death Star, so perhaps it'll involve Tarkin?

3. JediStu2

JediStu2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    Oih, a Star Wars TV show and it ends up being Tarkin? That would be lackluster. At least show the beginnings of the Rebel Alliance. Or maybe something similar to the EU's Han Solo Trilogy where we get to see other perspectives of the universe without it being heavy on the Empire.

4. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    Considering that final shot of Boba Fett in Attack of the Clones, and assuming that he doesn't show up in Episode 3(No spoilers, no spoilers!), I'm expecting that he'll walk by at some point.

5. Jade40291

Jade40291 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    Well, its at least conceivable that not all the jedi were killed in ROTS (no spoilers!!) So maybe we'll see some Jedi in hiding. That would pave the way for some Vader cameos!

6. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    First, you have to determine who is a "major" character. Anakin / Vader, Palpatine / Sidious, Kenobi, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, Yoda, and Lando would all seem to qualify.

Questionable: C-3PO, R2-D2, Boba Fett. Does Lucas consider them to be major or minor? The entire saga has been seen through the eyes of 3PO and R2, so they might be around for this, too. Fett? Not many lines spoken in any of the films, but is very well known.

That leaves these others as definite minor characters who could fit into this time frame:

Governor Tarkin (appears in both ROTS and ANH)
    Captain Antilles (appears in both ROTS and ANH)
    Aayla Secura (appears in AOTC and ROTS -- fate unknown)
    Bail Organa (appears in AOTC and ROTS -- dies offscreen in ANH)
    Mon Mothma (appears in both ROTS and ROTJ)
    General Jan Dodonna (appears in ANH)
    Nien Nunb (appears in both ROTS and ROTJ -- IMDB.com lists him in ROTS)

7. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    This is a non-spoiler forum, is it not?

8. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Nien Nunb is not in ROTS. IMDB (as usual) is wrong.

9. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    Boba Fett (very minor. he only had like 3 lines)
    Jabba (it's a puppet.)
    Aurra Sing (TPM cameo)
    Captain Antilles
    Governor Tarkin

10. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    Considering Lucas, we're most likely going down the wrong track.
    We say:

Secura
    Tarkin
    Mothma
    Fett

Lucas thinks (if he even thinks on human scale):

Durla Geant, padawan not mentioned at all, but shes there, trust him(not real, just an example)
    Lobot
    C-3PO
    R2-D2...

Okay, so it's a fantasy of mine to see "Droids" turned into live-action.

Hey, a guy can dream.

11. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    It makes sense to for the story line to follow Bail Organa, and considering Jimmy Smits is best known for his TV work, I'm bettin this is what will happen.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Damnit people! Can't you for once NOT put spoilers in your posts?!
    Not everybody knows that Tarkin and Mon Mothma are in RotS, and I, for one, didn't want to know either, until may 19th!

Use your brains!

And YES, I am angry, and I have good reasons to be!

13. phrogxix

phrogxix Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    Am I really the only person thinking Bail Organa?

http://boards.theforce.net/Small_Screen_Star_Wars/b10467/19641113/?0

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Tarkin and Mon Mothma being in ROTS is not a spoiler- the cast list was available online on the non-hyperspace portion of starwars.com months before the spoiler ban date.

15. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    Amy Allen, Aayla Secura, has already been approached by the TV show people about said series. That came from an interview at C3.

16. mcgriff

mcgriff Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    Here is something i posted in andother tread i just thought it would be relevent

ok heres one for the naysayers of the idea of a Live TV series.

A good while back on theses very boards i remember reading RM said in an interview 'we would see boba in ROTS' now we know he isnt in ROTS and i also remember two things Mr Lucas has said first on the Rotj DVD audio commentry Lucas says about the early death of Boba Fett 'that he didnt think he would become such an icon and that maybe if he had knowen he might have done things different and even jokes about the EU and him climbing out of the sarlacc' the second now please correct me if i'm wrong but all that was confirmed about the tv series was i wouldnt be any main characters now i don't wanna step on any toes here but Boba Fett ISNT A MAIN CHARACTER plus its also in the ROTS ANH time frame he grows to become the most dangerous bounty hunter in the galaxy.

so what if the first season covered this that would make an awsome series

and before anybody flames the idea to death all you have to do is read any of the EU Boba Fett novels that guy rocked

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>and even jokes about the EU and him climbing out of the sarlacc<<

Actually, he doesn't joke about it- he says he considered adding his escape into the films, but decided not to since it wouldn't have fit the narrative pacing.

18. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    I am betting that the main charecters in the TV show will be originals created for spcifically for the TV show.

19. IamtheMaster111

IamtheMaster111 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    >>I am betting that the main charecters in the TV show will be originals created for spcifically for the TV show.<<
    Yeah, that would kinda suck.

20. Grand-Moff-Tarkin

Grand-Moff-Tarkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2004
    I've been looking over the cast list from RotS trying to figure out what actors or actresses would be logical choices to have in the live action series. Chances are that someone with mainly extensive movie credits wouldn't sign on to a TV series.

Here is a list of candidates I'm thinking of (all pure speculation, of course):

Bail Organa (Jimmy Smits)- Smits spent several years as a main cast member on NYPD Blue and had a recurring spot on The West Wing recently.

Tarkin (Wayne Pygram)- Pygram spent several seasons on Farscape and could be considered a leading candidate, as a few here have already mentioned. (I would love a series featuring Tarkin.)

Captain Antilles (Rohan Nichol)- Nichol doesn't have very many credits to his career and may be interested in being the center of a series to get more name recognition.

Aayla Secura (Amy Allen)- Her only credits as an actress are Star Wars prequels but she's also been credited with several visual effects credits. A series centering around her could be a nice new career path for her, and she could also be valuable behind the scenes too.

Mon Mothma (Genevieve O'Reilly)- She had a recurring role on All Saints and her film credits are very limited. If the series is about the upstart of the rebellion she could easily be the centerpiece of it.

Those are just some of my guesses as far as minor characters go that may be inportant enough to have a series centered around them. It could still always be some other random character or even still a younger version of someone from the OT that isn't in the prequels.

21. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I don't where the idea that the droids aren't main characters comes from.

My reactions to those candidates noted above:

Governor Tarkin

He'll be a fantastic villain, but he's the main bad guy in ANH so I don't think he qualifies.

Captain Antilles

No. His connections to known main characters (4) mean that he won't qualify by extension.

Aayla Secura

Doubtful. Ironic too considering this character isn't Lucas' creation.

Bail Organa

The clear connection to Leia means he couldn't qualify. If he's in it, so will Leia - who's a main character and thus not in it.

Mon Mothma

Possibly. Almost inevitable.

General Jan Dodonna

Excellent idea. An opportunity to develop a character from the ground up and present a stunning arc, going from Imperial officer to Rebel Sympathiser to Rebel Leader.

Nien Nunb

A touch too obscure. Though you never know. In fact, I kind of miss the Sullustans in the PT.

Boba Fett

The death knell for a live action series. This will sink it faster than any other character spin-off. Thankfully I don't think he qualifies as a minor character anymore (he's on the same level as Lando now).

I'd hope they'd have a wookiee in there somewhere. Not as the main character, but Star Wars without wookiees is like a Star Trek without Klingons.

22. Well_I_Care

Well_I_Care Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    i would think it would center more around the Sith and the Empire. Would like to see Han's character at least make a few cameo's

23. DARTH_VRUC

DARTH_VRUC Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2004
    Well considering that (most likelly) the series will be about the creation of the rebellion, the Alliance and the first battles of the Galactic Civil War I'd say Biggs.And maybe some other pilots like Hobby, Red leader and so on.
    As for the leading character I'd say Mon Mothma (and maybe) Bel Iblis, since they can't use Bail much (at least in the later series, afer all Leia will still be a child).

24. AnaKanned_Food

AnaKanned_Food Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 20, 2003
    It's probably gonna surround minor Jedi survivors and the young Rebel Alliance (Mon Mothma, Dodonna, Bail Organa).

25. Brian5475E

Brian5475E Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    NO spoilers!! >:[face_plain]

See you in 48.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.