main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What "minor" characters are there to follow for a Star Wars TV Show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by HBKDinobot, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    I would think it would either be a cast like in ANH or the series might be numerous short stories similar to The Outer Limits but with more recurring characters.

I believe the main problem GL will face is his vision for the story. For the PT he had 3 years inbetween episodesto create the visual effects but with a television series he will not be able to shoot the scenes he wants. Also for this reason I would think the main character would be human, which Sci-Fi shows like to do to keep production costs down.

My personal opinion is that GL choice for main character will be very surprising :D

2. androidcoma

androidcoma Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2004
    the fates of jedi barriss offee, shaak ti, pablo-jill are unknown.

plus whatever happened to yaddle and evan piell?

i could see the tv show being a "star wars tales" of sorts.

wouldn't mara jade be too young for the series? plus i'd never want to see that character on the tv show or anything again. i'd much rather see a team up of gungans and ewoks.

3. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Captain Antilles: Space Adventurer.

4. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    I think many short stories is the best idea that would form a bigger story. I would like to see a few episodes for Han, a few for Boba Fett, and of course a lot for Darth Vader hunting down remaining jedi-This dosn't seem to be a popular idea but I would like to see it.

5. JLG

JLG Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2005
    I dunno, I really don't want anyone we already know in the series. Seriously, how cheesy would it be to see some young version of Han Solo played by some 19 year old whose career revolves around terrible Sci-Fi Channel-made miniseries?

I wouldn't mind seeing a show about an exiled Jedi or two and their survival in the galaxy amidst the rise of the Empire, as well as chronicling the formation of the Alliance.

6. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    I would perfer that the show have zero to do with the Jedi. We've seen too much of them already.

A show based on the rise of the Empire, from the Imperial perspective, would be pretty cool.

7. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    There NEED to be real Jedi inside. IMO the post-ROTJ EU fails because there are no real Jedi left, and the new ones are not that cool.

And yes, the Empire has to be in the series. Can't wait to see more Clonetroopers/Stormtroopers and maybe even Vader and the Emperor.

8. AJ_Nejedi

AJ_Nejedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2005
    It's got to be Jimmy Smits, Bail Organa. he's a tv show actor and his story is probably the most compelling.

9. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    Jimmy Smits might or might not be available for the Star Wars TV Show...depends on what happens in the Presedential election on "West Wing" next fall.
    Why do I get a feeling that the "stay away from Coruscant" scene in ROTS is the set up for the TV show?
    Lucas has hinted that a few Jedi do survive the intial purge....

10. DarthNotsonice

DarthNotsonice Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2005
    I was thinking the other day
    "Wasn't Xizor's replica Droid Guri
    supposed to be a blonde,maybe that's what
    Amy Allen waS referring to at Celebration 3? [face_thinking]

11. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    I think Bail Organa will be pivotal in the series. Smits is already a TV star and the possibility of the TV spin-off may have been a big reason Lucas wanted him for the movie role.

The series would be set on Alderaan of course. Imagine the emotional impact Alderaan's instantaneous destruction would have after we've spent 100 episodes knowing it and it's people. I think this is a master stroke of Lucas, he's going to make us realize anew the gravity of something that we've been aware of for 30 years.

Of course other characters like Boba Fett, Mon Mothma, Tarkin and surely a fugative Jedi will play roles. We may even occasionally see a very young Leia.

12. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    Jimmy Smits is a question because of his on going role on "West Wing". It's going to be hard for him to do two major roles in series television at once.
    It really depends on what the writers on West Wing have in mind. If Santos wins the presdential election next season,the chances of Smits having anything other then a small occasional role in "Star Wars:The TV Series" get very small.
    If Santos loses,the chances go up enormously.

13. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    i agree with Ace, its most likely going to be a surprise. which is why aayla still makes sense to me. her onscreen "death" is obscured to a degree and i have this lingering feeling its just a red herring to throw those guessing off course.

but bail does seem so logical, i would be surprised if he didn't pop up in some way. shaak ti also seems likely. mon, dodonna, tarkin are all names i gravitate to as well. and hey, how about some underutilized bounty hunters like bossk and IG-88?

i suspect the show will have a rotating cast of characters, or maybe a central theme every season, with different characters carrying each arc.

14. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    Shaak Ti was not shown to be killed by Anakin, and she was the main jedi fighting GG, in the cartoons, She could be in there. Now Aayla is dead, right? What is Amy Allen talking about.

15. OldMcJedifarmer

OldMcJedifarmer Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    THis is what I think the live action is going to be:

I do not think it is going to be about Tarkin, we know the Death star is made in EPiv, we know its complete, we know the death star plans were stolen just a few days before ANH.

Think A-team/Fugative

it will be a group of jedi, with a Han solo character and maybe even Commander COdy or a reformed clone trooper, they do not totally trust him but he is still part of the group.

A hot (sort of daphnee Scooby doo character) Jedi maybe aayla, whos is strong but sort of ditzy

A very unintelligent male brute like jedi

Not so looking jedi female, who is smart

The leader character (han solo type) who is not a jedi and tries to learn the jedi way of doing things.

They go to planet to planet helping out the start of the resistence and also helping people out along the way.

THe main bad guy maybe auura sing (not boba fett) type jedi hunter sent by darth vader, his name will be mentioned but will not show up in the series until the ratings drop or sweeps.

You will hear about Palps and darth but will not show up.

MAybe they will go to worlds that is unknown but people want to know about it like yoda's species. Things like that.

It wont be about Tarkin at all, but isee a lot of organa and mon montha in it, but they will be side characters. I am also thinking

THat Luke will be in it, talking in 30 years after ROTJ, HE will be sitting in the jedi temple talking to maybe jedi initates maybe even the solo kids. Talking how the jedi were hunted down when his father took power, sort of maybe a wonder years type narration.

maybe even stories that reflected back to certain situations that the new jedi has to face and it refers to those stories back in the past 36 years ago.

I can think of tons of stories that wont be a reflection of past type shows.

I am just hoping it will be as good as babylon 5 and maybe have a huge story arc that covers 5 years.

THERE IS SO MANY WAYS TO DO THIS>>>>>>>>>>>>>JUST I HOPE THEY DO NOT SCREW IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just another thought wasnt able to put in the above post, damn time limit of editing.

I was also thinking possiblity of a Jedi master and padawan character. Running also around, the thing is that all these characters do not have to be together, but miss each other in the show and maybe sometime in the season some of these characters meet up and join together.

I would very much like a clone trooper to be in it, that had always rejected the gentic and brain washing training, but pushed through because they could get their hands on during the clone wars.

oooooooooooo even better a clone troooper that got order 66 but rejected and actually saved the jedi that was in command of the troops and this clone trooper and jedi go off together.ooooooooooooooooooo i like that idea thats pretty cool.

16. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Antilles and the droids. Lucas even stopped after he said no major characters and said that's not entirely true. One may or may not consider the droids as major players in the saga. Either way, I'll actually put money down that the TV series features them in a larger ensemble cast. I'm very confident of this. Espescially after seeing RotS.

17. jaguaro

jaguaro Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    I just hate the idea of a bounty hunter series with no force. Is anyone hearing a rumor of that happening? There have to be Jedi and there has to be the rebellion. And I dont want some han solo ripoff either.

18. jaguaro

jaguaro Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    I think Yaddle was a mistake and George Lucas knows it. I dont think we will ever see her again. Off the subject but is that blue yoda thread still going somewhere?

Anyway, I remember hearing Anthony Daniels saying in an interview with a british tv show that he isnt quite finished doing C3P0 yet, so I fully expect he and R2D2 to be involved somehow. In fact when it was posted on theforce.net, I didnt understand why they didnt mention that as a newsworthy item. I cant quote him exactly but he said that there is still more to do with the character so I think we can call that an official fact.

19. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    ^^^^ Telling ya, it's Antilles and the droids.

20. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Aside from Antilles, the droids, Mon Mothma, other Rebel senators etc... I think a minor Jedi would be A'Sharad Hett. We'll see many minor Jedi as fugitives.

Don't know about clones rejecting Order 66 but its not impossible. kinda cool idea for the Rebellion and all. maybe some ARC-170 pilots defect to the other side?

21. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    There'll definitely be fugitive Jedi. That's a selling point.

22. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I hope to god this doesn't happen but I expect it. Each episode centers around a fugitive jedi as Vader hunts him down. He is killed unless the producers want to use him later. There will be two or three parters.

23. LordBlack

LordBlack Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I don't think we will see any chracrters from the films. I recon we'll see people not mentioned in the films. Possibly EU characters.

24. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I have the feeling that this show will show very little of Vader and will have some new evil Imperial minions invented for it, just like it will have whole new cast of second rate heroes plus perhaps Bail Organa, as Jimmy Smith´s character in West Wing is fated to lose. I think it will s*ck. I hope that it will not, but a show full of Australians? It got to be bad.

25. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Farscape was good and had many Aussies in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.