main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What "minor" characters are there to follow for a Star Wars TV Show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by HBKDinobot, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    I still maintain that the main charecters will be created specifically for the TV Show.
    I doubt there will be much of the EU in the show, since Lucas does not, to be frank, seem to have much consideration for the EU and would rather keep it a thing apart from his own work.

2. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    But Lucas will write only part of it. The other writers could "sneak in" EU characters.

3. DarthSidious1

DarthSidious1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2002
    Is anybody concerned that with the focus on the minor characters from the series, that we may not see Sidious or Vader? I would personally like to see the Rebel Alliance form, Han Solo and Chewbacca side plots, Boba Fett, but I would also like to see episodes where Vader continues to hunt down any surviving Jedi. It would also be cool to see Luke and Leia occasionally and the ongoing construction of the Death Star.

4. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    gl's quote at celebration 3 has to be the most famous and integral "non-canon" event in SW. he more or less admitted we might see some of the major characters in some fashion, but they are unlikely to be the show's focus.

i think it's safe to rule out han being a focus of the show, but we could see a character cut from similar cloth. maybe han could pop up as a teenager in one episode or something? his dialogue in ANH leads me to believe he's never encountered jedi before, but that could be a red herring...

chewbacca or another wookie could easily pop up. i'm a little confused as to the fate of the wookies. one of the clones comments "these wookies are dead" but that isn't necessarily a reference to all of them. the scene also makes me wonder if the clones actually turned on the wookies, which it sort of implied but never specifically stated. this might be the wrong forum to ask such a question, but it would help illuminate further speculation on the tv show.

appearances by infant luke and leia are a fun idea, if done well. i especially like the idea of older luke reflecting on this era in the form of a narrator. it would be great to see hamill in the role again.

that's an interesting quote from anthony daniels, and the droids are most likely of the main characters to actually show up, but i don't expect them to have regular roles. but who knows? maybe threepio will end up in some sort of narrator role. that would be a nice curveball to throw us and helps connect the entire saga (ala his storytelling to entertain the ewoks). i could see exploring a storyline about his erased memory.

i think gl's quote most likely pertains to vader and the emporer. he mentions connections not being obvious, which maybe refers to the sith pulling the strings from behind the scenes without being shown much or at all. obviously these are decisions that are still in the planning stages, so i doubt even he knows for sure. i wouldn't rule out a vader appearance at some point, he'll almost have to step in to hunt down and destroy some as-yet-unnamed jedi that is almost guaranteed to be part of the show.

obi-wan might pop up if they do a young luke story, but i kind of see it as a long shot. still, it would be fun.

these are the characters i see as major. anybody else that wears a mask or is otherwise portrayable by another actor i would consider potential fair game at least for cameos.

another minor character that starts to pop out to me is asajj ventress. supposedly she didn't die in clone wars, and if there is a jedi on the run, which i'm banking on, (s)he will need a force user to match blades with from time to time.

5. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005

"...another minor character that starts to pop out to me is asajj ventress. supposedly she didn't die in clone wars..."

Supposedly, in one of the comics I read, Anakin loses his cool and tosses Assajj over a building because she destroyed a message from Padme. If she can survive that, then Mace should have no problems landing somewhere safe and regrowing a new arm.

And I'm gald to see every one seems to have abandoned the Boba Fett idea. Not that it wouldn't be good, just unlikely.

6. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    What to remember about the series

George wouldn't do the series unless he had a clear purpose in mind for doing it. He isn't the kind of guy to throw something out on TV unless he thinks it will fulfill the following categories:

1. It ties in to the OT and PT. If he wanted to do something new and different, he would have made VII, VIII, and IX. This will obviously be integral to the overall story.

2. He can have absolute control over it. I've read where some people think this is a passing of the torch. That may be true, but he still has the final say. He's too much of a control freak to see something he has done go the way he doesn't like and not fix it.

3. He has to like it. He's a loner. He doesn't care what we think. He might say "oh, look at that. It's nice to see they care" but he only does this because he wants to do it. And he wouldn't do it unless he want to put the time into it to make it all that he wants it to be.

So, that said...

I think the reference to Quinlan Vos might have something to do with this. Maybe he is in it.

7. DarthSidious1

DarthSidious1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2002
    Here's a scary thought. Do you think that GL considers Jar-Jar to be a minor enough character to include in the series?

8. EverlastingKnowItAll

EverlastingKnowItAll Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    I want to see the origins of Plo Kloon.

9. androidcoma

androidcoma Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2004
    it'd be cool if there were episodes that are like "tales"...so you see characters that even though they've been offed, you see them in some cool live action stories.

but since it's been said it takes place between 3 and 4...here are some characters, some may be tongue-in-cheek but you never know...

tarkin

bail organa

captain antilles

mon mothma

admiral ackbar

nien nunb

the cantina band

ephant mon

boba fett (this could be done well. have him be silent and doing his job, like in some of the well made comics)

lak sivrak ( :( )

k'hruk

shaak ti (her fate is unknown)

barriss offee (same here)

bothans

wookies

bossk

dengar

lobot

ice cream man from ESB (he could be seen running during certain battles with his beloved ice cream maker)

jan dodonna

kitster

jar jar binks

whats his name, the rebel boss in hoth

gold leader? i forget but the dude that failed to destroy the death star

ig-88

zuckuss

4-lom

can't think of anyone else at this moment....

you can still have c3po, r2d2, chewbacca, emperor, darth vader, do "cameos".

10. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    shaak ti & that one jedi played by Amy Allen

are DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD

Amy dies in ROTS & for some reason they cutted shaak ti death scene (there is a picture online) of hooded Anakin during temple raid right behind her while meditating

Those 2 are DEAD accept it

11. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Aurra Sing is back baby!

12. androidcoma

androidcoma Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2004
    the scenes are cut but that doesn't mean that they are part of continuity YET. after all, the first time that scene was shot, it was grievous that took out shaak ti, then the scene was re-shot to have anakin do it.

so who knows?

13. Gabricjen

Gabricjen Jedi Master star 3

Dec 16, 2003
    First off, Lucas and McCallum said they will visit the series in AUgust to work it out. DOnt get hung up on the minor character thing. Lucas isnt sure yet. I believe it will be about the jedi purge and feature many characters that do not have faces (Darth Vader, the Wookiees including Chewbacca, etc) this way he can use anyone to star as them. I think that an intro to a young Han Solo and Lando would be downright awesome (The Adventures of Han and Lando). They could show the Kessel Run, the freeing of CHewbacca, Lando losing the Falcon to Han, The jedi purge, Fett growing up and learning from Aurra Sing

14. TechNaught

TechNaught Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    I could easily see Shaak Ti having a role in the Series. She had a decent enough role in the Clone Wars animated series and her death scene in ROTS didn't make the final cut.. so she is still around.

Bail Organa makes logical sense, especially the whole Jimmy Smits tie-in. A young Leia would make a great cameo every now and then. The younger Tarkin would be a great villian as well.

As for the more prevelant characters having main roles in the TV series... I think it would be great if they were just kinda behind the scenes showing up every now and then but not playing a major role. Like having Vader show up and make some comments on some big picture type of events. Showing up on holo-projector giving Tarkan orders. A younger Han showing up in AN (read singular) episode as part of Jabba's syndicate. You get the idea... If that was the case I'd watch it twice a week.

15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm sure we'll see a handful of episodes, at least I hope we do, of a young Skywalker on Tatooine. In the same breath some episoded featuring a young Leia would be nice too.

I'd like to see some Fett action, perhaps elevating his status in some way so we see him as the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.

It might be interesting to see Jaba sending out some goons to capture the Rancor.

Vader. I think Vader cameos are a given.

I would like to see a one shot episode of a "Day in the Life of Emporer Palpatine".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.