main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What more would you like to see Cad Bane do in TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ArrogantJedi, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Having seen more of him now with Season 2, what other stories/situations would you like to see him in?

I actually wouldn't mind seeing him in a story where someone puts a bounty on his head and sends a bounty hunter or two after him. After the attempt on his life, he outsmarts the bounty hunters and takes them out and travels across the galaxy to all kinds of dingy unpleasant places like Nar Shadaa to gain info here and there as to who hired the hunters to kill him (with some of those he attempts to extract info from trying doing a runner as they don't want to blab). It'd be an awesome opportunity to see him in a nastier light, since up until now, it's been all about business, this could be more of a personal mission. In particular it'd be interesting to see what he does when he catches up with the person who put the bounty on his head.

Put simply, this kind of story would be an opportunity to see why:-

- Cad Bane is considered the best bounty hunter during the Clone wars and what separates him from the rest
    - See various of unpleasant locales across the galaxy (Nar Shadaa, underbelly of Coruscant, etc).
    - Various types of alien species (the ones who he attempts to extract info from) and the various dodgy businesses they run (illegal arms, nightclubs, etc, etc)
    - See him deal with others who would otherwise be considered untouchable such as gangstas.
    - See the true brutal personal nature of Bane (how he deals with those who give him information, those who attempt to run from him and eventually the one responsible for placing the hit)

What are your thoughts and ideas?

2. blaster_fire

blaster_fire Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2009
    I think he needs his own ship similar to Slave I. Didn't he say something about wanting one from Sidious?

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yeah, I agree, he needs his own signature ship with the whistles and bells that are like the character. Also more of those ankle jet flying. You know he looks pretty nimbel on those.

4. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I would REALLY like to see him doing some actual bounty hunting. So far we've seen him acting as a terrorist (holding people hostage in order to free a criminal), as a thief (stealing the holocron), and as a CIS captain (engaging the Republic in fleet battle). As cool as he was in all these capacities, none of them make all that much sense for a bounty hunter...

I'd really like to see what was implied in a promotional poster: Cad Bane hunts Anakin skywalker. Anakin being always on his guard because Cad Bane is going for a bounty on his head.

5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    But Bane works for Sidious so this wouldn't make a lot of sesne. Maybe sicking him on Obi-Wan would be better.

6. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    That's another thing that bugs me. Bane doesn't work for Sidious. He's hired on occasion by Sidious. He could be hired by someone like Gunray or Lok Duurd to wipe out that pesky Skywalker.

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    So far he seems to have an exclusive contract with Sidious, though your right. Maybe someone else could hire him and point him toward Anakin.

8. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    As far as we know, the Hostage Crisis was hired by Ziro, though I think some other source points Dooku as the contractor,

9. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    That would be a cool idea, although I suspect with the way they want to take his character, that he doesn't take things personally...but for me I'd liket hem to explore what truly drives him besides the money. There's got to be more to it than that and I think it might stem from some experience he may have had with Jedi in his past? For some reason, it seems that Jedi really digust him, although I could be reading it wrong.

That, and he seems to know alot about them.

10. CadBane4ever

CadBane4ever Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2009
    I's like to see the Republic hiring him to fight for them as long as he gets his pay he dosen't care who he works for.

11. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    I'd like to see him be the middle man who introduces the Bounty Hunters to Jabba the Hut. I also want to voice ina not so suttle way that he should in no way shape, or form be killed off early or have a lame death.

12. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    He's still a pretty new character with lots of possibilities. Some stuff I would like to see Cad Bane do..

-Work with Ventress.
    -Fight Ventress (and win).
    -Show his need or greed for money, since that's the only reason he seems to do all his villainous acts. Is it how he makes a living or does he just want to get rich?
    -Fight with a lightsaber (hey if what's-her-name could do it..)
    -Like already said, hunt Anakin in an ongoing plot (just for a reward on him? Maybe if it was something more..)
    -Interact with Grievous (sounds interesting).
    -Interact with Jar Jar (imagine the chaos!)
    -Get a call from his mom.

13. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    it could always be yet another test Sidious puts forth for Anakin... still wouldn't like it though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.