main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL What Movie Did you last see?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheExecutor, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I really think Lucas should have left the title alone. That movie will always be Raiders of the Lost Ark to me, even if he insists it be called Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark now. Was anyone confused that Raiders wasn't an Indiana Jones movie?

Phil

2. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I always thought that after Temple, it was known as "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" the way Star Wars became "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope" after Empire came out. Now it's "Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark" sans "Raiders"?

Lucas sucks.

3. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    I guess he did it just to make it conform to the other 2 titles which started out "Indiana Jones and the"

4. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Crap,,,

Music Box played Raiders last weekend!!!

I was waiting to see that since I found about it at Robin Hoood a couple of months ago.. Figures the only weekend I'm busy...

Was there a good turn out at the theater?

I hope it made Whitey's ghost proud!!

5. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I finally saw "George Lucas in Love" in one of my classes this week! I was so excited I almost yelled out, but I conrolled myself. I enjoyed it very much.
    I also saw "The Babysitter" this week with Alicia Silverstone. To quote a fellow student, "That was Crap-tastic." It does not do the short story justice.

6. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I just watched Sleepy Hollow today,and am currently wathching Young Frankenstein

7. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    I saw "Mystic River" tonight... the word that leapt to my mind was "disturbing". The whole story, IMO, dealt with a loss of innocence, the death of childhood. Weird.

"Neverwhere"... love it, m'self, but then I'm a huge Gaiman fan. ;)

8. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Halloween on DVD on Halloween night at a Halloween party!

9. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    School of Rock

10. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Watched "Brotherhood of the Wolf" this weekend. Don't bother. It's a bigger contrast of neat-looking sets vs. sh!tty story than Coppola's "Dracula." I think it actually works as some sort of weird time machine, because the disc said it's 2 hours and 24 minutes, but I swear the movie went on for about three days. Still, Monica Bellucci's sorta like a European version of Angelina Jolie: both are very hot, both are good actresses, both tend to make movies that don't deserve them (Brotherhood..., MatrixII, Tomb Raider, Girl Interrupted, etc)

I also finished the BBC version of Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere." It's a very disappointing realization of a very good story.

-Le Penguin
    "Ah, nothing brightens up a window like Strong Sad's severed head!"

11. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    Watched "Brotherhood of the Wolf" this weekend. Don't bother. It's a bigger contrast of neat-looking sets vs. sh!tty story than Coppola's "Dracula."

[face_laugh]

Every word is true!

except I would replace "Dracula" with "Gangs of New York...."

12. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    I just got the Warner Brothers' "Looney Tunes Golden Collection" today: 56 shorts from the golden age of cartooning, most of them classics, including "The Rabbit of Seville," "Duck Amuck," and the underrated "Feed the Kitty."

For anyone who's been considering whether or not to shell out the 45-50 clams for this set, I highly reccomend doing it. Not only will you be getting the cartoons and tons of extras, but Warner Brothers is almost surely using the sales numbers on this first set to determine the amount of money that will go into releasing future volumes (it's no mistake that "What's Opera, Doc?" was left off this set.)

-Le Penguin,
    desperately trying to narrow down the mountains of great quotes from the cartoons to use here... how about:
    "Pronoun trouble."

13. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Watched "Shao-Lin Soccer". An import from China. It's The Matrix vs Feel Good Sports Movie. Really fun, and of course some weird chinese stuff that makes no sense....not to mention kinda silly. But, the Matrix Effects work pretty well with the story.

14. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    A Mighty Wind...

It was great, although I really enjoy Chris Guest's other films.. (Spinal Tap, Waiting for Gufman, and Best in Show)

I went out and got the soundtrack and have listened to it over and over already...

The production set-up for the movie is impressive..

For those who don't know, his films are all ad-libbed..

They actually wrote all the songs in the movie, and the actors all sing their own songs..

They then put on a real concert that was used at the end..

15. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    The DVD of Finding Nemo is really great. Disney decided to offer both wide- and full-screen versions on the two disc set, but there's an introduction to the film by the director in which he comes right out and endoreses the widescreen version (complete with a quick demonstration of the difference in picture.) Good for him!

Oh, and it's a damn fine film, too.

-Le Penguin
    "Bubbles!!!!!"

16. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    last movie in theaters-The Matrix Revolutions
    last movie on video-WILLARD!!!!

17. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    how was Willard?

I'm curious..

I had heard that it was a remake, and the original was still out there, but I don't know much else about either one..

18. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    The Matrix Revolutions on opening day It was kick butt!

19. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    DVD: the BBC miniseries "House of Cards." One of the great "bad guy as protagonist" films.

-Le Penguin
    "You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment."

20. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Saw elf with the girlfreind tonight. Very good something i will add to my dvd collection

Ben

21. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    agreed..

Elf was pretty good, as well as being an excellent modern holiday film.

Actually laughed out loud many times, which is rare for movie comedies these days..

22. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    On Friday, I saw Looney Tunes: Back in Action. It takes it a little while to really going, but it is very funny. There are a few cameo appearances of some classic science fiction baddies. (Ex-ter-mi-nate!) I think it deserves a bigger audience than it's been getting. The painting-hopping scene in the Louvre is simply brilliant.

Phil

23. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    I've heard almost all-good stuff about the art museum scene, but I'vealso read a good amount of reviews labeling the film overall as a nostalgia trip. Do you think it's worth it for a Looney Tunes afficianado (sp?) or is it more suited to an audience that isn't as familiar with the characters?

-Le Penguin
    "Pronoun trouble..."

24. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I think you'd have to have some familiarity with the characters, but who really doesn't? It's not a perfect film (I don't think it really clicks until about the halfway point.), but what there is works really well. There are some Star Wars gags near the end as Bugs fights Marvin Martian.

Phil

25. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    The extended edition of The Lord of the Rings The Two Towers on DVD

If you thought that the film you saw in theatres couldn't be better, prepare yourself for the special extended version...it's even better than the Fellowship of the Ring extended version. You'll love how it fleshes out the story whether or not you've read the books.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.