main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"What Movie Have You Recently Seen?" Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    :)

I'm a Curt Angle fan myself. ;)

I've been catching up with movie trailers over on the apple site lately, seen alot of good ones. Ghost Rider looks good, but some of the special effects/cgi look pretty bad. The Fantastic 4 and Spiderman 3 trailers are awsome, especially the Fantastic Four one. Seeing the Silver Surfer and Human Torch chase each other around the city was extremely cool. Another cool looking Superhero movie on the way is the TMNT movie. They did this one all cgi and the trailer is really good looking.

I hope Shrek the 3rd is better than Shrek 2. I thought the original was much better. The one movie I'm looking forward to more than any other though is the Simpsons movie which comes out in July.

2. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Ok, so... there wasn't a copy of The Marine in the local Blockbuster so, I settled for The Transporter. LOVED IT!

I liked it so much I asked my room mate if we should go rent the 2nd one to watch right away!

Also watched a Pokemon Movie with my son (he'll be 7 in 3 weeks). It made him sad in the end because the blue Pokemon died and went away from the red Pokemon (they had names that I don't remember). It was my first experiece with a Pokemon movie/show.... he's really into it though so, I don't expect it will be my last! [face_laugh]

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I was never really able to sit down and watch the Pokemon movies. I'd watch the show with my son if it was on TV but 30 minutes at a time is about as much as I can take. The games however are a different story! My son got 'Fire Red' for Christmas a couple of years ago for his Gameboy and I thought it was fun to play so when I got my own GB the next year I picked up 'Leaf Green' for myself so that we could battle eachother [face_beatup].

The TMNT movies definately looks like it will be a lot of fun! I like how they went with the CGI on this one, It looks really good.

4. Garrett_Skymaster

Garrett_Skymaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2006
    I saw Pan's Labyrinth. It was good, but strange. There were some graphic parts, and it was entirely in spanish with subtitles, but the dialogue was good, the acting was good, and the premise was just weird enought to keep your attention, a solid movie.

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Thanks for the review G_S.

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I suffered a brief moment of weakness and bought the 20th Anniversary - Transformers the Movie DVD yesterday. I was wandering thru the isles at Walmart and it caught my eye. I haven't watched the original Transformers since I was my sons age, the only thing you ever see on TV now are one of the more recent reincarnations of the show. It's even got a sneak peek of the new movie coming out this summer! I just hope it's not the teaser or the current theatrical trailer out now but something new, although I doubt it.

7. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    There's a Transformers movie due out this summer? Kewl! My son will be all over that one!

Ok guys, I rented the Marine last night and, I have to say, I wasn't overly impressed. It was ok but the plot was not complicated, rather extremely simple, and the acting was just ok. Not a bad freshman movie for John Cena but, I think that the WWE and other script writers could come up with something better for him.

Out of 5 I would probably give it a 3. I would have been disappointed had I seen it in the theatres.

Transporter 2 is on my agenda for the weekend. I believe The Departed released to DVD on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend all!

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Transporter 2 was awesome! If you like Jason Stratham then you might want to check out his last movie 'Crank'. Lots of action and an ending that you wouldn't have expected.

9. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Transporter 2 was pretty good... I have to admit that I liked the 1st one a little better. Still, I would buy the set.

My room mate also said that Crank was a great movie so I am planning on checking it out!
    I love great action movies (I am not a chick-flick girl) so, should The Departed not be available this weekend, I expect I will rent it!

10. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Do we include videos? If so, Christa and I just watched Aliens from her Alien Quadrilogy set.

11. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    This is more of a "Movie that I can't wait to see" comment but:

Did you guys catch the latest HD trailer for Spiderman 3 yet? They released a tease of it Monday night during Heroes but you had to go online the next day to get the full thing and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!! I won't spoil anything but make sure you pay close attention to the end of the clip. There's a 1.5 second shot of one of the villans, the best snapshot and pretty much the only one of him so far, right at the end.

12. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    I saw 300 this past Friday. A couple reviews claimed it was just bloody warfare without any plot, although if you know about the past history you can appreciate the movie more. I knew a bit about the history or the backstory, so I really liked it. I thought there was a good plot in it, and great battle scenes. Definently go see it, a solid flick!

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Couldn't find the new Spidey3 trailer online. You have a link Mike?

14. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    I saw 300 this past Friday. A couple reviews claimed it was just bloody warfare without any plot, although if you know about the past history you can appreciate the movie more. I knew a bit about the history or the backstory, so I really liked it. I thought there was a good plot in it, and great battle scenes. Definently go see it, a solid flick!

15. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    WB, Rogue-Girl...don't be a stranger! :D

16. TricksterGoddess11

TricksterGoddess11 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    I saw 300 on friday and it was visually incredable! Yeah ok so there was a lot of gore but it was done so beautifully that I can't fault it that. Everyone should make sure they see it in the theatre thats the way it was made to be seen. Renting it would just not be as good.

Ps: Faramir(sp?) was in it and it made me happy. [face_dancing]

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I don't have a link but if you go to the movies section on Yahoo it will be in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.