main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What movies have scared the hell out of you? - The Big Brother version

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by NarundiJedi, Jun 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I saw this topic in JCC and thought we needed to talk about it. :)

I'm a huge horror movie fan, and movies like Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street have had me rolling on the floor, holding my sides. [face_laugh] Let's just say I don't scare easily. ;)

However, I do scare in rare circumstances:

The Ring - Yes, I was terrified to go to sleep or go near a phone when it rang for a little while after watching the movie. Just the ending was enough to make me go EEP!

The Silence of the Lambs - Once again, it was the ending to this brilliant film that totally creeped me out. However, Hannibal is one of my favorite villains ever. If you liked this movie, you should see Red Dragon, but not Hannibal. ;) I wouldn't recommend that one.

Jaws - Yes, I was a little bitty kid the last time I saw this, but I was SO scared when the shark started tearing apart that boat! Jeebus! :eek:

I can't think of any more, except for this one Indy film my friends made. It was seriously so frightening because of the way it was filmed. I'm not sure if it even had music. . .it was just genuinely scary.

Jae Angel

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Silence of the Lambs - most definitely scary. I was literally standing on the back of my couch at the end.

Halloween - I saw it when I was little and it continues to be scary.

Jaws - Yep, this one scared me too. To this day, I can't even swim in a pool without wondering if a shark came through the filters.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

3. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    I haven't watched too many scary movies :p I mean, I saw Jaws on TV once, and it was a bit scary, but you know they probably edited it for children or something. Other than that... I'd have to say Alien, because I never even watched the end, just the first half or so and then my dad stopped the movie! It was a few years back, but I still have to say I'm not a big fan of scary movies ;) Some of these newer ones, like The Ring, sound good though. Maybe I should see them :) :p

4. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I haven't seen many scary movies either. :(

But Silence of the Lambs definitely creeped me out! :eek: Great movie, freaky ending. :p

E.T. Don't laugh. That little dude scares me to death. He totally freaks me out, and I refuse to watch E.T. I haven't seen it in about 13 years or so. It's bad. :p

5. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    The Fast and the Furious //shudder//

;)

6. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I used to be the horror movie kid. In high school I had rented out every horror movie at my local video store. I was crazy. But I didn't rent the movies to be scared, I rented them for cheesy fun. Films like Evil Dead 2, Popcorn, Return of the Living Dead, etc.

There are only a few movies that I would really consider scary:

The Exorcist is probably the scariest movie ever. It's violent, grotesque, dark.

Jacob's Ladder: the hostiptal scenes are enough to freak most people out.

Blair Witch: a great little film that preys upon people with overactive imaginations and a fear of the unknown.

Honorable mention goes to The Serpent and the Rainbow, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the first one, not the cross dresser one), In the Mouth of Madness, and Bloodsucking Freaks.

7. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Doctor Giggles, probably the grossest horror movie ever, had me in stitches!

Then there was laughing at the tree scene in Evil Dead. Bwah hahaha! [face_mischief]

Best of all was the night that my boyfriend and I rented a movie that had a title like "Sorority Slumber Party 2" :eek: We knew what THAT was going to be about! ;) Anyway, it was funny. :p

Jae Angel

8. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Peter Jackson's first film "Dead Alive", still holds the title of grossest horror movie of all time. The main hero straps a lawnmower to his chest and then starts chopping up zombies. There's "blood" everywhere. Although the blood looks suspiciously like that red soda.

9. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Oh yeah...the Exorcist. Good one.

The Amityville Horror - scary movie and a scary book.

10. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    I don't know if this was supposed to be a horror movie, but remember, I grew up in Arkansas, so Deliverance scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.

11. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Creepshow....the story about the scientist who is a clean freak and the roaches....freaked me out like mad as a kid...and still does...//shudders//

12. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Me too, Sammy! I remember seeing that when I was really young, the roaches coming out of the guys mouth and all. They don't show that segment on the televised broadcasts of Creepshow.

13. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Hell yeah...they were coming out of his chest and stuff...I remember seeing his body writhing like he was gonna throw-up or something...and finally they started to pour-out of his mouth like crazy....//shudders//

14. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yep - I remember Creepshow, that was great. Scared the heck out of me!

Another one that wasn't really scary, per say, but freaked me out was Sybil. I remember watching it with my sister one afternoon on tv when I was sent home from school because of a tornado warning. Seeing that at about 9 years old gave me the creeps.

15. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Oooooh, I forgot to mention that movies like Outbreak and The Stand creep me out because epidemics are just scary!

I do, however, find the history of the Black Death to be fascinating. :)

Jae Angel

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Not much, really. Only Jaws. I'm afraid of sharks still. But 'scary' movies don't scare me, I guess because I'm just too much 'in the minds' of the filmmakers.

However, thrillers that have gotten me on the edge of my seat with apprehension are Psycho, The Game,and Identity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.