main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA What Music are you Listening to? Like right now

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I am listening to the score from the movie Sneakers by the great film composer James Horner.

2. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    I just paused my J-pop so I could watch an episode of this amazing Chinese show.

3. CountDuku3126

Jun 13, 2005
    Yay the internet here failed and i posted the same message 3 times. :oops:

4. CountDuku3126

Jun 13, 2005
    I just paused my J-pop so I could watch an episode of this amazing Chinese show.

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Let's see, last song was Backstreet Boys I want it that way, then before that was N Sync's Tearing Up My Heart or whatever, before that was Mandy Moore's I want to be with you, now it's Britney Spears greatest hits.

haha, j/k.

Mostly I listen to techno music, rock music, and some pop, but I would say probably 60% techno, 20% rock, 20% other (various).

6. Rowe_Solo

Rowe_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2007
    I'm listening to @};- Guns N Roses @};- greatest hits,my favorite song is November Rain. I also listen to techno music.

7. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I was in that video (November Rain). Little known JB factoid. Not that I'm famous now, or anything... :)

8. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Wow! We have a celebrity in our midst! =D=

9. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    How the heck have I known you for four years (can you believe it) and you've never mentioned being in that video!

I'm listening to "Sunday Girl" by Erasure I just got the live cd in the mail. Since I was at that concert in London I guess you could say I'm on the cd, I was singing along so?

10. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    OMG you too!

I was in it.

11. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I can put people as extras in music videos if they want, haha, I'll have lots of openings like that in the future. I just can't guarantee the videos will play on MTV2 or VH-1 or whatever, that's really up to the band and their success. Hopefully though.

12. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I was extra in a movie made at Bubba's house during a bachelor party.

I think there was music playing.

13. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Superman the Planet Krypton Track made by Master Williams with the sound of the rain falling in the background from the window, Thank you XM Cinemagic!!!

14. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Right now I have Fatboy Slim's Better Living through Chemistry in my car CD player.

R_S and Bowen, I love techno and electronica music.

15. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    and the fact that MTV doesn't play music vidoes

16. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Well, that is interesting, GF! I was listening to the Superman soudtrack on CD yesterday morning, and the Planet Krypton track is one of my favorites, along with The Trip to Earth and Turning Back the World.

SJ, Weapon of Choice is still one of my all time favorite videos!

17. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    "The Scientist" by Coldplay

18. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Just started: "Dave" by James Newton Howard
    Just ended: "The Corpse Bride" by Danny Elfman

19. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Weird Al Yankovic's "Poodle Hat".

20. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Right, and as you can clearly read (or maybe can't?) I wrote MTV2, which does play many, many music videos. MTV no longer plays hardly any music videos, but that's what MTV2 is for.

Besides there are a million music video networks out there now, specialty ones for international music, of course the usual suspects like MTV2, Fuse, VH-1, etc. There are a lot of them if you just are flipping through the satellite channels. Then there's the Internet, where YouTube and MySpace and MetaCafe and those other sites have plenty of music videos. A lot of bands do better just promoting on the Internet sources, anyway.

21. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I'm a fan of techno also, Paul Van Dyke, Fat Boy Slim, Prodigy, Oribital, Orb...so many others.

22. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Streaming STAR98.7 at work this morning. (How unexciting!

23. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004

Rawr.

I'm listening to "Break it Down Again"-Tears for Fears.

24. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    "Damn Regret" Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Kind of poppy but okay over all.

25. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I just got the Hyperdex-1-Sect CD used with the track Mind on it, that is a really cool techno track.

Benassi Bros. is also awesome.

I would say in general the techno music I listen to isn't by a particular artist, I mean there are a few like Oakenfold, The Crystal Method, Ian Van Dahl, etc., but when I look through my collection it's all over the place, great tracks by some artist who I don't have anything else by, haha.

I also like dance music, even though I hate dancing with a passion, because dance = techno with lyrics. I know people like making music very complicated but I devote too much thought to other things I consider more important, so I'm not a big fan of the distinctions that are made within music where somehow there are like 1,278 types of rock (I see about 3 times, like hard rock / metal, classic rock, and pop rock, haha), and 786 types of techno music... I think it's all nonsense. Techno is techno to me, no need to call one thing house (that term makes no sense anyway, at all), trance, electric-industrial, etc. I mean seriously who can figure out what is what? Only the artists are making up these names for what they do, when in reality it's pretty easy...

Techno is just techno.
    Dance is techno with lyrics.

That keeps it simple for me. So I like quite a lot of dance music even if the lyrics are sometimes blah because the tunes are good. That means I listen to XM81 and XM82 in the car...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.