main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA What Music are you Listening to? Like right now

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Switched to an internet station called 30,000 Tunes. It features International music and I haven't heard a single song I'm familiar with. (Much less unexciting.)

2. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    "Final Countdown"

3. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Asia, huh? Prententious keyboard intros, but great 80's Pop Rock.

4. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    diff continent, Europe.

its not really my fault, a music game show that I'm addicted to calls its final round of questions "The Final Countdown"

5. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    what's everyone's favorite incorrect song lyric? mine is 'hold me closer Tony Danza'

6. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Mine's from when I was 6: "heeeeey girl, small fry!"

(that's really, "big girls don't cry"...)

7. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    "Snap My Picture" by Prodigy
    (Really: "Slap my ***** up.")

8. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Boy, do I feel sheepish. :(

9. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    "Save the dance"

Really, "Safety Dance"

10. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    "Excuse me while I kiss this guy"

really: "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" (Hendrix)

[face_blush]

11. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Streets of Philadelphia
    Bruce Springsteen

which just went into..

A Love that will Never Grow Old
    Emmylou Harris

It's my moody mix.

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    As many times as I hear that song I don't hear what they supposedly are singing, and I'm sorry but I judge that to be awful music. Sing clearly. It's not really that difficult. I hear snap my picture, I always have.

Another one that doesn't work out at all, in any respect whatsoever, is "Call On Me" by Eric Prydz, which I think is pretty catchy but it's not "call on me," I mean one listen is enough to understand that. It either sounds like "Oh lean on me," or "Calling (very drawn out) on me," but not call on me. That's 100% incorrect, I mean that's great if that's what his lyrics said or whatever, but the song doesn't say call on me, it says calling on me, which actually sounds more like ohhhh lean on me. Otherwise how do you explain the extremely long first word, when you can't draw out call to make it sound like calling when the next word is just on. That really frustrates me. Again, sing properly or at least write the proper lyrics.

13. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Music is in the ear of the listener. If you think that "Snap My Picture" by Prodigy is awful music then don't listen to it many times. Music is universal and there's different tastes for everybody. Right now, I'm listening to The Sun and the Moon CD by Fray. :)

14. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Right now I'm taking a walk down memory lane and listening to Mariah Carey: Music Box. Some people have said that she is a wonderful singer. I think this as well. She started her career in a time of great musical upheaval and variety. I also listened to Whitney Houston then. Those were my first two albums (dates me a bit doesn't it? I'm a young'un). I then moved on to TLC and Aqua, which were teen poppy things. I listened to KIIS FM a lot. Then my father introduced me to Phantom fo the Opera. My life changed forever. Now I listen to an eclectic mix of everything save a few genres, and even those have exceptions.

15. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    I beat you all right now [face_laugh]. I am listening to my comp sci professor rant about something in a room that you hear a lot of typing because we have about 10 laptops open.

16. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    APL, my favorite musical is "Les Miserables". I have it on my iPod but don't listen to it often because it makes me sad.

17. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    When I taught I never allowed the use of laptops...besides being annoying/distracting, it bothered me to see students wasting their parents'/taxpayers' $$ by not paying attention in class -- and I don't buy the "typing notes" excuse: I've seen enough posts on message boards along the lines of "I'm bored in my bio class so I'm surfing..." to know better. That's just my $.02. ;)

Back to music -- I like most forms, and I could care less if the vocalist's articulations are clear. I'm listening to nothing right now except the wind. [face_whistling]

18. emeza

emeza Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2008
    I'm listening to "The Queen is Dead" by The Smiths - highly recommended. Morrissey is such an awesome songwriter and performer. His lyrics are deep.

19. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    APL, I love Phantom of the Opera too. I own the soundtrack and DVD. The music is just beautiful! :)

20. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Saw both Phantom and Miserables at the Pantages. And have both on my MP3 player as well.

21. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Talk about variety, I'm listening to Collegium Aureum by Mozart on an internet classical music station called Otto Musick.

This morning I listened to KROQ, Indie and STAR98.7.

Yesterday I listened to Beirut Nights and Bombay Beat.

22. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    That's a start, APL, but you really didn't go far enough. You didn't compare every Mariah album and state why each is superior to a more popular album at the time, and why you're better than fans of *those* albums.

;)
    BTW, my first albums (on cassette! haha.) were Oasis' "What's the Story, Morning Glory?" and No Doubt's "Tragic Kingdom". Mmmm, 90s music. (and I uuuuused to have the Mariah Carey cd that had "Fantasy", my fave, and "Always be my Baby" on it...dunno whether it's hiding somewhere or gone now, aw, man!)

23. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I like Swing 2 Harmony by Perasma, just heard that on the techno station the other day. The lyrics are completely incomprehensible, I mean you can't understand a word basically of the song, and even if you read the lyrics they are lame. But the background music is totally awesome. I think it'd be better frankly without any lyrics, haha, but I appreciate the rest.

24. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana

25. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I totally had Tragic Kingdom too. Wore that CD out!

Listening to Feist: "1234"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.