main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What music are you listening to right now?

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by spooky-kid, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER - And if you have to ask who made it, well thats just sad! :(

2. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    yeah-I've been wanting the Far Beyond Driven vinyl lp lately. I seen it on ebay recently,but I wanna try and get a better deal than that on it. I want the cover that wasn't censored. [face_devil]

Besides Ozzel-by now I think we all know your favorite band seems to be Pantera.

3. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Watching WWE Monday night Raw!!!!! Internet on the comercials.

4. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Pantera kicks ass, I havent heard much of their newer stuff, but my younger years wouldnt have been the same without Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display of Power and Far Beyond Driven. Dimebag always blew me away.

Anyone play any instruments? I have been playing the guitar for several years, alittle out of practice lately though.

Chris

5. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I don't play anything,but I've done vocals in previuos bands. Someone here wanna try and start a band? How about a death metal band that has lyrics pertaining to Star Wars?

Spooky [face_devil]

Oh-right now I'm listening to Cradle of Filths' Midian can't wait to see them in 5 more days. Any of ya'll going to OZZFEST?

6. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Dont want to talk about it. This is going to be the 2nd 1 I have missed. Although, only missing 2 in the history of the tour aint bad. I guess. Cant sing or play an inst, but I have done alot of concert security incase you need it.

7. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    This is only my 2nd OZZFEST I'll have gone to. There's usually a bunch of sh***y bands playing-That's why I usually don't care. But last year they had all the original members of Black Sabbath together again and that was the main reason I went,plus I still like seein' Marilyn Manson live-now that he's gone back to the rock oriented style. I hated the whole Mechanical Animals idea-that cd sucked.

This year Cradle of Filth and Shadows Fall are playing which is why I'm going. All the other bands SUCK.(EXCEPT MANSON)Probably want stick around for Ozzy this time. I never did like Ozzy as much as I did Black Sabbath(less now than before with Randy Rhodes)

[face_devil] Long live the Empire Spooky

8. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Please tell me you meant OZZY & Randy, & not SABBATH & Randy. (just wanted to make sure) -----26th row, Pantera opening up for Sabbath (original line up) & A whole lot of Beer!!!! That night was fun. Dont like Manson, love the OZ-MAN!!!! Seen Ozzy many times.

9. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    randy never played with sabbath-he would've been just a kid then.

10. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Yeah I know. Just double checking with ya! :cool:

11. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    PANTERA 101 Proof Live

12. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    CRADLE OF FILTH-DAMNATION AND A DAY

[face_devil]

13. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    SYSTEM OF A DOWN

14. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    What?

...once again, Just kidding.But personally that guys vocals is really annoying to me. [face_devil]

15. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    ******* PARADE The 7" with the Septic Death rip-off artwork. [face_devil]

16. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    MESHUGGAH!!!!!!!!!! I dont think its any 1 CD, someone a know made a cd for me out of a couple different CD's Its kind of like a homemade "best of" I didnt get the titles to any of the songs though. I've seen them 2x. 1x at Ozzfest, but the best was 1x at a local bar in Dallas, they opened for Slayer! Small venue = better show! Kick Ass PIT!!!!!!

17. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Listening to the Underworld Soundtrack right now, its got some pretty good tracks on it. Maynard from Tool sings on a couple tracks, check it out.

Chris

18. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Until you said something about Maynard-I figured that thing probably sucked. The songs they were playing during the preview at Freddy vs. Jason sucked. They should put bands like Cradle of Filth / Marilyn Manson / Nine Inch Nails / Type O negative(even though I don't personally like them) on it. I would like to hear Maynards vocals on some tracks though.

[face_devil]

19. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Suicidal Tendencies-Lights, Camera, Revolution [face_devil]

Who you callin' crazy? You wouldn't know what crazy was if you saw Charles Manson eatin' Fruit Loops on your front porch.

20. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Well, normally I'm listening to Classic Rock 92 for the first part of the day but, when I went home for lunch I listened to....

Ted Nugents'-Strangle Hold on the Double Live Gonzo LPwhich also has a song called Stormtroopin' check it out

and

Napalm Death/ Coalesce split 7" called 'In Tongues We Speak' [face_devil]

21. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Napalm Death Kicks ASS!!!!!!!! I have Point Blank on CD, but my best friend has it at his place in TX. Right now I am watching Cartoons, earlier I was cranking up The Mighty Met!!!!!! CD- And Justice For All!!!!!!

22. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    And Justice for All... is still the best album of all time. My wife had turn the tv to Metal Mania on VH1 when I got home from work yesturday and they played Mother-Danzig then Fade to Black a live recording from the Justice tour. I miss those days. Now I just wish Metallica would Die-they suck so bad now.

Ozzel-Did you ever figure out which Doughnut/Donut you were trying to spell? [face_devil]

23. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Avulsion-Green Scare 7"

OZZEL-Have you heard of these guys? I can't wait to meet you. I got so much music I wanna turn you on to. [face_devil]

24. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Shadows Fall-The Art of Balance

Giver of Life, Destroyer of Senses...I Invoke! [face_devil]

25. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Sorry man. Cant say that I know who they are. Yeah, I'll meet up with ya sometime. :cool: Right now I am listening to SLAYER-SEASONS IN THE ABYSS They are going on tour w/Hatebreed, but not anywhere near here!!!! :mad: That SUX!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.