main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What music would you like to hear in the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by markdeez33, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    John Williams has created a vast array of music for the Star Wars Universe. What themes would you like to hear from previous episodes?

I think the music from Qui-Gon's Funeral/The Immolation Scene (featured in Episode 1 and Episode 3) would be perfect to feature in a dark scene for the upcoming Episode 7, somewhere along the way.

2. markdeez33

Jan 25, 2013
    Also I hope if they do an Obi-Wan spinoff, and he fights Darth Maul again, that it happens on Tatooine, to the sounds of this masterpiece:

Padawan Fangirl and ScorpionJedi like this.
  3. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I do like the way John Williams used the Imperial March in the PT to foreshadow the coming empire. Perhaps in the ST he could (hopefully subtly and with much grace) reprise that theme at a couple key moments to show that the echoes of those events are still present.

4. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    If Anakin's ghost appears at all, or if there's a discussion about him, I hope they use a bit of his theme from TPM.

5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Variations of Luke's theme -- the theme used in the throne room at the end of ANH.

Dewback likes this.
  6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I am sorry, but The Imperial March is Vader's theme, and it WILL NOT appear without Vader, or some reference to him. It was played in the PT to foreshadow his eventual appearance, like when Anakin told Padme about killing the sand people, a Vader-like act.

The only way I want any of the music to repeat is if particular characters associated with certain music appear, otherwise, new music please.

Darth_Downunder likes this.
  7. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013

You were saying?

EDIT: Once again, it seems Han has shot first (talking about myself in 3rd person) ;)

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    To be fair the Imperial March was played at the end of AOTC when the clones were departing. That scene was about the coming of the Empire and not Darth Vader.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Han Burgundy!

9. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004

The Imperial March was Vader's theme, but it was used to represent the Empire as well. The first full-blown use of it in the saga was at the end of AOTC when the Star Destroyer type ships were going off to the war, and it was used there to signal that this was the end of the Republic as we knew it. In truth, I've always felt that Anakin's fall to the Dark Side and the Republic's fall to the Empire were one and the same from a thematic point of view, but that's probably an analysis for another thread.

Edit: I guess I took too long on this one. :p

bstnsx704, El_Machete12, T-R- and 5 others like this.
  10. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Fair enough, but that is one spot in 6 movies, the rest of the many times it played was foreshadowing Vader, and the song is titled as follows: The Imperial March (Darth Vader's theme). Chances it will play in the ST without a Vader reference? The Chance brothers, Slim and None, and Slim just left town.

I see others love this song as much as I do given the 3 quick rebuttals I got, so here is the best version of it ever:

laurethiel1138 and Han Burgundy like this.
  11. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Williams should definitely push those emotion buttons with a wide use of the main Star Wars theme (something that hurt the prequels I think). It's a given that they'll use the Imperial March as a cue for either imperials or Sith. I also suspect they'll use the force theme too (although I thought this was overused in the prequels).

12. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    I don't think we'll see Obi-Wan vs Maul again seeing as Maul is getting closure in an upcoming comic but definitely yes to Duel of the Fates in Episode VII!

13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Personally, instead of the Imperial March---which I associate with Vader and the Empire---if there are Sith in the ST, I'd love for some variation of the Emperor's theme (Darth Sidious' theme), like the one in the Throne Room in RotJ, used. That's the theme I most associate with the Sith, given that it was often used in various variations throughout the PT when Sith, specifically Sidious, appeared.

For the heroes, specifically Luke Skywalker, I'd love to hear his theme and of course the Force theme used at some point.

Also, some themes for the light side of the Force:

14. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Main Title (Luke's heroic action theme)
    Binary Sunset variants (Luke's introspective theme)
    Princess Leia's Theme
    Han Solo and the Princess (a variant of Leia's theme)
    Luke and Leia
    Brother and Sister
    Han's bouncy ANH corridor running music (his action theme)

Dewback and T-R- like this.
  15. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    i want this

16. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I would suspect a whole new theme just for the Sith or new Dark Force practitioners, with similar tones as Palpatine's.

17. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Good list, although I don't like Luke & Leia, if that's the one from RotJ. I find it very bland & generic.

I'd add:

Qui-Gon's funeral/Immolation choral segment (as the thread author suggested)
    The Pit of Carkoon (esp the "victory fanfare" at the end as they escape)
    Some small use of:
    The lightsaber clash music from ESB, also used in RotS

markdeez33 likes this.
  18. markdeez33

Jan 25, 2013
    Yes I would love for more of Palpatine's theme!

Echo-07 likes this.
  19. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    Palps and Vader are dead. Their themes are not necessary any more. Need something fresh for the new villain. Palps theme is just beyond amazing.

Echo-07 likes this.
  20. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    THIS

21. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Such an underappreciated gem

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I expect to hear the Imperial March at least once. When the Empire shows up or during a vision to the next generation of Skywalker or Solo offspring showing that falling is still possible.
    The Force theme, the main theme and whatever character themes are out there are fine.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  23. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    1. Luke and Leia
    2. Luke and Leia
    3. Luke and Leia

4. Luke and Leia
    /LM

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If they happen to feature a threat that spanned all films (ex. Plaguies), having Duel of the Fates be revisited in some form would be a nice tie.

Darth PJ, T-R-, Immortiss and 2 others like this.
  25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    If there is any reminiscing of Anakin and Padme (Perhaps Luke showing Leia a hologram of them, trying to prove that their father WAS once a man, and not always a monster) I'd love to hear gentle strains of 'Across the Stars'...

T-R-, Darth Raiden, mes520 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.