main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania What music you listening to right now?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Yeah, well I reckon yopu can't get much more chilled than Coldplay...ah, it's so cool :)

And yeah, Travis is cool as well. I just don't know how good their first two ones are. I bought it blind, so to speak (no, I wasn't drunk or blind...just didn't know any of the songs...) and it turned out to be great.

Hmmm...Evanescence is good, though, I have to say. Don't know if it's study music, though... :)

2. BecJedi

BecJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    Okay, I know I'm going to get chewed up for this...but who are Lamb and what kind of music do they make?

May have to invest in some Coldplay. What's their best cd, Deto?

3. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Ooh, a very tough call. Well, they have 'Parachutes' and then 'A Rush of Blood to The Head' (now referred to as 'ARBH' :D ). Both are exceptionally good, but I would have to go for ARBH, as, well it just has one or two more good songs than the other. But that's a real difficult question...and I don't want to be responsible for you not liking it or anything either... :D

It's just really beautiful music, I think. So good to chill to, and the words actually mean something (as opposed to BS...which could stand for Britney Spears, or bull-)...

;)

4. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Lamb are fairly difficult to describe. It's usually very mellow music, though the vocals are stunning in every track I've heard. You'd probably be best to check the samples at their website. Gorecki still stands as my favourite track out of the ones I've heard so far.

5. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Gypsy Kings, Hotel California. gotta love that spanish guitar

6. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    The Eels - JJJ Live @ the Wireless.

Ok, I'm at Lamb's site right now listening to Gorecki, this song is incredible. I can understand why you guys like them. This is great music. Bother, now there are MORE cds I want to buy!

7. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    messicat_kenobi - the new Muse album Absolution is bloody amazing... if you liked TIRO, you'll love the rest... it hasn't left my CD player. IMHO, it has more then surpassed Origin and Showbiz (their two previous albums). A shame that approximately 2% of the aussie population have heard of them.

8. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Eazy-E:

I'd Rather **** You

and

Probably not suitable for this forum.

EDIT: aaaaaaw Hawk wat are you doing to me :p nah fair enuff i just wasnt sure

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    just finished The Darkness, I Believe in a Thing Called Love - Oooh, guitar! :D

And I'm gonna whack Robert Randolph and the Family Band on next, probably track 2, I need more love.

E_S

10. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    When I'm at home, I generally listen to a compilation of anything from Bruce Springsteen to U2 to TISM to Dire Straits to the Band of Brothers soundtrack. Occasionally, a bit of The Angels: Liveline 89 is thrown in the cd player for some live variety.

11. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    Here is no Why - The Smashing Pumpkins

12. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    Damir, the first time I heard of Muse was their song Plug In Baby and I've kept my ears open for them ever since. I really want to get their new cd, I went to my local cd store and they didn't have any, which was ok, since I didn't actually have enough money to get it. I have a birthday soon, I'm sure I can convince someone to give me money for cds.

Right now I'm listening to Tripod, a song called Schoolyard Truths, one of the song in an hour challenges from the breakfast show on JJJ, very funny stuff.

13. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Muse - Absolution.

... and that's the 2% of the Aussie population that knows about Muse spoken for, I think.

;)

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I've listened to a bit of Muse; love the Thom Yorke style vocals... :p

E_S

15. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Well it's official then... people on the net have taste. I've met a total of 4 - yes count them, 4! - people that have heard of Muse, and 2 of them really like them, the other two can't stand them. Matt's vocals are bloody amazing, and it can really be heard in Absolution... It's teh rox00rz.

Currently listening to Cherry Poppin' Daddies :D

16. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    Then the other 2 are silly heads, Muse's music rocks my socks.

Ok, so I went through all the other audio samples on Lamb's site, and I was listening to Gabriel trying to work out where I'd heard it before, so I dig out my Ministry of Sound chillout cds and lo and behold, Gabriel is on the latest one that I have. And What Is That Sound? is on the one before that.

I knew I recognised the girl's voice!

I really have to get my hands on some of these guys cds, can anyone recommend a good one to start with?

17. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    - "Slice of Heaven" by Dave Dobbyn and Herbs.
    - "Dancing on A Saturday Night" by Barry Blue.
    - "Get Outta My Dreams" by Billy Ocean.
    - "The Horses" by Daryl Braithwaite.

Am [face_love]

18. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    Slice of Heaven is my baby song!

Lamb - Wonder

This music is awesome!

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Then the other 2 are silly heads, Muse's music rocks my socks.

You haven't heard Radiohead, messi? :p

And I think you'll find that Lou Rhodes from Lamb was on either the most recent Massive Attack or Plump DJ's CD.

E_S

20. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    I actually have a Radiohead cd. Radiohead are way cool too.

I need more music of that type, so when I know names of artists to look out for, all is good. If not, then, well, no more music for messi.

21. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    you guys actually have CDs [face_shocked]

:p mp3 is the way my friends

22. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    Being a musician, I respect musicians.

Besides, I like having shiney cds to look at
    ooh purdy

I have over 130 cds, I'm sure others here have more, but I'm proud of my slowing growing cd collection.

23. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Yeah thats the same with me but DVDs instead of CDs

24. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    I've been listening a lot to Goldfrapp's Black Cherry, which is a lot more glam rocky then the previously chilled outing of "Felt Mountain", but both albums are almost constantly cycled through my playlists.

Lamb are awesome. "Fear of fours" is a great album with classics like Bonfire, "lullaby" and "All in your hands"; whilst their original self-titled and their already mentioned release "Gabriel" are both great CDs. I haven't heard their new CD, I'll have to go and get it stat! :)

But as I've written this Goldfrapp has gone and The Whitlams are back. Ah, good ol' music.

25. BecJedi

BecJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    I think I've hit 200 cds... :eek: But most of them are really really bad. I wouldn't mind 130 DVDs. :D

Listening to Lighthouse Family right now. One word: chilled. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.