main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What new theme would you like in Episode 3?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by MrJango, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrJango

MrJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2002
    so far all of the SW films have introduced at least one new theme that hasnt been in any SW film before it:

ANH: Sw theme, Force theme, almost all SW music
    ESB: Imperial march, yodas theme, snowspeeder theme(minor ,i know but its there)
    ROTJ: Emperors theme,
    TPM: Trade Federation theme, Duel of the Fates
    AOTC: anakin-Padmé love theme

my question is simple. if a new theme was to be introduced in Ep3, in which situation would you like it to be played.

for example(not to be taken seriously. i do not want all of these):

boba fett theme
    bail organa theme
    clone war theme
    mace windu theme
    light saber theme
    jedi purge theme
    alderaan theme
    separatist theme

share your ideas here in this thread. it should be fun to see what kind of themes we all want.

2. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    Pssst, there already is a Boba Fett theme ;)...

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Actually, it's more of a motif, but yah. :D

But as for the big theme that will have a music video made out of it and stuff, it will probably Vader's Theme. I'm just guessing that's what the music video will be set to and that's what the end credits will feature.

4. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I'd like to see a mournful new theme for all that's happened in the galaxy. A Requiem for the Jedi or something like that. But I really can't see Episode III having more than one new theme. I think the Emperor's Theme, The Imperial March and possibly the love theme will be the main presence in the score.

5. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    Boba Fett needs a longer theme. And a lightsaber or Purge theme would be awesome. Just one more catchy tune!!! Please!! :)

6. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    How 'bout a Padme theme? :D

7. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    A "Lightsaber Theme"?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm... [face_plain]

No comment.

Personally, I don't see the need for any new themes.

8. MrJango

MrJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2002
    Sithman, i was just brainstorming when i wrote my list. i dont see any need for a light saber theme but i just wrote it because maybe someone would like to have it in there. but i absolutly dont see any need for such a theme.

9. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I would like to see 'The Arena' be consolidated and embellished to make a more powerful theme called 'Clone Wars' or something. This should play out in whatever battle of the clone wars plays out in earlier parts of the film.

And the Jedi Purge theme could be a very twisted mix of the Emperor's theme and a dark version of the Force theme. Dunno.

10. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Oooh. I like that last idea, grand_admiral_ewok. :D

TVB.

11. DeltaJedi

DeltaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Return of the Jedi SE ended with a piece of celebration music (one of the finest additions of the SE, and one of my favorite Star Wars music pieces of all time) that put a good cap on the entire trilogy. To me, the music conveyed a sense of final victory finally setting in. Not exubernece at winning (like the loud, boisterious theme at the end of TPM), but the contentment and realizing that is finally over.

I'd like to see the same idea be used to create a darker piece of music to use at the end of the PT when we see the final happenings that set the stage for the darkness that will cover the galaxy for the next 20 years. I'm not sure if it should incorporate any prior pieces of music, but if it does, I'd like to see the Emporer's theme used.

The thing I'd most like to see happen in Episode III is the recombination of various themes into songs that reflect the transitory nature of the characters. Like more mergings of Across the Stars and Duel of the Fates, or more use of the Force Theme and the Imperial march. Things that reflect the onslaught of darkness and the fall of the Jedi order.

If they must introduce a new theme, I'd like to see them cook up an Obi-Wan and Anakin theme. Master/Learner theme.

12. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    I'd love a dark version of the force theme or meshed with the Imperial March perhaps, just to add a nice depressing and sad ending to the PT :)

Tayschrenn

13. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Jar Jar death theme. :D

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, considering he only dies ONCE, it'd be hard to have THEME for that. :p

15. AmeiaSkywalker

AmeiaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    Maybe Anakin stops Jar Jar from dying? :D

I think there should be an Anakin fighting Obi-Wan theme or a Vader theme.

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Maybe Anakin stops Jar Jar from dying?"

Okay, now someone saving him from death would make Jar Jar happy, right? What's Jar Jar's occupation? A senator. So what would that make him?

A HAPPY SENATOR!!!!!! I think we've found the place where we'll FINALLY hear the Happy Senator's Theme! :D

...Of course, if Jar Jar just flat out dies, that won't work. :p

And Ameia, Vader already has a theme. ;)

17. JediKnightKyyzo

JediKnightKyyzo Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2002
    Howdy Jedi Knights,
    I'm new here and a huge fan of John Williams and all five of the Star Wars soundtracks. My opinion for the Episode III themes:
    1. Clone War Theme - This is almost a given, theme like this would play well for Williams, use of drums and trumpets...this theme is very loud and fast paced. The theme should make you feel like your in the middle of the war.
    2. Dark Side Clone War Theme - Here, Williams can take the same sound, tempo, and beat, but change instruments. Instead of using drums and trumpets as the dominate instruments, Williams could use strings to create an eerie atmosphere.
    3. Anakin's Dark Side Theme - bring back the sounds used when Anakin was our hero from Episode I, and again turn the dominate loud sounds into more of an eerie sound.

Ok, that's my opinion...please give you opinion on my opinion, so i can give my opinion on your opinion of my opinion...hehehehe

-Kyyzo

18. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Very good question. I always wondered what will be Track 2 on the Original Episode 3 Soundtrack release ;)

sadly I couldn't think of anything

TPM: fast paced mostly loud Duel music
    AotC: a somewhat quieter love theme, darker
    E3: ... how about something like ... The Dark Side Beckon's little brother? ;)

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Anakin's Dark Side Theme"

Isn't that The Imperial March"? :confused:

I dunno, if we need a "Clone War Theme" or a "Dark Side Clone War Theme" (I actually LOLed at that one :p ).

I mean, not everything needs a THEME. Now, would I want what you described to simply be the soundtrack to the battle sequence (assuming there is one) in EpIII? Absolutely, but needn't be a "Theme" for a single battle, ya know? (Yavin, Hoth and Endor didn't have one)

20. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Luke has 2 themes: Main theme & Luke and Leia
    Leia has 3 themes: Leia´s theme, Han and Leia & Luke and Leia
    Anakin has 2(3) themes: Anakin´s theme, Anakin and Padmé (& Imperial march)

So far, Padmé has only 1 theme: Anakin and Padmé.
    I think(and hope) that JW will write a Mother´s theme for her.

21. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Wait, didn't JW mention a Padme theme that he wrote at one point, and George asked him to hold off on it until a later movie? So, do we think that was ATS, or something we have yet to hear?

personally, I don't think we are going to hear much of the Emperor's theme until we see Palpatine in the Sith Robes, which will probably happen towards the end. Remember, JW doesn't want to dwarf how cool Dark Side Beckons is!

I like the requiem idea. Some motive used as interlude (in the way mystery was in AOTC) that can be both sad and painful as well as sped up to be aggressive and fierce. It would work as a counter ballance to the IM, which is more bombastic.

and no, I dont' think that DOTF would serve this purpose, because that is more internal, not as cosmic as what I am thinking.....

does anyone get what I am talking about?

22. JediKnightKyyzo

JediKnightKyyzo Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2002
    Alright Sithman...you needn't LOL, although now that i look back at it, yep...i'm LOL too.
    Understand what you mean that there doesn't always need to be a "THEME".
    Yes the Anakin's Dark Side Theme, would be similar to that of the Imperial March...so JW could simply rewrite the Imperial March with a 2005 twist to it.

Still...it's too early to start making decisions on the so called "THEME". Got to see the direction Lucas takes the film first and then decide on the best possible "THEME" music

-Kyyzo

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Maybe a softer version of Imperial March. Something like in Rotj for Anakin's death on the Death Star scene, but extended.

Since this would be for Ep 3, perhaps a new Luke & Leia theme. Something sad and innocent like. Something that would speak of what is to come. That's if we see them born in Ep 3 of course. :)

A new theme just for Vader would also be good too. One that would be suited for his rise from Anakin to Sith.

24. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    A Return of the Droid Motiff and Stormtrooper Motiff would be nice...

I think a Dooku theme is needed.

But the biggy will have to be a Skywalker Theme...

And perhaps an Obi/Anakin theme...

25. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    There shouldn't be a "Clone Wars Theme" because as we all know, the final and climatic battle of the Clone Wars will take place at the beginning of Episode III. I agree with Sithman's first statement about a theme portraying all of the tragedy and decay that has befallen the galaxy, and that which is still to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.