main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What new things do you hope to see in EP 7

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ray243, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

I always wondered, can't the lightsaber be combined with a blaster? Imagine a trigger that instead of deactivating the blade releases it into the unprepared enemy.

Rickern and Chained Prometheus like this.
  2. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Ooh, utilizing the blade a harpoon-like blast? I'd dig that.

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  3. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Enemy troops who are accurate and precise with their weapons (aka their aim). [face_devil] :p

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  4. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    That is something I have wanted to see for a long, long time as well... and perhaps, so as to give the lightsaber blaster a flaw, only a few blasts can be fired before the crystals overheat and need time to recharge?

Another interesting aspect of shooting a lightsaber blade would be that instead of disintegrating and/or reflecting back dependent on the surface type like your typical blaster, it could actually stay intact even after impact.

There was a scene in Final Fantasy 7 where a character named Sephiroth stabbed a political figure through the back, leaving his sword in the victim and setting up a scene for the protagonists to figure out what happened, and I have always thought that would be cool to see a lightsaber blade that can stay ignited without its' handler present, like a normal sword. Anyway, the lightsaber blaster concept shares that feature.[/spoilers]

5. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Speaking of final fantasy(I love that series) it works kinda like the gunblade from 8, 13, 14, advent children and crisis core. Only this one kinda shoots the whole blade out. instead of firing a projectile from a bladed weapon.

6. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Well they can't all be like Anakin with that kind of full emotional story arc.

Sometimes you just get guys like Han who don't care then suddenly care.

mes520 likes this.
  7. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Been trying but can't think of anything at the moment. So surprise me.

8. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012

It will be a short trilogy as our heroes will all be dead in the first half hour...

9. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012

Yep. A bird-like alien species would be interesting to see in Star Wars. And a female antagonist ala Ventress would be awesome too.

10. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Rebel scum had it coming. :p

mikeximus likes this.
  11. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    A cyborg character who has one leg like a peg leg, like the X-Men villain Ahab.

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    sounds like those ice-cream cone toys where you push the trigger and the ball shoots out on a string.

13. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Obi Wan wouldn't approve.

14. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    its kinda a new thing with a history into the old......and it scratches that itch.....

i would like to see chewie rip the arms off a droid...maybe 3po.....is that so wrong ?

15. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    A New Republic :)

16. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Daisey Ridley nude Yeeeeeeeeeeeees !!

17. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    Bob Nude? 8-}

No seriously. I would love to see some female Sith/ Jedi's take center stage or at least share the spotlight for a change.

18. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    Sorry for the double post but I expired my 30 min time limit to edit.

Another thing I would like to see is the vast amount of different creatures/aliens/droids/ships/planets and creativity we see in them. I really hope JJ follows George's footsteps in this aspect. I'm a creative person so this is part of what makes star wars so special to me.

19. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    I simply want to see lots of new worlds. I want them to look real so I can feel like I truly am on an alien world. ANH and ESB both delivered on that and the prequel trilogy did occasionally too.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  20. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I want to see someone OD on death sticks. Make it like that scene in pulp fiction.

21. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Would be nice. No real tension if the enemy force is useless

I know. Han wouldn't either. Still a harpoon/gunblade thingy would be very nice. We just have to figure out how long the blade would remain solid without a power source maintaining it.

Although I agree with you, folks on this forum tend to look with disdain at people who want Daisey Ridley related fanservice. Cause Leia and Padmé was never EVER wearing anything revealing. No, sir.

Nope. Nothing wrong with that. But ripping appart 3pop would be dull. How about a droid that can actually fight back or take revenge on the dirty meatbag.

22. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    I'd like to see Leia slap Han.

23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    already seen it. it's called google.

24. Julian Skywalker-Solo

Julian Skywalker-Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 21, 2014
    I'd like to see a slow lightsaber fight in the rain & mud- alluding to Seven Samurai. Droplets sizzling on the blades. Could be pretty cool.

whostheBossk likes this.