What new world in Ep III?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by halibut, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    In ANH, we had a desert world
    In ESB, we had a snow world
    In ROTJ, we had a forest world
    In TPM, we had an underwater world
    In AOTC, we had a city world (I know we saw it in TPM but it was fully explored in the AOTC chase)

So what will there be in Ep III?

I predict a low-gravity planet
  2. thenink Jedi Knight

star 2
    They haven't really done a 'jungle' planet yet (not counting Dagobah). That might be interesting....

3. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    that would be a cross between Dagobah and Endor though. could be interesting
  4. Boba_Phat Jedi Master

star 4
    Well they did a "jungle" planet/moon with Yavin, but they never really explored it so that could be interesting.
  5. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
  6. SLAVE2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Lava planet, mixed with low gravity :cool:
  7. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    Like Crouching Tiger, but in Hell. :p
  8. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    low gravity lava planet - could be an interesting saber fight on that
  9. isensemuchfearinyou Jedi Padawan

I think Alderaan and Dantooine will appear in EP3
  10. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think that Alderann will be in the next film because Ben has to take baby Leia to Bail Organa,who lives on Alderann. I heard a rumor about a vocanic planet being the setting of the climatic duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan.
  11. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    A planet of fields. Just plains and rolling hills. I guess that'd be Alderaan.

And possibly a lava planet. But what would they be doing there? The Clone Wars end at the begging of Episode 3 according to Lucas.

Some of Lucas's people created a lava planet called Sarapin recently. But I think it's for a video game or comic or something else.
  12. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    I'd have thought Geonosis was the lava place - it certainly has that 'air' And it sounds like Genesis, meaning 'Beginning' as in the beginning of DV
  13. Vonn Jedi Master

star 4
    No, Geonosis was a rock planet.
  14. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Yeah, but we've only seen a part of it. Volcanos are made of rock, after all! For all we know, the rock formations are fossilised lava
  15. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We've had (fully explored or not)

Desert
    Man-made
    Jungle
    Snow/ice
    Swamp
    Sky/clouds
    Forest
    Plains
    Underwater
    City
    Water
    Rock

Mountains might be one. Canyons/cliffs/ect might be one. Underground maybe. Lava/fire world. That's all I can think of and the canyon world could easily fit with Geonosis too though.
  16. Luke_Clone Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope that Alderaan is cool while still seeming somewhat original. I don't know how they will pull Alderaan off as Naboo utilized many concepts which were at first intended for Alderaan, at least that is what I have heard.

I think we will see a planet, or part of a planet, which is actively volcanic, should be pretty cool. :)
  17. Thyrsan4Blood Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think Tattooine and Coruscant will be in it. Tattooine's been in every one except ESB, so I'm sure it's going to be in Ep3. I think Alderaan may make a brief appearance. A volcanic planet seems to be likely, possibly Sullust? See Nien Nunb as a kid?! But if I had to guess, I'm betting that the majority of Ep3 takes place on Coruscant.
  18. Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I would love to see what Alderaan looks like. It would probably look different from the way I imagined it.
  19. Soothsayer Force Ghost

star 4
    The only planet I think i want to see is Alderaan. I think it is important to show that one to make the destruction of it more dramatic since we will know what it looks like.
  20. mr_mustard Jedi Knight

I think Alderaan's destruction was dramatic anyway. I don't think we need to see it in Ep3.
    Tatooine...well it gets a bit boring come back to the same planet over and over again.

I hope Lucas cuts down on all the planet-hopping. Having 2 or 3 is enough, and besides what we really need is a major space battle.
  21. StarDude Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Uh, how about a tropical planet?
  22. DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Tattoine and Coruscant will be back for sure. A new planet will have to be one with volcanoes, because that is the only environment we have not seen. There are mountains and cliffs on Tattoine, Geonosis and Hoth, so those don't have to be revisited.
  23. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I'd like to see some sort of low gravity or high gravity planet. It would be interesting to see how the Jedi adapt, as opposed to other people. This seems like it would be a lot of work for ILM, but I'm sure they could pull it off.
  24. Luke_Clone Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that we will see Tatooine very briefly in Episode 3 when Obi-Wan delivers Luke to Beru and Owen... it just makes sense.

Alderaan should be shown, right now as it stands the Empire blows up a blue planet with white clouds. And, oh yeah, it happens to be called Alderaan. And this same planet supposedly has several million people on it.

I want to see these people. I want to know what they are like. I want to see the wildlife, see the architecture, see if it really is weaponless, see if everyone has a turtleneck. :)
  25. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm positive there'll be another snow planet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.