main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL What night works best for you for our holiday party

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Leia214, Nov 9, 2005.

?

What night works best for you for our holiday party

Poll closed Nov 16, 2005.
  1. Friday Dec 2nd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Saturday Dec 3rd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Friday Dec 9th

20.0%
  4. Friday Dec 16th

20.0%
  5. Sat Dec 10th after the Best Buy event

60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Okay - I am trying to plan a holiday extravaganza for our group to celebrate not only the holidays but the anniversary of our first 'unofficial' meeting which took place last December. It's been a great year and I would love to see everyone there - families included.

The tentative location is the Golden Corral in Mandarin since they have a large private area that we could use. Everyone would be responsible for their meal but there will be games and prizes.

It would also be GREAT if each person coming brought a SW toy for Toys for Tots that we could donate and spread the love of Star Wars to the next generation.

2. ObiWanAmanda

ObiWanAmanda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I voted for Dec. 9th, but it really doesn't matter to me at this point...church has not posted when all the parties are yet so anytime right now is o.k...also it may sound cheesy, but I have about 4 vader pencil pouches i can bring if you want me to...along with a toy or two...

3. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Hey guys. We voted for the 9th too so looks like one of us hit the wrong button, but I voted first this morning ;)

Anyway, just a note that really any day is OK for us becuase the Party for Chase's work is on the 17th and you don't have that day listed :)

4. yoda1248

yoda1248 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Any day is cool with me. I hope to start up going to all the events again since I have missed the last few. See you guys soon. Thanks joshua

5. DarkTrooper85

DarkTrooper85 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    When ever my sister is good to go thats when ill be there..

6. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Hmmm, looks like not a huge interest in having a party so . . . :(

7. ObiWanAmanda

Jun 10, 2005
    :_| maybe everyone has not been on the boards lately...could you post a specific date and see if everyone is cool with that? Also, if everyone does ok it do we need to let you know how many each of us are bringing (from our family)?

8. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    The boards do seem really empty lately - don't know if everyone is burned out from all the events this year or just busy. I was trying to post early enough so that everyone could arrange their schedules to be there.

9. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Yeah, you are right, the boards are kinda quiet lately. where is everybody.

10. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    We were wondering the same thing. I think everyone dropped out of the galaxy.

11. ObiWanAmanda

Jun 10, 2005
    Well if we can't get a date on the "Golden Corral" in time...maybe we could have it at someones house? I would offer mine, but after being at Dwight's, my house is...well um...extremely small....anyway just a thought....

12. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Amanda you read our mind. Must be something to do with the force.
    We talked about it after leaving the last event that we sure don't mind the people out our place, but Leia already had the Golden Corral idea so we didn't want to step on any toes. If a house is a better choice for people then we can post that.

Ours is a cute & clean little 3 bedroom house and I don't mind people being in it if they don't mind coming. It is actually easier for us that way because then we can just let the kids run loose and they will just do their own thing. Or if someone else wants to host we can do that too. Really isn't about where it is at for us.

Let us know your thoughts and we can get it all going here. If it is 5 or 6 people or 30 we don't care and the ones who wish to come are welcome to do just that.

As for Dair Nimiris house as a comparison. It's just a house. A nice house. Ours is nice too. Just smaller ;)
    Haven't seen him on here in quite a while so I don't think that is an option, but if he wants to offer the same that is cool. Lets just get us all together. That's the important thing right?

13. ObiWanAmanda

Jun 10, 2005
    it doesn't matter to me either...getting together is the important thing...also Leia said that it was the groups 1st anniversary so this should be a big deal....I know i haven't been here the whole year, but it is definately a good thing to do. Whatever the outcome, just let us know...

Hey Padme--I guess the force is strong in us--:D

P.S. I got my orange flight suit for my rebel pilot....WHOO, HOO...now I am working on getting the helmet...i am in a rebel starfighter command group and I am talking with them about where to get my helmet, chestbox, and flak vest...

14. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    I don't mind having a party at someone's house either. I just thought since we all live so far apart that it would be kind of in the middle for everyone.

If the boards stay quiet then we'll just plan a small get-together. I am with ya'll, I really don't care where it is, it's just been fun getting together with other Star Wars people!

I am going to email some people that haven't been on the boards lately to just check-in with them and see if everything is alright.

15. ObiWanAmanda

Jun 10, 2005
    your right leia it is good to pick a central location...again...i don't care just let me know...I think getting toys together for children is a good idea...do you have a certain organization you are going through? Or just some children you know personally?

16. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    I'm with you. By the looks of it is going to be a small party, and thanks for reminded me about our first anniversary, we will be one year in december. I think the golden corral will be a good idea, since you can eat all you want and you don't have to clean up after, but I'm also onboard of having it at someones house.

17. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    All of that sounds good here.
    Just let us know how the emails come out Leia and we will get this thing going. If I can get people to bowl,I can do anything.

18. ObiWanAmanda

Jun 10, 2005
    Wow...we must all be on here at the same time...that never happens :D

19. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Sorry I haven't been online lately. I'm in for the Christmas Party. I'll try to go with what works for everyone else

20. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    I guess we'll just play it by ear and see who is around on the boards after Thanksgiving. Then we can make some kind of plans.

I had thought on the toys to just do a Toys for Tots donation unless anyone has a church program or something that collects for needy children.

21. ObiWanAmanda

Jun 10, 2005
    Toys for tots is good. They are a reputable organization and we will know that our donations are used correctly. Also, I am the secretary of the Spanish Club at my college and we are doing a toy/personal needs drive for under privileged children in a Spanish country. I am not sure just yet what they want and allow...that could be an option too? My church usually adopts a few families during the holidays to buy food, clothes, toys, etc. I am not sure if they are doing that this year and if so what they want.

22. Solo51

Solo51 Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Sorry I have been out of the loop. Was in the hospital and just got back to work this week.
    Did I miss picking up my shirts? I would still like to purchase them. I'll check dates and hopefully I can make the meeting to Golden Corral.
    Please let me know what I missed at the last meeting.
    Thanks

23. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    the shirts are still available, good to hear from you again.

24. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Hey Solo51 - hope you are alright. I have been having some health issues myself lately so I know it is no fun.

We haven't really talked about the next meeting - I think with the Best Buy event coming up and trying to get maybe a holiday party going, the meeting will fall into one of those things.

Take care!

25. ImperialOrder

ImperialOrder Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Hey, I want to be in the party so anytime between the 10th and the 15th is good for me of Dec. And what is this I hear about shirts? Man, I HATE BEING IN ORLANDO!

>Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.