main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What nods to the PT do you want to see in TFA?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I believe Qui-Gon can only project his voice right? He never actually was able to completely manifest. Or have I forgotten something?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  2. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I know that. But why would it be necessary to bring him back after 5 movies without him?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Just because something isn't neccessary doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done.

4. IriomoteYamanexu

IriomoteYamanexu Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2015
    -Droidekas. Why stop using a weapon like that?
    -Alien species. Hoping the Vanity Fair spread is just showcasing the new species, but I want a lot from the prequels (and OT) to keep the universe continuous.
    -Some reference to Dooku, the leader of the Separatists as far as the galaxy knows. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I think he was a great pawn character.
    -Thematic references to Qui-Gon and the living force, not necessarily in direct mention of his name but in that Luke has adopted some of his teachings whether through Obi-Wan/Yoda or otherwise.
    -References to Anakin, the man and war hero, by someone who didn't know he was Vader.

...and personally, I still want some connection to Plagueis because it would nicely bookend Palpatine/Vader/Luke.

StoneRiver likes this.
  5. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    It would be funny if we see an old naboo fighter and Poe calls it a hunk of junk or something like that

6. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Droidekas? Personally I thought they were a crap design. And the name also. The only design I liked from the PT was the Clone dropship. Doubt we'll see that ship nodded to in the ST. I've heard people mention pod racers? But this isn't Tatooine, it's Jakku. No evidence pod racing has ever taken place there?

7. GuardianSoulBlade

GuardianSoulBlade Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2015
    I would love this, but maybe we could go back to Naboo, just because I love the location, also giving Luke and Leia closure with Padme would be really nice, but J.J. doesn't seem like he'd be the sort to even give the PT a tiny, little nod, I hope I'm wrong about that.

8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Droidekas would be cool. :)

I have a feeling you will be. Even via the teasers I can see they are fusing elements of both.

9. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Well, I'm not holding my breathe on a Padme mention, but there are some parallels between the PT and TFA trailer.

10. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Since ROTJ (circa 2004) made it possible for Force Ghosts to alter their appearance, I hope we get a revolving door of Anakins. Just to make things interesting.

11. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Nope, to be honest (and I think I've made this point before) I hope Coruscant makes an appearance visually and with regards to the narrative at a later point. I digged Coruscant :)

12. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I'd like to see another part of Coruscant. Perhaps that would allow the filmmakers to use some of the McQuarrie concepts for the capital planet (Han Abbadon, at that time, I believe).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I always thought McQuarrie's concepts for the city planet were much more interesting and less generic than what we got.

14. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Those concepts are awesome.

I think Coruscant is a must in the ST. Not in TFA, but later in VIII or IX. This is possible because Rian Johnson said that there is beautiful stuff in the PT, so a return to Coruscant seems likely. I really want to know how it looks like. Until now, we didn't even had a proper canon depiction of OT Coruscant, right? We only saw a celebration in the SE of ROTJ and a glimpse of the Imperial Palace (but only inside) in the DV comic which I have to read when it appears in my native language. Hopefully it will be featured heavier in Star Wars #8.

15. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    I agree that I don't think JJ will likely not do that in this film, but we still have 2 more to go, so It might happen in 8 or 9.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    How about Rey saying "Yippeeee!!"

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  17. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    Jar Jar frozen in carbonite

18. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
  19. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    People seemed to take that comment JJ made about Jar Jar's bones in the Jakku desert a joke, but Im genuinely sure they actually did put that in there as an easter egg. That along with stuff like the evolved, man sized Pit droid we saw in the comic con is enough PT nods for me.

20. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    More sand-hatred.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  21. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    It would make sense to see Coruscant in Episode 9 to show how the capital has changed in 50+ years and as a nice callback to previous episodes of the saga. I'd just like for there to be a compelling reason for one of the heroes or villains to go there, instead of just including it in a montage or for some shoe-horned in reason, and also I'd like to see some new part of the planet, not just the senate building or Jedi Council chambers again.

22. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    There will be no Coruscant in TFA, that's for sure. Hell, I'm sure we won't be seeing any planets from PT in the ST.

Well, they did show Mustafar in Rebels, but that's perhaps only because of its special connection to Vader. And Rebels is so closely tied to PT and TCW, they simply couldnt ignore everything about the PT (even though the style and atmosphere of everything is based on the OT).

TFA is giving the old fans what they want. A desert planet that looks like Tatooine, a snow planet that looks like Hoth, and a forest planet that could be Yavin 4 or Endor.
    The originality is strooooooong in them!

Andy Wylde likes this.
  23. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Out of all the "Alien Species" in the PT, I always felt like the Utuapaians (S?) had the biggest "OT Vibe" to them... Could see one of these fitting in as a Jedi or something...

[​IMG]

But very unlikely to happen.

24. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    We've already had one as an Inquisitor in Rebels, which is not that far off.

25. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

And Obi-Wans. Let's have Old Ben morph into padawan Obi-Wan morph into prime Obi-Wan. his appearance will depend on his mood, the direction of the wind, and which way he is dressing. ;)
    And while we're at it, let's have 3 different ghost Yodas - OT puppet, PT CGI and TPM original puppet [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.