main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What nods to the PT do you want to see in TFA?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    they'll reboot the ot before the pt

2. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I'd like to see some old junked equipment around. In a Rebels episode, we do see an old Republic base with wrecked, derelict equipment. It would be cool to see something like that. Maybe a mention of the old Jedi Temple, or something. I could see Kylo Ren and his buddies wanting to see what's in the guts of the Emperor's Palace/Jedi Temple. I have no doubt he would find some juicy Sith Artifacts there.

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Can you imagine JEDI MASTER LUKE walking in and dropping that line :eek: I might just die of excitement. :greensaber:

4. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Doubtful.

I don't think they'll reboot any of them in the next 50 years, but if they did, there's no reason to reboot the OT. It's now tied directly into their ST. The PT has far less ties to anything. The actors aren't the same, the planets aren't the same (except our good old sand ball), and it has the negative perception that means Disney won't get destroyed by fans for re-doing it.

5. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Palpatine is the same actor...

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    You know how Alec plays old Obi and Ewan plays the younger? Well they are getting a young Han for the spinoff film they are making. If Disney wanted or could they could go after more money (since everybody obviously likes the OT more) and reboot the OT right after the ST. Bring back the new Han and find a new a Luke and Leia. Its not impossible dude. You dont want a OT reboot and PT fans dont want thiers rebooted either.

7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    If need be, Gary Oldman's got that covered

The Hellhammer likes this.
  8. SoloBrothers

SoloBrothers Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2013
    I will personally destroy them

9. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    Let me start by saying that I wasn't a huge fan of TPM (with the exception of Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan/Maul) and AotC (with the exception of Yoda vs Dooku), but imo RotS is the 2nd best of the entire saga after ESB. Sometimes I actually like RotS more than ESB, it's too close to call sometimes lol. I'd like to see mention of the Prophecy and I'd like it to be addressed completely so we have a full understanding of it. I'd like to see Anakin (and yes, played by Hayden lol) make an appearence as a force spirit at least three times over the course of the ST, once to Kylo, once to Luke, and at the end of episode 9 to bookend the saga. I'm secretly hoping he intervenes in the final battle of episode 9 to help defeat the darkside. A reference to Qui-Gon and Padme would be cool too.

JediLight likes this.
  10. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001

Hopefully George was sensible enough to make them agree that none of the first six films would be remade, when he did "The Deal".

And as for Gary Oldman replacing the wonderful Ian McDiarmid... [face_shame_on_you]

11. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    There is no need for a reboot when you have an entire insanely diverse and vast universe to play with and tell any kind of story you want, at any point in the timeline.

12. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    It's quite possibly the only unrebootable movie series there is

thejeditraitor and G-FETT like this.
  13. Mick RcCallum

Mick RcCallum Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 14, 2015
    I would like a trailer for TFA within the same time period as the trailers for the PT.

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    "I'll never support a Republic after the chaos of the Clone Wars."

15. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    For some reason, I sure would like to see Kamino again. And also if the galactic citizens were aware of Palpatine's whole machinations from the Clone Wars to the formation of the Empire.

CrazyBladeUK and DBPirate like this.
  16. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Kamino, among other prequel worlds. Having Coruscant in the film would automatically give me happiness.

17. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Love Kamino. Such a cool planet and Topica City has an amazing design.

18. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Hopefully there will be no "nodding" and lots of "storytelling."

19. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Just 'cause there's no need, doesn't mean it won't happen.

And because this is a corporate franchise now, after they have spent 20 or 30 years milking the GFFA for all it's worth (as per your comment: utilizing the vastness of the GFFA), I'm confident they will reboot. But not just the OT. They will reboot the entire saga (including the ST) and retell the story, starting at the beginning. I reckon.

But sorry, that's not what this thread is about, that convo is here; http://boards.theforce.net/threads/do-you-think-a-reboot-is-inevitable.50013381/page-8
    Pertaining to this thread, some background characters from the PT and OT should be background characters in the ST.
    EDIT: And X-Wings and TIE Fighters.... oh wait

20. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Just a small thing, but a reference to actually ending slavery in the outer rim, and an acknowledgment that it should have been ended long ago, during the old republic. Perhaps even a mention that the slavery of Anakin and his mother was a contributing factor to his fall?

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  21. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    Dare I say it....I think the Special Editions and prequels saved Star Wars from being the target of a reboot (at least until this version of the 'verse lessens in popularity, then add 15-20 years to that). The OT is practically immortal now. Its not a self contained story, its an open ended one.

22. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    Um I think Ep VII saves Star Wars from being the target of a reboot, which is what for all intents and purposes it is.

23. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    The SW saga, 1-6, will never be rebooted. They're too iconic as it stands.

JoshieHewls and IG-13 like this.
  24. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004

I agree, but these decisions are increasingly being made by corporate folks and decreasingly by creative folks. So long as the franchise remains successful I don't think it's a concern. If movies start getting goofy and people get burnt out--and that's possible even with Star Wars, I don't care what anyone says--who can say what might happen later on.

Plus, today's Millennial generation seem far more receptive to reboots & remakes than you or I might be, and they buy more tickets. And they're tomorrow's entertainment executives. Not that today's Hollywood doesn't make some awful decisions, but I think the existing Star Wars films are still considered relatively sacred enough to leave alone by those who matter for now.

StoneRiver likes this.
  25. star wars geek

star wars geek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 20, 2014
    I imagine the huge box office of Jurassic World - which is more or less a reboot/rehash of Jurassic Park - has given Disney sharehoiders a collective sigh of relief. Jurassic World's larger than expected box office gross would seem to prove beyond a shadow of dinosaur doubt the general public don't mind the past repackaged. I would guess SW fans - be they hardcore or casual in description - wanting a major shift in story and direction are the distinct minority. All the Youtubers crying over seeing Han saying "we're home" don't care about more Empire vs resistance storylines. It's want they want to see. Reminds them of their youth. Perhaps they'll get bored of that by the time Disney announce ep 10 - The Force Returns - but we'll worry about that then! :D

I think the biggest nod to the OT will be a space weapon and some sort of countdown to stop it. I think the third act will mirror bits of ANH and ROTJ. It's classic material to emulate. The resistance has to stop The First Order firing the new weapon and no-one can find Luke! Da da daaaah!!!! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.