What Nordic people think about each other?

Discussion in 'Nordic Countries Discussion' started by Tod, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gray_Mouser Jedi Padawan

I´ve been to Danmark and Sweden many times (tho only southern Sweden). Sometime when I have the money I will visit Finland, not because of the landscape but because the people. The Finns that I have met in my short existence are the most fun, easy going people that I have met in my life(except for Texans who are just nuts).
  2. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I have been to Oslo several times, I've been to most Holmenkollen Skifestivals since I was just some years old, I've also been to Trondheim quite a few times, also because of skiing. I like Trondheim, but it's very expensive.

I've only been on åland, never to real Finland, nice place. Denmark is flat.
  3. emilsson Chosen One

star 6
    When I was six my family went camping in Norway. I don't remember exactly where we stayed, only that it was really nice.

I've been to Denmark. Once when I was three and we visited Legoland. Naturally I don't remember much. I also visitided Denmark in 1996 when the team I used to play for participated in a cup. We lived just outside Köpenhamn.

I've been to Finland, Helsingfors and Ã…bo. I've also been to Ã…land several times since my uncle lives there. His wife is from Finland so they live on Ã…land as well as in Ã…bo. I like Ã…land, it's nice in summers. It's been several years since I was in Ã…bo so I can't say what I thought of it.
  4. JediLynx Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've been to Vaasa more times than I can count as my family lives right across the bay, in Umeå. It's a nice city and the people there are very friendy. I've also been to Tampere and Åland.

I've been to Denmark twice with my family when I was younger. I don't remember much from our first visit, as I was very young, but I think it was southern Denmark with a lot of nice beaches. The second time we travelled a bit and went to Legoland, of course. Last spring I attended the Star Wars Convention in Köpenhamn, which was very nice, but I didn't get to see much of Denmark. Everone was really friendly, even though we sometimes had some communication problems... ;)

I've never been to Norway although I came very close this summer as I spent some time in Björkliden (7 km from Abisko for those of you who don't know. Abisko is 200 km north of the polar circle, if you didn't know that either.). At least I've seen Norway from a distance. It looked just like the Björkliden surroundings... very nice. :)
  5. menilma Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I have been in all the nordic countries except iceland. but the time I was in finland hardly counts, I was rather young and my family just visited mumindalen. that's all I can remember. I went to Norway last year, skiing in Trysil. we didn't see much of norway, we just skiied. ofcourse I've seen a lot of sweden :D
    I have also been to denmark several times, more than 50% of my relatives are danish so that is sort of natural. does anyone know the village Humlum? my grandfather lives ther, I just think it's such a cute name [face_love]
  6. Gray_Mouser Jedi Padawan

What do Nordic people think about each other?

Viewpoint Iceland.

Finns: Easy going.
    Norwegians: Evil.
    Swedes: Boring
    Danes: Imperialistic Swine. :)

This is a stereotypical view I know but who cares?
  7. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Ok, at least Swedes aren't the worst ones.
  8. Tod Jedi Master

star 4
    This is wonderful. It only took 255 replies before anybody actually answered my question. Thanks Gray_Mouser!!!
  9. Joey7F Jedi Master

star 4
    From the American perspective:

Norwegians - Hot chicks and cross country skiers

Swedes - Hot chicks and practical cars (but not for Florida, Volvo's need better air conditioning here!)

Danes - Mmmm....danish...

Finnish - Uh who?

Iceland - The way I always heard it, is that they are green and greenland is icy.

There you go ;)

--Joey
  10. Erk Force Ghost

star 4
    From my perspective as a Swede.

Finland: Boring, Part of Sweden. Criminals.

Norway: Silly language... but still they got Finse.

Iceland: Who lives there anyway... Björk perhaps..

Denmark: Imperialistic Swines. Evil.
  11. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Ok, here it comes.

Finland - saunabathing cheaters
    Norway - jealous people with a cute language
    Denmark - beer drinking people
    Iceland - ehmm, isolated?
  12. Karoline Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey! We're not evil! Well, perhaps a bit. We are definately jealous, though.

From the norvegian point of view:
    Finns: Drunk
    Swedes: Cold designer nation (some people think only of swedes as stupid, though)
    Danes: Liberated
    Icelenders: Few
  13. Erk Force Ghost

star 4
  14. Karoline Jedi Master

star 4
    Eachother, other countries, celebrities, you name it.
  15. Erk Force Ghost

star 4
    BTW, which is the most SW connected nordic country?

My list;

1. Norway; Finse
    2. Sweden; Pernilla, Hamill 1/4 swedish, At least one member of the Ep1 ILM cgi staff.
    3. Finland, Denmark, Iceland; ?????
  16. Karoline Jedi Master

star 4
    1 Norway- Finse
    2 Sweden- Pernilla August
    3 Sweden- Hey, is Mark 1/4 swedish?? He gets 3rd place, then.
  17. Mr_Farenheit Jedi Knight

Finland:

The Neckles (spelling) that Leia wears at end of Episode IV is Designed by a fin.
  18. menilma Jedi Master

star 4
    ooh great.. but we still have the mother of the chosen one! go pernilla!
    (and I'm also confused here, Erk are you saying that mark hamill is 1/4 swedish? how come I don't know this?!)
  19. Erk Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I heard Mark saying that in an interview concerning him taking part in "hamilton" some years ago. His grandmother came from Stockholm I think.
  20. menilma Jedi Master

star 4
    "Hamilton" yes... I didn't like that series, mark looked awful!
  21. Karoline Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw that a couple of months ago, he was too chained up and insane to look good.
  22. Joey7F Jedi Master

star 4
    1/4th swedish shouldn't count. People here are so mixed that you could be 1/4th Danish and it would never come out.

Though, if you use that standard...Norway or Denmark can claim Hayden, the chosen one.

--Joey
  23. menilma Jedi Master

star 4
    what, what are you talking about Joey? don't tell me hayden is more than 50% danish/norweigan!
  24. Joey7F Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe not more than 50% but at least part Danish or Norwegian.

But he is not Danish or Norwegian anymore than I am Irish and Spanish. You really should be FROM the country in order to count in this survey. So Pernilla counts, Mark Hamill should not ;)

--Joey
  25. Erk Force Ghost

star 4
    Man I'm a PT basher I'dm rather have 1/4 Luke Skywalker than 1/1 Shmi Skywalker.

Hmm BTW, having a Swedish Shmi makes Luke 1/4
    Then Anakin is 1/2 Swedish and 1/2 "The Force"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.