main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Nordic people think about each other?

Discussion in 'Nordic Countries Discussion' started by Tod, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    That really takes guts to help neighboring country in a war. As I said I'm grateful there we're people like your grandfather. I wonder if there are people like him anymore. How many of us would act like that nowadays in a similar situation?

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Why not make a new Kalmarunion! But this one would work, since we wouldn't let the Danish people run it all by themselves!

3. Lilu

Lilu Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    Why not? It worked just fine. :)

Don't worry. DK has had it with taking care of all the "younger siblings" of the Nordic Brotherhood. We love to be part of it but don't want all of the responsebilities. Being the governing country gives nothing but problems anyway (Ungrateful basters ;) )
    Would love to give full freedom to Greenland and the Farow Islands. But they have to realize that being an independent nation also means that they have to support themselves.

4. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I don't want no kalmarunion, I want what is rightly ours, Finland and Norway.

5. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    As much as I like Swedes Finland has been better off without them. Finland was about 600 years Sweden's eastern province and its only purpose was to stop Russians from getting to Stockholm. Swedes never cared what happened to Finns as long as russians couldn't get to Sweden. I've read that of all money Sweden used to fortify its borders only about 10% were used for russian border. Usually most fortification are made where strongest enemy is, but apparently not in Sweden's case.

6. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    But we really missed you after 1809!

7. JediLynx

JediLynx Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 2, 2000
    Yes, we miss you! Come back... :( :_|

8. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Don't be so sad. We're not so far away. If you miss us you could come to us this time.

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    hmm, I wouldn't stand all the sauna bathing! :D

10. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    but you can count me in! I looove saunas :D

11. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    How warm sauna do you like most? I like quite cool sauna, only about 80 degrees. I'm not one of those hardcore sauna fans who like their sauna over 100 degrees.

12. JediLynx

Sep 2, 2000
    80 degrees is absolutely wonderful! I work out pretty much every day and always reward myself with a nice sauna afterwards... :)

13. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    I know you all usually use the metric system but I am guessing that this is in the english system?

100 degrees centigrade is mighty mighty hot.

--Joey

14. JediLynx

Sep 2, 2000
    How dare you suggest that we would use the awful Brittish system!! SI units rule! :D

80 degrees is perfect. If you get too hot you could always go outdoors for a quick roll in the snow. Or, if there is an unfortunate lack of snow at the moment, a nice cool shower. :)

15. Quiet Queen

Quiet Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    Go, Erk, go!!! Let's invade Finland and Norway, and regain our former greatness!!!! [face_love]

Of course, we'd be squashed most haplessly, what with Norway calling on their buddies in the Nato, and Finland, who would kick our backsides by themselves... :(

Sigh... I have betrayed my noble blood. :_|

16. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    "Go, Erk, go!!! Let's invade Finland and Norway, and regain our former greatness!!!! "

way to go!

"Of course, we'd be squashed most haplessly, what with Norway calling on their buddies in the Nato, and Finland, who would kick our backsides by themselves..."
    Bulls@£$.

Sigh... I have betrayed my noble blood.

Shame on you!

17. Wanlorn

Wanlorn Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2001
    Hmm.. answering to that post about invading Finland and Norway;

When was the last time Sweden was in war? I mean, war that lasted long enough to supplies to run nearly out?
    The only reason why Swedens borders are know where they are, are because we helped you to keep Russians out of your side of the river.. without *our* help Sweden border in North would be Finlands border also, not Norge's :)

BUT, because we are so great, you still have part of Lapland. Worship us :)

Also, Norway, even without it's allies, could keep Sweden at bay at least untill we come an but Sweden to its knees :)
    BTW: It is hard to tell when some one talks about 'ones' country, without naming it. All of us have not written regulary since '79 and know where everybody lives. And, before I forget, I live in Finland :D

18. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Sweden's last competant military leader was Gustav Adolf II. After him Sweden has screwed up warfare so it's better they'll stay as peaceful nation. We like you better the way you are.

19. Quiet Queen

Jul 9, 1999
    So, Erk, we invade Finland and Norway? You, me, and what army? ;)

As long as we continue to vote a political parity into power that consistently decreases the defence budget, all we can do is talk big.
    Sucky, but true.

I curse the bad choice of having been born in this country at this time, but it is not something that is easily changed after the fact. But my proud blood rebels against it!

Wanlorn: if you wonder about someone?s nationality, check their profiles!
    And when was Sweden at war? In 1814, as part of the coalition which deposed Napoleon. Ask, and ye shall be answered! :p

Sweden has not retained part of Lapland due to the goodness of Finland?s heart, though. Politics of war does not work that way. You take all you can and want? If Finland had desired Swedish Lapland in 1809, it is likely that you would have gotten it, what with the Russian Empire at your back. Sweden was very weakened at that point?
    Since Lapland is still ours, Russo-Finland did not want it. That is politics of war at work!

It is doubtful if Norway, unaided, could keep even the current remnants of the Swedish forces at bay? Even long enough for Finland to come into the frey.

Tod: The last competent military leader Sweden had was definitely Charles XIV Gustavus? You also omit Gustavus III, and Charles XII, a brilliant military man.

So you like us better the way we are now, huh? No-one likes the weak? However, the weak can often be useful to the strong.

20. Wanlorn

Wanlorn Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2001
    Blah! Remember, we had defended Swedish soil trough the Finland War, and without our hardboiled soldiers, you would have no Lapland. Also, what you say about if we would have wanted it, but we didn't. That's because we are so great :D
    Well, maybe that isin't the reason but still.. one can always dream, can we?

About Norge: Hmm.. I would quess that the country would have at least some kind military forces, and with hit-and-run tactics it could make some serious problems to swedish soldiers.

BUT, it looks like none of the Nordic countries are going to war (Estonia, the sixth Nordic country included :D), this is fairly useless line of discustion... but amusing :)

21. Maladour-Fei

Maladour-Fei Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    I told you guys how we should do this invation in another thread. It's concidered an invation if 5 men in uniform cross the border of a foreign nation without permission... thus we go to ÖB, get ourselfs uniforms, get a car and driv up to treriksröset and cross the border to Finland and then call their goverment (there might be a problem here with the cellphones in norrland) and surrender. Sweden now belongs to Finland. We are now finnish soldiers and cross the border to norway and surrender there too... Sweden and finland now belongs to norway. We are a united noric country and we're no longer part of the EC since norway is the official nordic country... Boy, would we would rule the olympics...

22. JediLynx

Sep 2, 2000
    What are we waiting for? Let's go! :D

23. Maladour-Fei

Oct 17, 2000
    I think I can get two uniforms together after a deep inspection of the closets... All we need now is three more and some meatbags to fill the uniforms with.

24. Quiet Queen

Jul 9, 1999
    Ummmm....... Great plan, MF, but we wanted to invade them, right? :p

25. Maladour-Fei

Oct 17, 2000
    Yes... and that we will do... but we will fail... it's all part of the plan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.