main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA What novel are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ivo, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ivo

Ivo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2002
    As there is a what TV ,DVD etc. I thought it would be good to to start a thread about what your reading at the moment. I've just finished
    The Dark Elf Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore. I'm not really a fan of fantasy but I enjoyed this one.
    I just got the books I ordered from ebay which includes labyrinth of evil amongst others.
    The book that I've just started is
    Settling of Accounts by Harry Turtledove its pretty good so far.

I apologise if my writing style is abit out ther its 2:50am and I've finally finished my last nightshift and have 2.5 days to relax.

2. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm currently reading the second legends of Dune book by Brian Herbert and Kevin J Anderson.

I thought the first book in this trilogy was great, but the first half of this books seems to drag a little. I've just passed around the halfway mark and the pace is starting to pick up again though.

Has anyone read a book called Altered Carbon ? A friend recommended it to me last week, can't say I've seen it anywhere though.

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

As a Catholic, most of it is highly amusing.

4. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    If you can ignore some of the mistakes (it is fiction after all) it's a good book.

5. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Alan Dean Foster - Sentenced to Prism...

6. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Tom Clancy - Sum of All Fears. I've become quite a Clancy fan recently. I think it started off after playing Splinter Cell and the Rainbow Six Rogue Spear game. Then I actually read the book of Rainbow Six and loved it. I'm a sucker for a book that gets bogged down in detail. :)

7. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Have you read the Mars trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson Soneil ?

Sounds like it could be right up your alley, more detail in his books than you can poke a stick at.

One review claimed that if you were planning on colonizing Mars it would be required reading.

8. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I'm currently re-reading the second book (Dragonfly in Amber) from the Outlander series. Mmm a book about Scots. I love a man in a kilt. =P~

9. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Cloudstreet - Tim Winton

10. Selonian

Selonian Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2005
    ive just finished the unifying force and am currently reading shatterpoint.

i really want to get my hands on Labrynith of Evil
    =)

11. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Me and you are in the same boat soneil ;)

Rainbow Six got me into reading other Clancy stuff...Read them all now :)
    Nothing like reading pages of description as to how a stick of semtex blew someone's head off etc.

But at the momment I'm only reading (minus the fact I read the bible once a year) a book I got for my film course on video production.

12. Ivo

Oct 10, 2002
    I was reading Settling of Accounts by Harry Turtledove, but I've finished it. So right now I'm reading Homeward Bound by Harry Turtledove, I'm currently in a alternate history kind of a mood.

13. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I've got a lot of books I plan on reading. I work at a high school and I share an office with the english teachers. They have a bloody good book collection in the office. It's like a mini library with an unusually high proportion of quality books. I've already taken some classics home to read that I'd often heard about but never actually read (including I Robot). I may also reread some of the ones that I read as a high school student.

14. Ivo

Oct 10, 2002
    I've read catcher in the rye and I didnt like it at all. I dont know how that is a literary classic. I've also read the Illiad that pretty good. I have a copy of labyrinth of evil sitting on the desk in my room I'm tossing up on wether I i should read it right now or wait until Ep 3 is almost due out and I have a few other clone war novels I'm thinking about reading before I get to it.

15. Selonian

Selonian Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2005
    so has labrynith of evil been released in perth coz im having a bit of a hard time locating it!!!

16. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    I am reading Childrens of the Jedi.

17. Ivo

Oct 10, 2002
    Just finished reading LOE it is awesome, hopefully the movie is as good as the book.

18. JayaMioneDurron

JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    just finishes Angels and Demons statrting De Vinci code

both by Dan brown

19. JJArgonaut

JJArgonaut Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    I have to say that I have just finished reading 'The Da Vinci Code' and 'Angels & Demons.' I read them not because I am Catholic or because I secretly think that the Illuminati will take over the world but because they are the molt popluar books right now. And rightly so, they were really good.

I would also like to tell everyone how lucky you are to be able to buy these books in paperback. 'The Da Vinci Code' does not exist for sale in the US in anything other than hardcover.

Back to catching up on Star Wars reading.

20. Jayd

Jayd Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Haha so they don't want it widespread, I guess? :p Americans...

I wasn't going to read Da Vinci code, but I keep hearing how interesting it is. It sounded a bit boring to me, to be honest. :p

Right now I'm reading Destination Gold by Richard Marcinko. I have no idea if all the details he writes about are fact or fiction but they're bloody entertaining so I love his books. :) Ludlum is another of my favourites, he's surprisingly good.

21. JJArgonaut

JJArgonaut Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    I would reccoment that you read Angles & Demons if you only read one. And if you are going to read them both, read that one first cuse Brown talks about thing that happened from Angles & Demons in Da Vinci Code.

22. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I thought Angels and Demons was the better of the 2, maybe cause I read it first.

The only one of his I have yet to read is Deception Point.

23. __Azrael__

__Azrael__ Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    Right now, 'City of Bones' by Michael Conelly. For the fourth or fifth time. But before that, I was reading To Kill A Mockingbird.

24. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Right now I'm reading the ESB novel. I've decided to read through all of the novels in order before I watch ROTS (I won't read that until after though). I'll also watch all 5 of the movies in the week before seeing ROTS.

25. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Anyone bought the ROTS novel yet ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.