main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL what now?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by SithFan1977, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithFan1977

SithFan1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    i feel kinda empty now that the movies are over. i know they will have tv shows and more products, but how will this affect meetup groups like us? also, when will get a chance to wear my x-wing costume im working on, lol

2. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Don't. Someone posted something quite similar in the Star Wars Comunity Boards (you all get around to the other bards right?) and here was yours trulys response.

Boy your crazy. Star Wars just fade away into history? nah. Come on Another set of episodes is for sure. come on this guy is making millions off these moives its for sure and its in hightdemand. and then there are different forms of media for it to vent into. It is estimated there is enough star wars related media to the point where it could go on for another 200 yrs.

3. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    While I am not going to argue because I dont necessarily disagree with you, it is entirely possible that Lucas will make 7, 8, and 9 but I dont think that he will

at least not right now.

I dont think He will even think about it for another 10 years and by then he would really be too old.

4. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    You can wear your costume at DragonCon in Atlanta...every labor day weekend and this has been going on for oh!! 13 years I think!! There will always be Satr Wars and the fans are the ones that keep it alive and going. We will be meeting as fans and friends...as long as people show up to the meets!!!We do other events and join with the other fan groups to march in parades, have charity events, etc.

5. vampyregodz

vampyregodz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    Don't forget Star Wars weekends will still happen, also there is MegaCon, F/X, tons of Sci-Fi cons, there will always be a place for us costumed folk!

6. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    Don't forget all the Celebrations to come. C4 should be in two yrs and hopefully it will be in Indy again.

And don't count out future films. Lucas or his children/estate may give his/their blessing to someone to start making movies again. The $$$$ is too darn good to stop. Ep. 3 cost $113m to make and look how much $$$ it's already brought in. Not counting the merchandising.

7. davallyn

davallyn Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    Well, I know that Star Wars will never die but I will miss all the events and such. I have been having so much fun that it is really hard to return to the real world!!

There is always a sci-fi convention somewhere . . .

8. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Sci-fi and Star Wars goes on and on. There will be theme parties and Parades and conventions. As long as there are fans, there will be events to attend.

9. Adrian1023

Adrian1023 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    there will always be my favorite part of being a hardcore scifi/anime fan, the conventions! and for some reason i always see people swarming people in star wars costumes for pictures so i dont think its going anywhere :)

10. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    For the love of the thread it goes on....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.