main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What obione said to luke

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by joehahn000, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    When obi-one is talking to luke on hoth when luke almost frezzes to death obi-one says something along the lines of "go to dagboah and meet yoda the jedi master who instrusted me".

Is it me or wear they wrong when he said The jedi master who instructed ME? I always thought it was qui-gon ginn who instructed obi one.

/,,/
    Rock on!

DamonD edit : This one has been covered already, follow the link below for more.

2. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    In AOTC you see Yoda teaching a group of younglings, I think its safe to assume Obi-Wan was part of a similar group instructed by Yoda when he was younger. Also at the start of TPM, Obi-Wan says "Master Yoda told me to be mindfull of the future", which suggests Yoda still keeps an eye on Obi-Wan and helps him even at that point. Being spoiler free I don't know if it will happen, but theres always the possibility Yoda teaches Obi-Wan about retaining your identity when you die during Episode 3. So theres plenty of times Yoda has instructed Obi-Wan to make that ESB line valid.

3. itchytasty79

itchytasty79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Also consider this fact:

Obi-Wan is dead, so he can no longer instruct Luke. Yoda is the only jedi left to do training of ANY sort. Since (as was mentioned above) Yoda did at least SOME training of Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan's statement on Hoth is true, from a certain point of view. I think that Obi-Wan added the line about Yoda being his instructor in order to lend credence to why Luke should find Yoda. Luke respects Ben's power, therefore, the person who trained Ben must be at least equally powerful. Therefore Luke will respect Yoda's power and his ability to train Luke. Remember that Obi-Wan's main goal is to get a new jedi trained so that the Emperor and Darth Vader will be thrown down and peace and justice will be restored in the galaxy. If he has to strech the facts a bit to get it done, he will. We've seen it before.

4. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    How many Yoda/Qui-Gon teching Obi-wan threads does this make now?

5. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Classic Trilogy Forum Rules, Thread Index, and FAQs

"Ben tells Luke in The Empire Strikes Back, "You will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed me." And here I thought he was taught by Qui-Gon Jinn, according to Episode I. So, is Empire wrong,or is Episode I wrong?

Neither is wrong these facts are not mutually exclusive. Obi-Wan was trained by both Yoda and Qui-Gon Jinn. As seen in Attack of the Clones, Yoda trains all the Jedi during their very young years, as part of "clans" like the Bear Clan seen in Episode II. When they're old enough, the Jedi children are paired up with a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master to begin their one-on-one training as a Padawan learner."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.