main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What of the reports of RotS cards massing inside Wal Mart?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by RedneckJedi, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    A number of players have reported on-line that Wal Mart locations in some major cities have the Revenge of the Sith Starter sets and boosters on retail shelves. However, like the rest of Wal Mart's Episode III product (non-Sneak Preview), it rings up as NO SALE, and presumably the product will be returned to the back to await the April 2nd release date.

While that seems like a bummer, the GOOD news is that Wal Mart intends to carry the RotS set! Woohoo!

2. Zenek

Zenek Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2003
    This is better news for myself...I've got connections inside a Wal-mart...If I can infiltrate that horrible fortress...who knows? I may even share the info with you fellows! (The other 2 people here, that is!) :D

-Zenek

3. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I live in a mentally challenged town, so you would think this would happen for me..... but alas, no. I am not that lucky.

4. katha

katha Jedi Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    I heard that someone saw a Puzzle of Padme on a shelf (not sure if it was at Walmart though) and when they went to buy it the store wouldn't sell it to them.

I hope this isn't something that's happening everywhere with all sorts of items. Though with the various release dates for various produst I wouldn't be surprised.

For example the Junior Novelization of RotS is apparently available on Amazon.. while the full "adult" version is listed as Not Yet Published, I was also able to buy the full Graphic novel from my local Books-a-million, when only the 1st of 4 comic book version are available.

At least we don't have to wait much longer for any of these products.

BTW, if the RotS cards are supposed to be going retail on April 2nd why is there no page on Wizards? I don't recall them waiting till the set is available to have a page for it... (possibly the nature of the packaging?)

5. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    BTW, if the RotS cards are supposed to be going retail on April 2nd why is there no page on Wizards? I don't recall them waiting till the set is available to have a page for it... (possibly the nature of the packaging?)

That's probably a good explanation for it. EVERYTHING's just incredibly tight on the scheduling for this.

6. katha

katha Jedi Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    Sweet now the page is up.. with a sortable card list too. I was almost expecting it (the link to the page) to be an April Fool's joke...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.