main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Old Sci-Fi franchise would you like to ressurect?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediOverlord, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    For awhile now,I've developed ideas for a new Lost In Space TV series. The show wouldn't be campy as the original,but I'd try to interject the fun that show had,but in the darker,Farscape-esque vibe I envision. I imagine Dr. Smith as a amoral cyborg,and the robot pretty much keeping the traditional design,but updated somewhat.

What other sci-fi franchises would you like to ressurect,and how?

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Star Trek. Springboard off Michael Jan Friedman's Starfleet: Year One and make the founding of the Federation the exact opposite of what Enterprise failed to do. Or start with the events of the Romulan/Earth war and then pick up the story AFTER the events of Friedman's novel.

3. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Well I'm taking it a step further than just wishful thinking. I'm writing a teleplay that revises a certain Walt Disney film. That film is The Black Hole. I've studied what Ronald Moore has done with Battlestar Galactica and I believe a revised Black Hole is viable. If nothing else it is a fun little skill building project by a fan. I'd rather not take a theatrical film approach. I think the TV-movie is the best format for my BH prequel/remake. Yeah I want to flesh out the back story that led up to the events in the orginal film. You know the old saying. Don't tell it. Show it. Sorry I've said too much already. No details until I've submitted my work. If it is rejected then I'll post bits of the finished teleplay. If it sells then you'll have to wait till production finishes.

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Any new Star Trek project for TV. I miss watching Star Trek.

5. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    About Star Trek...

Sorry I really think ST has truly run itself rock bottom. Better things have come along. Such as Babylon 5, Farscape, and now the revised Battlestar Galactica. If anything ST producers should wait about ten years. Then start from scratch like Moore did with the revised BG. Reinvent the 23rd century, Kirk and company, and the Big E. The revised ST should not be connected with STTOS,STTNG,STDS9,STVGR, or STENT. A fresh new start at square one with a recast Kirk, Spock, McCoy, and etc.

6. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I'd be interested in seeing Flash Gordon revived. It'd be good to see a version that was actually watchable, based on the designs in the old comics.

7. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Flash Gordon...

Well last I heard Sommers (produced the two Mummy movies) is at work on a brand new version of FG. I think this is a less campy take on the FG mythos. More like the tone of well the two Mummy films.

8. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i'd like to see some new Alien and Predator movies. i would have the new movies be based off of the different Alien and Predator books that came out in the 90's. i thought they were very good

9. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Alien and Aliens are two of my most favorite films. I know I'm not alone. The books done by Bantam based on the Dark Horse comic books were mostly quite well done. They even offer the reader a continuity fix. You might want to rush to the bookstore Alien fans. Michael Jan Friedman has released a novel titled Aliens: Original Sin. It picks up right after Alien Resurrection. So essentially it is for now Alien 5.

10. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I'd like to see Buck Rogers brought back. If done serious, it could be a great franchise. With today's TV CG effects easy to do, it would be profitble for someone.

11. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    The original Godzilla,Forbidden Planet,and Flash Gordon.I just like them,that's all.=D=

12. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    They did bring back Buck Rogers. They called it "Farscape".

[face_plain]

13. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Firefly, no doubt...even thought its not "old"

Put probably Lost in space, and a Re-make of The Day the Earth Stood Still.

dkt

14. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    The TV show Fantasy Island.

15. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    A new Seaquest series. But it has to include Darwin!

16. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Alien Nation.

please don't throw things at me!

17. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    That was not Buck Rogers. When he found himself in the future, Buck never wanted to try and find a way back. He was pretty content in living in the new universe he found.

18. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    There were actually plans to reserect the original Lost in Space, but it didn't go through for some reason. Zoic was to do the special effects.

19. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    The movie killed any ideas.

20. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm all for Flash Gordon, or any of the old movie serials for that matter. Someone could go dig up any one of these, do their best not to update it too much, and it would be fantastic. How cool would it be to see the old Flash Gordon ships and aliens with no asthetic changes, only updated effects?

21. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Blade Runner the TV series, loads of scope for way out story lines and that music still sends a shiver down my spine.

22. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Sliders is another show I'd love to see brought back.

23. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I'd like to see a new series of Red Dwarf, but brought back to its original ethos... no Kochanski, model ships not CGI, Rob & Doug back together and just the four of them alone with Holly.

Also a DS9 special would be teh cool.

24. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I agree, the movie was horrible, but as a series, I think that they could have done a much better job.

25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I think a Bladerunner tv show could really work, the question would be wether or not to use Deckard as the main character, perhaps going back before the events of the film, or perhaps going after the film with a new character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.