main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Old Sci-Fi franchise would you like to ressurect?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediOverlord, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey if there was ever a Buck remake done, I would like to see him struggling a bit more about the whole "I'm in 500 years in the future and I can't go home/everybody I cared about is dead" thing. He seemed to accept things too quickly after the first hour or so of the pilot.

2. Ace_Venom

Ace_Venom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    I personally think there is room for ST to expand. There was a load of potential that was blown during the 1990's. I don't think very many people really got into ST after TNG. I know I had trouble getting into DS9 and I was not a big fan of VOY. I actually liked the concept of ENT and I thought Broken Bow was a good episode. Problem is, it all went downhill from there. At least it did in my eyes. I think ST was salvagable after VOY and I still think it is in some ways. Get a better pool of writers, a cast with more chemistry and dump them in the place where no man has gone before and you might have another ST series.

But as far as what I'd like to see revived, I'd like to revive Robocop, Tales from the Dark Side and The Thing. I think those could go for some modern treatment.

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Voyager sunk Trek, not DS9. Enterprise never had a chance.

4. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    It might be interesting to do an updated version of the Prisoner. Though it would have to have excellent writers before I'd sign on. I loved that old show.

5. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    The Prisoner would be an awesome one to bring back. Personally, I'd like to see...I dunno, actually.

6. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    I knida miss voyage to the bottom on the sea..... it would really need some good writers to work though....

and... an old very wierd animatied series ... MAX..

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i wouldn't mind seeing Robocop being done again

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I wouldn't mind seeing a live - action He - Man movie that's not as cheesy.

9. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    A new spin off of Babylon5 would be nice. There's no need to ask for a new Star Trek as I'm sure there are ideas being batted around as we speak due to the new movie.

Actually, though, I'd like a *new* sci-fi show that's top quality.

10. Lord_Of_Sith

Lord_Of_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2005
    Hey I actually Tried to bring Flash Gordon back! Around 10 yrs ago I wrote a proposal for a new series of FG novels. Like the 2nd generation SW books, it was to have an arc but would be written by the best SF & Fantasy authors, with an editorial team to oversee the project. I then learned that I was only one of Many folks, including Jim Keefe who drew the daily strip for over ten years, who were rebuffed by King Features from doing Anything worthwhile with this classic character (hell they turned George Lucas down over 20 yrs ago!). For some reason, KF (who own the property), won't loosen their grip on the property. All they do at the moment is rerun old Jim Keefe strips. It is truly sad.

11. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I'd bring back Dark Angel for one season, wrap up all the plotlines and let it go. In fact, I'd do that with every show(that I like) that has been abruptly canceled.

12. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    I'd like to see more Crusade than the 13 episodes that were shot. Financed by a network that would let JMS take the story where he wanted.

13. Lady_Solaris

Lady_Solaris Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    I would like to see a remake of the 1970's Sci-Fi series Space 1999. With a more futuristic timeline, of course.;) Space 2099? Space 3099?

14. gonzoforce

gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 27, 2002
    Quantum Leap.

15. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Dune.

The Sci-Fi minis were spectacular. The cast, even the actors who wouldn't have a role in a prequel or sequel, said that they want to do another. The direct wants to continue. The screenwriter wants to continue. The crew wants to come back. The effects studio wants to work on another. The composer wants to do another. The cinematographer wants to do another. The editor wants to do another. The producers want to do another. The sets are already built. The financial backing is already in place. A sequel would be a guaranteed hit. Even the marketing team wants to have another go at it. I can't think of any other time in history where there has been so much enthusiasm from every aspect of a project, from the fans to the actors to the director, there really isn't any reason NOT to.

Still, Sci-Fi said no.

They want to "get back to their roots" with saturday-night horror crapfests and campy beyond all campiness monster movies. The whole idea of making quality films that are appreciated and will be remembered and become classics was just too much for them.

:mad:

16. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Prisoner fans will be pleased (or perhaps not) that Sky have just announced they'll be remaking the series with Christopher Eccleston in the lead role.

Link here

17. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Actually an Aliens TV series. Something on HBO or Showtime. But basically following the exploits of the marines and the business leaders in search of aliens and how to get rid of them. With intrigue and spying and other stuff with the Predators thrown in for good measure every now and then.

18. KennethMorgan

KennethMorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    I'll go along with that, provided they stick to the style of the more thoughtful Season One rather than the more action-oriented Season Two.

Another Anderson production I'd like to see revived is "UFO". The show was very much ahead of its time, with the whole idea of a secret war of nerves against aliens and how that secrecy affects those involved. All they'd really have to do is update the time & technology. And maybe lose the purple wigs on Moonbase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.