main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What or Who would you like to see in the Clone Wars Series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Lord_Dubious, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Actually, that's not true. David Greenwalt had a big hand in Buffy's early years, which is why he is the co-creator of Angel. And Marti was the co-show-runner with Joss on Buffy from like season 4 on. Plus, Joss has confirmed he didn't even touch Buffy for season 6. It was all Marti. Beside, he was their boss who gave them jobs, you really think they are going to dis him in the commentary - which I have listened to.

BTW, I'm a huge Buffy fan... I just think Joss peaked a long time ago in terms of talent.

2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I'm sorry, you're clueless if you believe that the "feminism thing" was all Marti Noxon. The original idea of Buffy character is the strongest feminist idea in the series. If you're missing that Joss=feminism, we're watching two different shows. You're in another dimension (the one with no shrimp, maybe).

And of course Joss didn't work much on Season 6. Look at it! It's the Phantom Menace of Buffy seasons! Good job, Marti! Joss was running three shows at once, and that we the best example of Angel and Buffy suffering for his dedication to setting up Firefly.

If you want to continue trying to convince me that one of the most beloved TV creators of all time is basically faking it based on the fact that he had co-show runners, writers and producers, do so in PMs.

This is completely irrelevant to the fact that he is one of the most respected writers of television sci-fi fantasy, a Star Wars fan, and would have an interesting take on the GFFA. If nothing else, I'd love to see his take on Ahsoka.

Wow, Ron Moore. Good, we can have some pointless bleakness and force Anakin to destroy a ship full of clones because there might be a Separatist spy on board! Afterwards, he can drink himself into a slobbering stupor and buy a prostitute! And Ahsoka can pursue her torture fetish while Rex can threaten to rape someone! (I kid Ron Moore and his excessive bleakness)

3. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Okay, A) go watch the original Buffy movie and tell me Joss is making a grand statement about women's rights. Or even go watch Alien 4, staring two women, one of which he turns into a robot and the other he has willingly have sex with an alien and then kill the child. WTH? It isn't until Marti Noxon joins Buffy that it begins to show signs of being "feminist." In fact, that's why she was brought on by Fox execs if you know your Buffy lore. She is responsible for Willow turning into something strong other than the dopey sidekick.

In fact, the entire concept of Buffy had nothing to do with making a statement about women's rights. It was about being high concept... what if the dumb blonde girl actually killed the monster? He lucked into it. And he's stated as much. In the movie, the girl stays dumb. In the TV show, she gets smart when Marti comes on board.

Joss actually was only running Firefly. Marti had Buffy and ... I think it was David Greenwalt who had Angel.

I didn't argue that he wasn't respect, only that he is now over-rated. And I can tell you what his take on Ahsoka would be... see Kitty Pride... see Buffy Summers... same characters. That would be his take on Ahsoka I'm willing to bet.

As for the Ron Moore episode where Anakin takes out a civilian ship because there is a Separatist on board... I could actually see that. In fact, I think that would be :cool: .

PS - is the shrimp thing a Simpsons ref?

4. Darth_Comrade

Darth_Comrade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2009
    The series has so far delivered up to my expectations and possibly more- but there are still things I'd love to see.

I'd love to see organics serving the Separatists on the frontlines. I mean, if they're so devoted to the CIS they'd have to put their lives on the forefront right?

I know the Quarren did as seen on the Clone Wars mini-series and the Neimodians did as seen on ROTS.

Of course, I share the same views as many out there who would love to see Republic Commandos, more 'Moffs-to-be', more major battles rather than little skirmishes and I'd love to see new Jedi with their own stories to tell- seeing the same old faces does kind of get old.

5. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    I've always said I'd like to see some more organic Sep faces. I think the scientists developing weapons is a good idea -- obviously something Palpy would be interesting in but could never get the Republic and the Jedi behind.

I do, however, understand the idea of why put your life on the line when you have the droids to do it for you? That's the point of the droid army and part of Dooku's pitch to these systems joining up with the CIS. The droids perhaps offer more protection than the Republic forces, which are apparently stretched thin.

This argument would be moot if the droids were less silly, but still effective. But then again if they are too effective then Palpy would probably keep the droids instead of the stormtroopers.

I actually think a cool story about the Seps defending one of their planets from marauders who take advantage of the droids silliness would be a cool episode.

6. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Imagine Quinlan Vos and Tholme teaming up with each other or Aayla. And I find it funny to imagine them being voiced by David Hayter (Solid Snake) and Paul Eiding (Colonel Campbell) respectively.

I'd like to also see Vilmarh Grahrk, Quinlan Vos's ally/enemy, and something of a Han Solo without the morals. I loved his dialogue from the Republic Clone Wars comic series, he was hilarious, and it'd add moral ambiguity which I know some of you REALLY love. XD

And get this. What if was voiced by Richard Horvitz? a.k.a. Invader Zim, Billy/Billy's dad (Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy), Rodney the Squirrel Boy, and Alpha 5 (power rangers)?

Quinlan Vos: (in Solid Snake's voice) Vilmarh Grahrk is the luckiest Devaronian who ever lived.
    Vilmahr: (in Zim's voice) You FORGET! Also HANDSOMEST! (in deeper Billy's dad voice) But right now, Jedi, Villie forgives you anything!
    Tholme: (in Colonel's voice) Quinlan, Sora Bulq is the former lightsaber instructor of the order! He knows what you're gonna do before you do it! To beat him, switch your controller to the other port!

7. Darth_Comrade

Darth_Comrade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2009
    Who doesn't want to see Vos and Tholme? ;)

Yeah, I sort of thought the same thing when considering the loss of life and such- and a lot of the Seps are fearful for their own skins. :p

But, what if said species shared the same views as the Mandalorians do? As in, what if they refused to take up a droid army and instead preferred to take the honorable path, to meet the Republic Armies head on regardless of the odds...much like our friend Chariman Cho did with the Talz. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.