What order should the movies be watched in?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Kelemvor4, Dec 28, 2016.

?

What order should the movies be watched in

4,5,6,1,2,3,7 3 vote(s) 33.3%
1,2,3,4,5,6,7 3 vote(s) 33.3%
Other 3 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. Kelemvor4 Jedi Youngling

Hello,

I'm a long time (occasional) reader of TFN. This is my first post on the forum. I recently got married, and discovered that my wife has never seen Star Wars! She hasn't seen any of the films. Obviously she's heard of them, after all she is alive and lives on planet earth.

I've no idea how an average American woman managed to not see any of the films in her 36 years of life.

So, the new movie hit theaters and I said something like "Honey, do you want to go see the new SW movie this weekend?" She replied, "If you want, we can go. I haven't seen the others so it might not make sense to me."

I was surprised, then a little disappointed - as I probably won't end up seeing Rogue One until it's out on video. However, we discussed it and she wants to watch the movies with me. Yay!

So, I've got the joy of introducing my wife to Star Wars! The question I need to decide is what order should she watch them? Most people probably saw 4,5,6,1,2,3,7... However I'm wondering if it might be better for her to watch them in order (1,2,3,4,5,6,7).

What do you guys think, watch in order of release? Follow the episode numbering? Some third thing?

I've got a few days to decide as I'm going to order the blu ray discs so she can see them in HD.
    TK42I likes this.
  2. MrMojoRisin Jedi Master

star 3
    That's a hard one. I guess the story is more cohesive and flows better if you do it in chronological order, but starting with IV is always good because that's (in my opinion) the best story.
    Skiara likes this.
  3. Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3

That's it. No spin-offs or Sequel Trilogies.

Perfection!
    TK42I likes this.
  4. Snafu55 Jedi Padawan

star 1
    4,5,6,1,2,3 for first time viewers
    3, RO,4,5,6,7, 1, 2 is my personal viewing order even though I barely watch 1 or 2 anymore
    Last edited by Snafu55, Apr 3, 2017
    TK42I likes this.
  5. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    4567123 or 3456712, if an adult watches it first. If it's a kid, then 1234567 with their parents next to it latest at Ep3. ;)
    TK42I likes this.
  6. Bazinga'd Grand Admiral of WNU, CT, and Saga Forums

Manager
    star 6
    For an additional views on this, there is a thread in Saga that discusses this issue. Click here to go there.
    Skiara likes this.
  7. TK42I Jedi Master

star 1
    My suggestion, watch it in the order they were released in, start with Episode 4 and so on... ...chronological order, but I totally agree with Skiara above.