What order to watch?

Discussion in 'Oahu, Hawaii' started by 808Jedi, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 808Jedi Jedi Padawan

2. 808Jedi Jedi Padawan

I would watch the movie in order I-VI. Just to see how the characters develop.
  3. LordVader83 Jedi Padawan

4. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    any order, cuz you know that GL will tinker with them all to pick up all the dropped footage and "adjust" the flow from Ep 3 to Ep 4, for the final DVD release of the saga, Ep 1-6, next year or so.
  5. The___ Jedi Knight

star 3
    I agree with LordVader83. Empire would just plain suck if you knew the backstory. 4-6, then 1-3 is best to me.
  6. FuimusMaximus Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  7. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ah so, you are following the life of the New Hope, Luke, first. Then the story of his father and how Luke came into his world.
  8. PrinceEspaaValorum Jedi Master

star 4
    In real life, of course, I have done 4-6 and 1-3. But once I have all 6 DVD's, and/or there is a SW marathon, it will be 1-6. That is how GL intends the story to be seen.
  9. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    George may have intended it to be viewed in order 1-6 but it makes so much more sense to watch it 4-6 then 1-3.
  10. H20 Jedi Knight

star 1
    One interesting way someone mentioned on another forum was 4,5,1,2,3,6. I may have to try that. You start the normal way, the way we all saw it but only watch up until Empire, then go back and watch the backstory, then go back to Jedi and see it all end.
  11. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    To H20,

Interesting idea. I think that viewing order (4,5,1,2,3,6) would really emphasize the redemption of Anakin in 6 AND, truly, the return of the Jedi, in the form of Luke Skywalker.

Me, I'm all for there being a 7, 8 & 9. Will start this post string seperately.

Jay Tee
  12. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    GL says there won't be a 7-9, as Anakin was redeemed in ep 6. HOWEVER, with Han Solo at the ripe age of 62, any post Ep6 episodes will have to be centered on the life and times of the children of Han Solo and Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa, and the next generation of the jedi.
  13. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    mac-nut,

Interesting reply. I will copy & paste it into the other post string since it seems more appropriate there than in this watching-order post string.

MTFBWY.

Jay Tee

P.S. My best regards to Charles/Chuck!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.