main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii What order to watch?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by 808Jedi, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 808Jedi

808Jedi Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
  2. 808Jedi

808Jedi Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    I would watch the movie in order I-VI. Just to see how the characters develop.

3. LordVader83

LordVader83 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2005
    For me 4-6 than 1-3

4. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    any order, cuz you know that GL will tinker with them all to pick up all the dropped footage and "adjust" the flow from Ep 3 to Ep 4, for the final DVD release of the saga, Ep 1-6, next year or so.

5. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    I agree with LordVader83. Empire would just plain suck if you knew the backstory. 4-6, then 1-3 is best to me.

6. FuimusMaximus

FuimusMaximus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Agreed. 4-6 then 1-3. ;)

7. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    ah so, you are following the life of the New Hope, Luke, first. Then the story of his father and how Luke came into his world.

8. PrinceEspaaValorum

PrinceEspaaValorum Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    In real life, of course, I have done 4-6 and 1-3. But once I have all 6 DVD's, and/or there is a SW marathon, it will be 1-6. That is how GL intends the story to be seen.

9. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    George may have intended it to be viewed in order 1-6 but it makes so much more sense to watch it 4-6 then 1-3.

10. H20

H20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    One interesting way someone mentioned on another forum was 4,5,1,2,3,6. I may have to try that. You start the normal way, the way we all saw it but only watch up until Empire, then go back and watch the backstory, then go back to Jedi and see it all end.

11. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    To H20,

Interesting idea. I think that viewing order (4,5,1,2,3,6) would really emphasize the redemption of Anakin in 6 AND, truly, the return of the Jedi, in the form of Luke Skywalker.

Me, I'm all for there being a 7, 8 & 9. Will start this post string seperately.

Jay Tee

12. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    GL says there won't be a 7-9, as Anakin was redeemed in ep 6. HOWEVER, with Han Solo at the ripe age of 62, any post Ep6 episodes will have to be centered on the life and times of the children of Han Solo and Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa, and the next generation of the jedi.

13. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    mac-nut,

Interesting reply. I will copy & paste it into the other post string since it seems more appropriate there than in this watching-order post string.

MTFBWY.

Jay Tee

P.S. My best regards to Charles/Chuck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.