1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

What other Sci-Fi series / franchises do you like?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Gatherer, Jun 13, 2001.

What other Sci-Fi series / franchises do you like?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Star Trek (any incarnation)

2. X-Files

3. Babylon 5

4. Quantum Leap

5. Sliders

6. Dr. Who

7. V

8. Lost in Space

9. Battlestar Galactica

10. Other

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Quantum Leap is one the best shows ever. I am a fan of most of the other series on the poll.
  2. Bandursbox

Bandursbox Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2001
    I will watch just about anything sci-fi. LOL Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers were staples of my pre-teen and teen viewing years. Love Stargate and Stargate SG-1. Love some old and almost forgottens like Logan's Run [movie and series] and Wizards & Warriors [Jeff Conaway's pre-Babylon tv sci-fi/fantasty foray]. Watched Dr. Who during the Baker years, but never got into the other Doctors [though I met most of them at a DW convention in the mid-80's]. Love Star Trek, especially TNG crew. Loved V [movie and series]. Can you tell I'm a sci-fi junkie? Ok, how about the fact that I can watch lower budget sci-fi series and shows and spot outtakes of battle scenes from the great B-movie Battle Beyond the Stars? LOL Love the Matrix, too, for being not just a great action/sci-fi flick but one with an intelligent story--which is why the idea of two sequels kind of scares me.

And are we talking straight sci-fi or does fantasy/sci-fi like Hercules/Xena count? Better not get started there. LOL

BTW, does this season's new crop of tv sci-fi scare anyone? Andromeda, anyone? And a new Star Trek series upcoming called Enterprise? Do we really need this? Ack! Bring back the Ewoks series, I say. :D
  3. CountDookie

CountDookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2001
    Yeah, V!! I can't tell you how freaky it was as a child to see that one chick swallow a whole guinea pig. [face_shocked]
  4. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2000
  5. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    CountDookie - I had the same feeling! :)
  6. AurraMouse

AurraMouse Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2001
    Definatly The Matrix, and while not a movie/TV series, I absolutly loved the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books
  7. Obi-Kaufman

Obi-Kaufman Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    OK, I know it's mainly in the UK but it's kind of in the US too: Red Dwarf. I think it is one of the greatest Sci-Fi shows of all time! And when the movie comes out next year, the world will know about RED DWARF!!!! (add evil laugh here)
  8. Yodafriend

Yodafriend Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2001
    Star Wars is #1 of all time, of course, but I also like Star Trek (TNG and Voyager, and looking forward to Enterprise - especially because of Scott Bakula! - which leads me to my other favorite) and Quantum Leap.
  9. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Most certainly Babylon 5.

Perhaps the greatest media-SF analogue to genre prose ever produced.
  10. chewie66

chewie66 Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2001
    ST, what other show has so many fanatics to go with it? I mean there are people who know the languages that were made up for the show. Does anyone know hutteese?
  11. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
  12. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek. Others.
  13. Aerica

Aerica Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I used to like X-Files a lot (but then Duchovny kinda left and came back and...).

Quantum Leap is an awesome show! Scott Bakula...yum.

I'm liking Farscape right now. Speaking of the Sci-Fi channel...does anyone watch First Wave? I love that show! But it's being canceled...argh!!

Does Terminator count?
  14. C-3P0

C-3P0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    I don't like any of these options at all. Guess I prefer fantasy to sci-fi.
  15. Rowan Kin

Rowan Kin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    I voted Star Trek, but I also very much like B5 and XFiles.
  16. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Stargate SG-1
  17. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001

Yeah, RED DWARF (friend sent us dubbed tapes from UK...boy, we were hooked!!)

Well, it really all started when I saw the moon landing I was 4 and it captivated me...from then on I favored SF, but don't like all SF

Liked many SF series TV:

Battlestar Galactica (when it first aired)
    Star Trek (all incarnations)
    Quantum Leap
    Space, Above and Beyond

and when I was really little...
    Space 1999
    Lost in Space
    and stuff that had to do with magic
    My Favorite Martian
    I Dream of Jeannie

I think that just about covers it.
  18. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    tough one, but Farscape takes the cake ;)
  19. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Speaking of incarnations, check out the [link=]EUCNN[/link]. It's a collaberation with Farraday and I to report the "truth". If you like what you see, tell others to visit.

Award winning journalism...
    News that makes you think...
    Stories that touch you...
    Power dopplar radar...
    Experienced reporters...

...who needs it!
  20. ktwsolo

ktwsolo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2001
    Stargate! Great blend of scifi and mythology; when I first saw the movie I thought it was the coolest idea EVER to have the gods be powerful aliens, and it is a great idea. Is Babylon 5 on anymore? I never got into it, but now I think I should have.
  21. captainCsRhUiNtCH

captainCsRhUiNtCH Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2001
    PLANET OF THE APES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait until the new one comes out, but i know it wont be as good as the original.
  22. Ret

Ret Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    I've really gotten into Voyager lately and I used to love TNG.
  23. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    i thought the Matrix was cool, despite negative reviews. i went in without any clue what it was and absolutely loved it, although i had to see it a second time in order to fully understand it. i am eagerly awaiting the sequels.

Stargate was a cool movie too.
  24. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I won't vote on this because I like more than one
  25. JWK

JWK Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    The Truth is out There
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.