main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What part of ROTS did you think was pure genius?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DARTH-SHREDDER, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    I'll go first. Mixing the birth of Darth Vader with the birth of his twins/death of his wife. All at the same time.

2. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    The execution of Order 66.

3. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Yep, Order 66.

4. km12

km12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    I'm totally in agreement with DARTH-SHREDDER on this one. The cross-cutting of those scenes was brilliant. So was the final scene at the Tatooine homestead with the twin suns setting and Obi-Wan riding off into the desert.

5. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    1. Order 66
    2. Last 10 min.
    3. Night at the Opera
    4. Utapau
    5. Padme's rumination

6. namnlos

namnlos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I thought the part between "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." and "Directed by George Lucas" was pure genius ;)

7. Philosopher1701

Philosopher1701 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    MACE: The Senate will decide your fate.

PALPATINE: (Darth Sidious voice) I AM the Senate!!!!!!!!

Genius. Pure genius. :) :)

8. JediOnion

JediOnion Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2005
    definitly the Boga screaming its head off

9. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I gotta say as much as I enjoyed he whole film...
    I have been touting this scene on a few pages toda, must be heavy on my mind.. whatever...

padmae and anakin. looking to each other from accross the city. the pace of this scene is so un like any thing in any other star wars film. it was beautiful to watch, the subtle aspects, the silence, it complety captivated me. I have seen it 8 or 9 times now and that scene more then any other is the scene I look forward to the most.

10. DARTH-SHREDDER

May 6, 2005
    The problem with that scene is you don't know what the buildings look like so it's hard to envision it.

11. SWFanatic400

SWFanatic400 Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2005
    I would have to say order 66 too and the way they portrayed yoda as being so sad as to feeling the other jedi die. It was reminiscent of A New Hope when Obi-Wan felt Alderaan destroyed by the death star. George did a fantastic job with that part of the movie. I wanna hear commentary on that scene alone so bad!

12. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Hmm...
    The opening shot that just kept going and going.
    The Opera scene.
    When Anakin confronts Palpatine in the hallway.
    Padme's ruminations scene. A new idea for SW and an interesting step for George. This was truly inspired I feel.
    Order 66. Another interesting take for Lucas.
    The Mustafar platform confrontation.
    Birth of twins/Vader.

13. Whizkid

Whizkid Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

The birth of the Empire when Palpatine addresses the senate. Exactly as I had envsioned it:D

14. Bail_Organa_

Bail_Organa_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2005
    The Anakin/Obi-Wan duel on Mustafar was unbelievable! The emotion, the visuals, the history, and what is at stake make it unforgettable. It is unlike anything else you will see on film. The intensity, near the end, when Anakin is staring at Obi-Wan and says, "This is the end for you my master," is unmatched. ROTS is brilliant throughout, but I always look most forward to this duel and cannot wait to see it again when it is over. I would love an extended version on the DVD in an extended version of the movie. Pure genius. Thank you Mr. Lucas!! :D

15. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    Way too many "Genius" parts.

I personally thought

Anakin with clones behind him.
    Sidious crowning Anakin "Darth Vader"
    ORDER 66

were brilliant .

those are the ones that came to mind that stood out .

16. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Lots, lots, lots of stuff, but I definately put Order 66, Birth of the twins/Birth of Vader/Death of Padmé up there.

And the entire Odepial path the story took....just brilliant. ROTS is a prime example of what tragedy should be.

17. DARTH-SHREDDER

May 6, 2005
    "Padme's ruminations scene"

:confused: What scene?

18. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    "Padme's ruminations scene"
    What scene?

Be4 Mace/Palp confrontation when Padme is looking through window while at the same time Anakin is staying in Jedi Council room and they are bouth looking at the cityscape.

19. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    Yeah, which one? [face_pig]

For me it was Yoda sensing the troopers and slashing them in half.

20. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    what do you have against that scene. just because nobody says a word and there is no action does it lose value to you?

21. darth_pinky

darth_pinky Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2005
    i thought the part the "Padme's rumination" part was awesome. It's something we had never seen in any of the Star Wars movies till this one. Also the fact that this part really gives you an insight of what Anakin and Padme were going through that moment in time. It's so powerful :)

Another part that totally rocked was the Obi Wan vs. Anakin duel. That was AWESOME! I tried so hard not to blink during the whole fight, so I wouldn't miss anything. It was everything I imagined

22. Nytemare

Nytemare Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    The Opera scene. Such a psychological dance by Palpatine. Anakin was so focused on the power of stopping death, that the other two possible implications of the Plagueis story completely went by him. The way Palps looked at Anakin when he said "power to create life" and the sick smile when he talked about Plagueis getting killed in his sleep were so sly!

It wasn't until I was leaving the theater that I thought about that scene and what it meant. It was one of those "oh!" moments.

23. Seperatist_Leader

Seperatist_Leader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2005
  24. MasterTiin

MasterTiin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    I thought the Temple Raid and Order 66 were the best parts

25. pl_renoch

pl_renoch Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    ROTS renewed my love for SW and it is genius in its entirety. However, if they had made Anakin out to look anything like he did on AOTC it would not have worked for me. And I'm not talking about simply making him look older.

Therefore, I'm sending Kudos to whoever was in charge of the implementing the new-look for Hayden--long hair, scar, darkening the eye color, even the make up. He looked serious, strung out, older (i.e. beyond the actor?s years) and more experienced. I don't care how well the script was written if they didn't pull this off it would have been a disappointment.

Great work=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.