main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What part of ROTS did you think was pure genius?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DARTH-SHREDDER, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    The parts that seemed the most genius to me would have to be: 1. Anakin and Palpatine at the ballet. Great scene. McDiarmid just tears it up here, and the moment he says "he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying" you just know that Anakin is listening and very interested. 2. Padme's ruminations. One of the best scenes I've seen in a Star Wars film. This is the moment where Anakin makes his choice that he will do ANYTHING to save Padme. 3. Mustafar...enough said. 4. Padme's dying words to Obi-wan (proving Luke DOES remember his mother, even though he doesn't realize it.) 5. Padme and Anakin's first words when they awake after Mustafar are about each other. It shows that they really did care more about each other than themselves and I love that. Ofcourse I love the entire movie but these moments were just genius.

2. obimon

obimon Jedi Master

Apr 9, 2005
    My favorite 2 shots in the movie are during the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel. First, the look on Obi-Wan's face as he realizes the tower they are on is going over the lavafall is amazing. That shot really captures Obi-Wan's remorse and sadness over the whole situation. The next one is when Obi-Wan looks at Anakin before he says, "This is the end for you my master." It's the same style as before, but again I just love how you really understand Obi-Wan as much as Anakin.

3. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Blu-Bladed-Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    When you see star wars...and then directed by george lucas...all the stuff in between was genious

4. masteroftheforce20

masteroftheforce20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2005
    Order 66 - brilliant scene with very beautiful music.
    Padme's Ruminations scene- with Padme and Anakin looking out over Coruscant at each other, haunting music and no dialogue.
    These were my two favourites. The opening shots from the battle over Coruscant were visually spectacular too.

5. Three-Eight

Three-Eight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Music and the opening scene!

6. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    For me, it's still the scene where Anakin becomes a Sith. It is only then he is safe from Order 66 for he is no longer a Jedi.

7. jvberggren

jvberggren Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    for me it would have to be the part where he convinced a lot of people that everything was a work of genius :p

that's an accomplishment indeed...

8. keko

keko Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    when sidious throwing the senate pods with duel of the fates

9. XenoSkywalker

XenoSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    I completely well up inside when Obi-Wan asks Yoda, "Who could have done this", when asking about the slain children in the Halls of what I believe is the Jedi Temple...

...The reason for why I well up, is because "we" as the audience KNOWS who did it, and when you "feel" what Anakin must have been feeling when he did it, well, I just can't help feel like... :_|......sniff... :(

That is why that is a "Pure Genius" moment of the film to me. I could definitely elaborate, but I don't feel that I wish to right now... :(

10. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    any part, other than the horribly edited sidious vs. mace duel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.