main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What part of the saga do you NOT want to watch?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Taun-Solo, Sep 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taun-Solo

Taun-Solo Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2003
    I knew there were parts of the OT people would be skipping

I myself cannot stand all the "soap opera" scenes in ROTJ. Half the movie is characters having heart-to-hearts with each other. First Luke and Yoda, then Luke and Ben, then C-3PO and the ewoks, then Luke and Liea, then Liea and Han. It gets very tedious to watch

2. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    Master_Sidious, you have excellent taste! I commend you. In the words of Sidious, "you have done well." I agree with you whole-heartedly on one point I forgot to mention: I also rewind again and again the Throne Room scenes in ROTJ. It is indeed the best part of the saga because we see so much of Palpatine and because it leads to the balance of the force prophesized long before TPM. I think Palpatine knew of the prophecy and realized his role in it: he must die at the hand of "Skywalker." He had foreseen it. Otherwise Palpatine would never have allowed this to happen to him.

PS: Good rankings of the films in your signature.

3. Master_Sidious

Master_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    Thanks.

I can watch ANY scene with Palps involved. Great actor nailing his part.

Just watched TPM (or at least most of it) last night and had to rewatch the Palps manipulation of the queen 2 extra times. He is so good that you cannot even see his lips move when the queen asks for the vote of no confidence.

4. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    ALL COURTING? ANAKIN PADME SCENES IN AOTC, jeez, everytim they get to these scenes with them on naboo i press the "next" button on my dvd remote, plus some of the scenes woth the ewoks!and many of jar-jar's scenes

5. ValinFett21

ValinFett21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2003
    I don't want to see any scene with Anakin and Padme together alone. Nuff said.

6. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Call yourself fans? :p

I don't skip over any parts of the Saga, I love them all :D

7. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Actually, I think we would call ourselves "discriminating fans". Lucas isn't perfect, and Jar Jar demonstrates that fact quite well.

"I'm with Ousely. The Podrace scene was good once or twice, but after that it gets boring."

Agreed,

"the only other scene that is skip worthy is the fireplace scene in AoTC."

Unless you dig young chicks in tight leather outfits. [face_mischief]

TPM - Pretty much most of Tatooine, and long scenes with Jar Jar. ;) (Occasionally, I'll watch the race simply to watch the race.)
    AOTC - Post-picnic shaak ride, fireside scene, droid factory

ANH - If anything, Luke and the Owens, though not often. ANH is the most complete film, after all. ;)
    ESB - Can't think of a scene, though I will occasionally jump from Hoth to Bespin.
    ROTJ - most of the beginning of Jabba's palace, Leia finding Wicket.

Keep in mind, also, that this is far easier to do with LD. :D

"It's when Luke is falling (in the SE) and screems..."

Don't you mean the Emperor. :D [face_laugh]

" Yeah, I doubt he would scream the exact same plummeting-to-his-death scream that the Emperor vocalized in RoTJ either."

I see someone else is thinking along the same lines as me.

I don't even watch the SE's. ;)

"I don't think I'd ride bronco on a cow's back if I were trying to impress a woman"

It's just like mopeds and fat chicks: They're fun to ride, but you don't want your friends to see you on one. :D

8. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    AOTC - Post-picnic shaak ride, fireside scene, droid factory

Hmmm... the factory didn't really play a purpose. I skip over scenes that mostly have no purpose, although the love scenes were an exception. [face_plain] The only reason for the factory scene was to get the two captured, and I think it could have been better than it was. The same thing seemed to happen over and over again. 3PO got boring pretty soon as well.

-Krystal
    Endless steps end in endless miles...

9. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    TPM - Nothing.

AOTC - Same I watch it all

ANH and ESB - Again the same as the two above as I watch it all.

ROTJ - All the Jabba parts. After that I watch ever thing. :)

10. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Everything goes except the scenes with Daniel Logan involved. He's the worst actor of all SW films and he spoils my idea of Boba Fett completely.

EDIT: I forgot ROTJ Jabba scenes - how disgusting...

11. therebelforce

therebelforce Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    I cant stand TPM but AOTC is OK the worst part is when Padma tells Anakin he will all ways be that little boy she meet on Tatooine. I fell bad for him she practically took his lightsaber from him and cut him down at the knees. I love all the OT specially ESB when Han and Leia are alone during the asteroid\get away seen but it breaks mI hart in the freezing chamber the words ?I know.?what can I say I have a love for romance.

12. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    TPM - Gungan scenes, the pod race (although.. I never miss the jawa cameo. "Utinni!"), the battle of Naboo

AOTC - Most of the Naboo scenes, the Clone War battle..

ANH - Nothing.

ESB - Nothing.

ROTJ - Usually nothing, but sometimes I just pop in the video to see the throne room scenes.

13. suineme

suineme Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2000
    I was watching ANH with my sister last night, who fell asleep during the Death Star Battle. It IS too long. I fast forwarded it a little to the part where Darth Vader chases Luke Skywalker down the trench.

The Pod Race is too long.

The whole crybaby Anakin scene where they are next to the fireplace.

Thats about it.

14. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Hmm ...

TPM:
    Scenes with Boss Nass. He looks like a cartoon.

AOTC:
    When Anakin rides the ass-monster in the meadow.

ANH:
    The dog-fights around the Death Star at the end. Boring. It only gets interesting when Vader joins the battle.

ESB:
    The whole hiding in the asteroid/space slug sequence.

ROTJ:
    Ewoks.

15. Vaders_leash

Vaders_leash Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    TPM - 1. all the Jar-Jar scenes I can think of,
    2. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's talk with Boss Nass,
    3. Anakin asking the queen where Padme is,
    4. the idle scenes before the final battle begins.
    I will probably view this DVD once every year or two.

AOTC - 1. Fireplace scene,
    2. Obi-Wan/Jango fight,
    3. Dooku's secret meeting with all those bigwigs on Geonosis,
    4. Anakin and Padme's fights in the assembly line/foundries,
    5. C3-PO's antics.
    I will probably watch this one every month at least because I like the Dooku/Sidious rendezvous so much.

ANH - since this is my current favorite, I can't think of anything I'll skip.

TESB - When the Falcon is trapped inside the space slug and Han is doing repairs. It is kind of slow-moving.

ROTJ - The ewoks' scenes.

16. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I have never skipped any scenes in a Star Wars film, or any other film that I like, after sitting down to watch it.

Even in RotJ, you can always scan the background for Pruneface or Yakface.

I want the Star Wars films to be longer, not have huge junks lopped out of them.

As for skipping Tatooine in TPM, 3PO and R2 in the desert in ANH, and the dagobah scenes in ESB - i find this very hard to comprehend indeed.

17. CyHunter

CyHunter Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2003
    I can't believe there are parts people want to skip--I can understand if you pop in the DVD just to veiw a couple of scenes, but if I'm going to "watch the movie", I must turn down the lights, turn on the 5.1, sit right in front of the big screen, and HEAVEN FORBID I would even contemplate skipping the less-than-interesting parts. It's called patience! :p

18. hoth-nudist

hoth-nudist Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    I skip about 80% of TPM, 60% of AOTC and I can watch the original OT all the way through baby!

19. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    I wouldnt skip a damn thing I like all the movies as is

20. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Any scene with Jar Jar Binks.

21. George15

George15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 4, 2002
    TPM-Perfect how it is.

AOTC-Ditto

ANH-first half an hour(can only watch the death star sequence without falling asleep).

ESB-Can't bear to watch the Luke rescue scenes and the Hoth battle(especially after seeing the B.O.G.).Basically, I just fastforward to cloud city,where I think the film really hits it's stride and becomes marginally entertaining.

ROTJ-I can only watch the throne room sequence and that's it.I'm literally nauseated by the Endor battle.

22. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    The Fireside and Lake Retreat scenes of AOTC, I find those make for a good chance to get up and get a snack when the movie is on, I just find them so slooooow and soooooo boring.

Any scenes involving Jake Llyod in TPM.

Does the Holiday Special count as part of the Saga? 8-} I can't watch that at all

23. John_Cope

John_Cope Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2003
    First, I do not watch the SE, I can't stand the most changes.

Skip scenes -

TPM

Everything except for Duell of the Fates

AOTC

Padme meets Yoda/Dooku talk
    Almost all Anakin/Padme scenes
    3PO's ride in the factory sequence
    Yoda's fight (you know that's wrong)

ANH/TESB

Nothing

ROTJ

Jabba's Palast, except for Han's return
    The "Leia meets Wicket" scene

24. Squiffins

Squiffins Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2003
    TPM--
    Those first scenes aboard the Trade Federation ship, the arrival on Naboo, the underwater bits, the escape from Naboo, most of tatooine (including the pod race), the senate scenes, most of the final battle

AOTC--
    All of the Coruscant parts, Obi-Wan and Jango scenes (especially the boring asteroid rehash), Anakin & Padme, Anakin searching for his mother and burying her, most of Geonosis.

Episode 3--
    We'll see

ANH--
    Tatooine, most of the Death Star, the TIE-fighter fight when leaving the Death Star, and that final battle.

ESB--
    A lot of Hoth (thought the AT-ATs are okay), all of Dagobah and cloud city. Oh, and the worm thing that eats the Falcon

ROTJ--
    Jabba' Palace, Dagobah, most of Endor (until the main battle), Luke chatting with Vader and Palps, ending celebration

25. DarthNigel

DarthNigel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 2003
    ANH skips:
    Escape pod landing on Tatooine to Luke's debut.
    that's it.

ESB skips:
    Beginning to Imperial fleet debut, except Luke/Wampa and Luke's vision of Obi-Wan.
    (How can you skip Dagobah?! No way man.)
    Space slug scenes.

ROTJ skips:
    All of Tatooine scenes except sail barge battle.
    Ewok debut until Luke/Leia conversation on Endor.

TPM skips:
    Jar Jar intro to arrival in Theed.
    Arrival on Tatooine to start of Pod-Race.
    Return to Naboo to start of Duel.

AOTC skips:
    All Naboo scenes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.