main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What percentage of Stormtroopers are Clones?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by darthjulian777, Dec 29, 2012.

1. darthjulian777

darthjulian777 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2008
    So I'm currently watching Star Wars: A New Hope once more, (thanks Spike!) and it brought up a question I've had for a while. What percentage of stormtroopers are clones. We know that clones suffer from accelerated growth and as such they should be relatively old at this point, but everywhere I look specific Stormtroopers are clones, like TK-421 is referred to as a clone. How many new human recruits do you think were added to the army?

2. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    By Episode IV, clones made up about at third of the Stormtrooper Corps (I believe).

3. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    im watching a new hope on spike as well!!!

an answer to your question... about 0.001% or less. at this point all the clones are gone, they were mostly replaced 7 years after ROTS. at this point in time only a portion of the 501st division remained in the empire.

4. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Battlefront II explains that the Empire used the Fett clones until the Kaminoans rose up and brought in the "Anti-troopers", or clones that the Kaminoans used to try to rise up against the Empire. So the Empire crushed the rebellion and Palps was like "Whoa maybe this isn't a very good idea anymore..." so he stopped cloning and brought in regular humans.

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    It's about a third per the AOTC director's commentary.

6. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    As far as I know it, 40% are Jango Fett clones, 30% other clones and 30% recruited soldiers.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There's only, like, what 4 different stormtrooper voices max in the OT? I assumed they were "other guy" clones. Jango clones just didn't have any speaking lines in the OT.

8. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    FWIW, I don't have an issue with them all being Jangos. How you sound has nothing to do with genetics; it makes sense for Boba*, I guess, since Jango raised him, but there's really no reason for clones born after he died to sound like him.

*Don't like the accent change for Boba much as I think it wrecks much of his mystique based on Morrison's pronunciation, but it does make sense for him to sound like his dad.

9. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    because he IS his dad... they have the same everything idk why they would talk different

10. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    You may want to reread my post dude.

11. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    Accents aren't hereditary. The less you're exposed to a particular accent, then less your own accent will sound like it. Boba Fett likely didn't hear another accent like his father's after Jango died very often, so it stands to reason that he'd lose his own New Zealand accent after only a couple of years. I have personal experience in losing a stong accent in a relatively short period of time, so it's a pretty common thing.

DarthBoba likes this.
  12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Jango bumping his head in AOTC is the best retcon ever.

13. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I'm not sure that's really a 'retcon', myself. There is the stormtroopers=clones article all the way back from 1978.

But yeah, I loved it. Although-I'm in the Army and routinely bump my helmet into things all the time. I'm definitely not related to jango, though :p