What piece of EU work would you get ride of?correct if you could?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Oct 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I would get rid of COJ and probly not replace it. Yes it was that bad.
  2. sweetheart Jedi Master

star 4
    The entire NJO.

COPL. HST. CS..Oh, decisions, decisions... ;)

But if I had to choose one the NJO, no contest.
  3. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    i DONT SEE WHATS SO BAD ABOUT THE njo.
  4. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Children of the Jedi & Planet of Twilight.
  5. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    "Star Wars As Seen By The Droids"
  6. stevenhunter Jedi Knight

star 1
    Whoever said COPL is right. Leia was unbelievably off in that book. Totally shallow and unlike the strong princess we saw in the movies. The HST and the NJO are good choices too. I'd be thrilled to scrap VP and start all over again.
  7. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I enjoy the EU, but I can HONESTLY say that I'd scrap all of it, except for maybe the first book or two in the Zahn trilogy, only change Zahn to a human so it's more believable, change a few characters to be more realistic and not so generalistic, then continue the EU from there, maybe limiting things to one clone per the entire timeline, but I doubt I'd use that. I wouldn't use the Jedi Academy. Leia would be trained by Luke, and the Sith would return, but not like "Dark jedi" or "witches of Dathomir", it'd be a full fledged Sith that happened to survive. There could be an explanation for it, just think about it, don't be so quick to make everyone force tuned and evil and a clone.
  8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I would change none of it.
  9. Ginger Jedi Master

star 4

My first choice would be COPL. Then I would like to edit the NJO. I like the idea above about scraping the whole thing except for the Zahn Trilogy and starting over from there. Leia should have definately been trained as a jedi.
  10. Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling

star 5
    For the love of God, destroy the putrid NJO!!
  11. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I admittedly hate the first two novels in the Black Fleet Crisis, however, that does not mean I'd get rid of em. I also hate the Queen Amidala Journal, and might consider getting rid of it, but I wouldn't. Just because I don't like it does not mean that someone else wouldn't. No reason to force my will on others by saying "I hate this so it must go."
  12. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    Scrap the NJO, PLEASE.
  13. Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    As far as I'm concerned, Crystal Star and the entire NJO never happened. Some others are questionable...
  14. LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, is this the NJO haters' hangout or something?
  15. RogueJaina Jedi Master

star 4
    It's so hard to decide between Chilren of the Jedi, Darksaber, and Planet of Twilight...
  16. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    The whole Callista trilogy! LOL. No one likes it. I actually thought it was pretty good...

Just to piss off RogueJaina...I, Jedi. :p
  17. Schildawg Jedi Knight

star 1
    There have been a number of books that aren't worth remembering, however the only series I hated was the Bounty Hunter Wars.

K.W. Jeter should be permanently banned from writing another book, after his piss-poor portrayal of Boba Fett, Bossk, IG-88, 4-LOM, and Zuckuss. Besides the fact he contradicted almost every last fact about all of the bounty hunters. And his extreme overusage of "barve" and "Kuat."

18. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No one likes it? I'll have you know that of all the star Wars books I've read, the three I do not like are Before the Storm, Shield of Lies, and the Queen Amidala Journal. I own the three books which make up the Calista Trilogy and I enjoyed them.
  19. Shelley Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I'd scrap the whole dang thing and start over. With authors who know and care about the characters, this time.

But if I could get rid of just a few pieces of EU work, I'd say get rid of the HST, COPL, and NJO.
  20. spicelord1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Start the NJO over and change it.
  21. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd probably ditch the Crystal Star.
  22. Arabwel Jedi Knight

star 2
    Crystal Star, CoJ. PoT, BFC, CoPL, TaB, are the ones I can think of top of my head. as to be removed. As for edited...

JAT to include Corran, and to do something for that ditz Qwi, I just hate her so much... Just don't get him together with Wedge, please?
    DS to not to include Callista. (Another ditz, as well as Gaeriel and Akeetha[?])
    HoT to have Corran doing Jedi stuff.
    TCT to have... Let's just do it again with a better author. The events are ok, but the books suck.

Ara
    (sniffling and feeling awful... ugh.)
  23. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    I'd correct the whole EU to have at least one Xizor cameo per book. :D
  24. Sologal Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd have to choose the NJO. Too dark and depressing for my likes.

Out of the Bantam line, I guess I'd have to choose COPL. The characterization of Han and Leia were totally off in that one.
  25. leia393 Jedi Master

star 4
    First, NJO
    Second COPL
    Third COTJ and POT
    Fourht HST
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.