main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What planets do you want to see in rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Said that almost word for word (sans the earth thing) in Coruscant Nights II.

purplerain likes this.
  2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    A planet that young and volatile wouldn't have had enough time to give rise to even microbial life, much less highly-evolved humanoids. Unless they came from offplanet?

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Well presumably. The installations there all seemed to be mining or resource extraction facilities of some sort. I kinda imagined there was no native population.

Even the atmosphere should be unbreathable, filled with carbon dioxide and sulfur, unless it had been terraformed. Presumably it had been - but again this is the work of offworlders.

4. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mustafarian

I have unnecessarily crushed your theory, and I will be the first person to admit it. I am sorry. :-B

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

Captain. Captain Planet.

Other than that, I don't want to see any planets, I want them all to be invisible.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Coruscant is the main one, because that is my favorite planet. Particularly Rebellion-Era Coruscant. The underlevels, the senate building, if the whole series took place in coruscant I would be happy. I would also like to see Naboo to see the remainder of Padme's family and if Vjun isn't in the series I'm going to go throw my TV out a window.

7. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    All the issues with the young Mustafar theory can be explained by the GFFA being different from real life.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Maybe Mandalore could have restoration zones with forest growing back, but I must say that I for once liked the idea that Mandalore's nature is totally destroyed by war. Maybe Kalevala (that was according to EU toxic desert) could be forested world instead.

9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It was retconned that only certain portions of Mandalore were blasted deserts. The rest had forests.

Contessa and Mia Mesharad like this.
  10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    That was not how it appeared in TCW- it was completely white and Satine even mentions that forests of Concordia are growing back- nothing about Mandalore. That retcon is just attempt to save Mandalore's eu appearance, but I doubt that Rebels follow it- I actually think that they shouldn't but that's just me. I personally like the idea of destroyed Mandalore better.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree I still Like the mandolorians from the EU but I am pretty sure GL wanted all of Mandolore to be desert.

But then again GL is not involved in rebels but I dont think they will just toss his ideas out the door.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sorry for all that stuff there before.

13. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He didn't want Mandalore to be a desert, he just didn't care about the ramifications of a stupid decision he made. During the concept phase, the Duchess character that became Satine, her people, and their desert world were not Mandalorian in any way. They were being harassed by a group of Mandalorians that would become Death Watch, but were entirely independent. Lucas then decided, what the hell, let's put them all together: the duchess and all the rest can be Mandalorians too, and their world is whatever the Mandalorian world is. Filoni shows Lucas Open Seasons, the Marvel comics, TotJ, and tells him that what he's proposing is going to be a serious conflict. Lucas essentially tells him "Whatever, I don't care, just do what I said." and Filoni was forced to modulate it as best he could. He wanted to make Concord Dawn Mandalore's moon, too, but Filoni put a stop to that and had it renamed Concordia, just as he tagged the Mandalorian radicals Death Watch in accordance with their Open Seasons portrayal.

Consequently, as Lucas didn't really care and just wanted the one plot that he wanted right then and everything else be damned, the situation was quickly and decisively put to the fix, with Lucasfilm VIPs Leeland Chee and Pablo Hidalgo―acting through the work primarily of officially licensed authors including Daniel Wallace and Jason Fry―asserted that official canon is that Mandalore is indeed a multi-ecosystem world that includes the desert expanses seen in TCW but is not limited to them, just as the Mandalorian people include the pacifistic New Mandalorian faction but are not comprised solely of them. With Chee and Hidalgo both part of the fabled "Story Group" that's supposed to be safeguarding the singular state of canon, and with Filoni free from Lucas' boot heel and working together with continuity and storytelling genius Greg Weisman, it's much more unlikely that Rebels will be working in concert with pre-established canon.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I see know that you put it that way I agree so thank you.

15. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I think you mean *likely*, in which case I agree.

16. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    Damn it. :oops: Yes, I do mean likely. I think I mixed up saying it's unlikely they would significantly conflict, and that it is likely they'd work in concert. You got the gist of what I meant to say, though, so job done either way. :p

17. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    Am I really the only one who would like to see Ackbar's home planet Dac? I mean c'mon, underwater episode, yes please.

My favorite episode of Star Trek Voyager was an underwater episode so I've always loved those.

18. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    You know they did that in TCW, right? Or do you just mean go back?

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Dac AKA Mon Cala(mari) seems like very likely place to appear at some point. Yes I would like to see how King Lee-Char and Empire works out- we know Ackbar joins rebels with his people- so Empire must do nasty things for them.

That remains to be seen- but I think it's more important that rebels work together with TCW-canon (than EU) since they are part of the same T-level of canon and probably has same audience that knows Mandalore as desert with domed cities (which was obviously dominant terrain-type on that world during the clone wars). It is confusing to show Mandalore suddenly just as it appeared in EU (before TCW) after it has been seen on-screen portrayed so differently.

I would like to see Lola Sayu again in arc that includes appearance of Tarkin- he liked the fortress-structure there so much so maybe he has built his own imperial prison there- since he knows how to escape there he can also prevent it better I think.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Accidental DP. Sorry

21. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    Rebels can work together with canon, period, just fine, since everything has been seamlessly integrated together already anyway. TCW has already been acknowledged, modulated, and incorporated into the pre-existing whole.

It wasn't obviously the dominant terrain. We just kept going back to that same section of desert because that's where Sundari was and that's where every single story was centered on. We didn't get to see anywhere else on the planet because as far as TCW's narrative was concerned, nothing of importance was taking place anywhere outside of that on spread of land.

It's confusing? Why would anyone be confused about Mandalore having sand over here and trees over here, when they grew up on a planet like Earth where Antarctica, Egypt, and Brazil couldn't look less alike? Let's give viewers a bit more credit than that, please. If Rebels were to touch down in a forested area and state that yes, this is Mandalore, do you really think people would go "Oh my god, they've ruined everything!" or would they just be like, "Hmm, I see we're somewhere else on this planet. This is new."

Personally, I don't really see why you're making an argument of any sort out of this in the first place. A few people mentioned that they'd like to see the other areas of Mandalore, an interest that continues to be supported by canon sources even after TCW came along. They're just stating what they'd like to see in accordance with the premise of the original post, just like you suggested the never before seen onscreen world of Corulag. There's really no need to pick at their posts as though they're any less valid than any other in the thread. The whole thread's just out loud wishful thinking anyway.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    wow that stinks I did not mean for that to be part of the qoute any way I could see them going to korriban and being tempted by the dark side.

24. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I want them to be all Mortis.

25. MaulLover1313

MaulLover1313 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2014
    Coruscant
    Yavin
    Tatooine
    Saleacami