main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What planets do you want to see in rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Manny Bothans

Manny Bothans Jedi Master star 1

Jun 12, 2013
    I would love to see Nar Shaddaa. But I hope they change the name only slightly, like Mar Shaddaan or something. Just cause ya know...different. ;)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Battledroid796

Battledroid796 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2014
    Coruscant, Endor, Hoth, Mandalore, Naboo, etc.
    Basically, every good one.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think that is happening to Korriban and they are changing it to Morriban.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I forgot to add that I'd like to see other non-Coruscant core worlds such as Rendili, Anaxes and/or Carida. Worlds where the Imperial Navy personnel seem to stem from for the most part.

Jedi Knight Fett and QuangoFett like this.
  5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    You said your opinion and I said mine. I think that many viewers of TCW are not familiar with EU-canon anyways that's why I think that it's more important to follow Movies and TCW.

Look how white Mandalore is from space in TCW- forests also have to be white or little green spot on the other side of the world.

It appears that Sundari was only place that was there and the rest is desert. There may be more less important domed colonies though but TCW pretty much gave the impression that Sundari is the only place what is not desert. I know it doesn't fit well with EU.

I think that average reaction would be "what the heck - that's not Mandalore how I know it (TCW)" because Star Wars worlds tend to be homogenic. They are instantly recognisable to people. Only hardcore fans think about in-universe realism.

That's just how average star wars- fan thinks desert=Tatooine or Geonosis, forest= Naboo or Endor, Snow= Hoth or Orto Plutonia etc. otherwise no one would've freaked out when TCW portrayed Mandalore like it did. And yes it would be more realistic to have more heterogenic worlds but confusing to average viewers IMO

I just said what my opinion is. I think that Rebels should somehow explain it if they suddenly show forested Mandalore when TCW didn't portray it like that. That said. Let's move on.

I think that Morriband is supposedly different world altogether. George probably wanted a sith world that was too different to be Korriban and Morriband is retcon to save Korriban in canon without any large changes. Name is just similar like Tatooine and Dantooine.

That reminds me, Dantooine needs to appear in Rebels. It had rebel base after all...

6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    With Leland and Pablo in the story group, and Filoni - who seems like a big EU fan, even if he had to downplay it for the purposes of TCW and instead praise Lucas' decisions - I figure they will show Mandalore in a way that keeps more in line with the established EU, even if it means using a loophole like saying that the forests were all on the opposite side of the planet from Sundari, and thus wouldn't be seen when ships are approaching Mandalore from Sundari's side of the planet.

Jedi Knight Fett and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I could see this and they could say one sides a wasteland and the other forest.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I still think that Kalevala could be the forested world in Mandalore system and Mandalore itself could have some forests slowly growing back (with restoration effort maybe). They shouldn't just change the appearance of Mandalore completely but instead expand it in a way that would make sense with TCW (and EU if possible). Wasteland on warrior-world had a symbolic meaning so maybe Satine didn't want to restore the nature just around Sundari so that everyone would see the damage war can do.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Kamino. Who replaced "Lord Tyranus" and what became of the Kaminoans when Palpatine realized that the clones were "too individualistic"?

10. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Palpatine sent Darth Vader to Kamino. That is all.

11. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Lothal.

Seriously. Planet hopping is all well and good, but I want to get to fully know Lothal. Like Naboo, Coruscant and Tatooine in the films, Lothal should be properly fleshed out and not relegated to some ludicrous portrayal as a planet solely consisting of two terrain types. I'm very encouraged by the emphasis on Lothal we see in the promotional material, but it remains to be seen if that focus will last beyond the pilot.

12. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    I would love a trip to the Corporate Sector. Since it's autonomous from Coruscant, I kind of picture it being like Mexico in Westerns - a place where outlaws on the run from American Imperial authorities can hide because it's beyond those authorities' jurisdiction. So it would make sense if the Rebels had some presence there.

13. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Aug 25, 2013
    Sorry, you did say "planets." Then, Etti IV, I guess - it'd be interesting to see what another capital-planet would look like (the more different from Coruscant, the better). But yeah, more generally any planet in that whole area of space.

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    except the Tagges own it

15. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Aug 25, 2013
    When did that happen? I remember the Corporate Sector being made up of a bunch of Republic/Empire-based companies, but not that Tagge owned it all. I thought it was a cartel.

But anyway, like I said, they're autonomous - not completely independent. IIRC the CSA has to pay an annual tax to Coruscant, which also has one vote on the board of directors in the form of an Imperial Adviser. But they're still mostly self-governing and have a free hand in lots of things, including military/police matters - they have their own force, no Imperial Starfleet or stormies around.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    aquilae, sullust and nar shaddaa. planets we have heard of but haven't seen yet.

also bothawui. bothans are important.

17. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    bastine, ophuchi, karolla.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Did Aquilae ever show up in the EU or are you just referencing early Star Wars drafts?

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Never heard of aquilae but sullust would be cool to see and it has been mentioned in TCW.

20. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I want them to adapt Honoghr into the plot somehow. Maybe even show the ship crash on screen (as a flashback, obviously).

21. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Aquilae exists in the main canon due to references and sourcebook elaboration, but apparently not in the form it did in the SW drafts.

Perhaps the Aquilian Rangers would be among the groups which band together as the Rebel Alliance, being given aid in their fight against the Empire by the crew of the Ghost.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  23. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    "Korriban"

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  24. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003

both.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  25. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I would have loved to have seen a Bounty Hunters vs Pirates battle and for two of the shows most popular original characters being Hondo and Cad Bane to meet, this was possibly going to happen in the Bounty Hunter arc since Hondo was last seen in possession of Slave 1.

I agree that the Night Brothers not aiding the CIS on Massacre was a missed opportunity, the CIS being seen as heroes by them is a good idea and would have made the episode more relevant to the war. It annoys me how often the CIS would treat potential allies badly (eg Nute Gunray with Senator Far or Riff Tamson with Nossor Ri) it made the CIS look like bad strategists, we needed to see CIS victories that would have happened due to them being nice to their allies.