main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What planets or scenes would you like to see in Ep VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jason79, Nov 7, 2012.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Tatooine: "If there's a bright center to the universe, this is the planet its farthest from".

2. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Kamino, Bespin, Tatooine, Naboo, Yavin. In my personal canon all those planets were slagged by a savage orbital bombardment as soon as they stopped being in the movies.

3. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    i think it because its the most fully realised of all the planets, different towns features.... Boonta Eve/MosEisley/Anchorhead/Dune Sea etc

Episode Swag likes this.
  4. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    and its a real place, not CGI

Edit: As noted recently... please use the edit function instead of making multiple back to back posts.

kegs202 likes this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This thread should be for discussion of specific interior and exterior sets, as described in the original post. Discussion of planets you'd like to see should go in the existing thread for that... HERE.

6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm certainly hoping for more starship interiors. Always loved the Star Destroyer command bridge scenes.

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    One thing I would love to see is Han and Leia using Padme's apartment on Coruscant as their own. It would be a lovely little nod to the character IMO and not something that would seem unbelievable. I would also like to see a return to the Senate of course but anything else on Coruscant I think should be new. As for sets from the OT, the return of the Falcon is a must and Star Destroyers. I can't think of anything else I'd like to see return.

Jedi Merkurian and eht13 like this.
  8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I love that "Han and Leia at Padme's apartment" idea. And of course the Falcon and Star Destroyers.

9. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Tattoine is a sure bet.

Is Endor still around or did the Death Star destruction rain molten death from above? If so, Endor will be there seeing as how that's where we left off.

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  11. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    so as the op..... various places in Tat would be wattos workshop/homestead etc, Endor would be er... the treehouse

12. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Obi-Wans house on Tattooine
    The Senate
    Palpatines Office
    Carbon Freeze Chamber on Cloud City (dont know how or whyy, would be cool to see though....)

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The Falcon

Star Destroyers

Maybe the Senate

... that's all I can see them recreating. We'll probably see Tatooine, and maybe even Naboo and some of the others again, but it won't have to be the exact same locations. Plus so many decades have passed.

14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe in a flashback scene, we'll learn that Han took Leia back there to ask her to marry him... since that's where "I love you... I know" took place. :p

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We'll see it when they thaw out Ahsoka.

TheManFromMortis and LunarMoth like this.
  16. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I'm absolutely with you re: the ultra green battlefield in Episode I. Across the entire PT, those battle scenes are amongst my least favourite. I think it really let down Episode I.

Millennium Falcon: I wouldn't mind seeing some minor updating of the Falcon, but with most features still recognisable.

Coruscant: I'd say that's a given, especially the Senate building. Do people think we'll see the Jedi Temple?

Tatooine: Provided it's not too obviously shoe-horned in, I could live with seeing Tatooine on the big screen again.

Dagobah: Wouldn't mind getting another glimpse of this planet.

Other than that, I'd love to see some new worlds, particularly those that have been referenced on screen but have never been shown.

I'm also interested to see how they'll have updated the design of the various spacecraft. For instance, how could the Tie-Fighter design evolve? Imagine the difference between a WWII fighter plane and a F117 stealth fighter. Still, that's probably something for a different thread.

17. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    Hoping to see the Gungan Underwater Empire again.... not really...

Falcon
    Imperial Ship
    Tattoine - Lukes home is a must.... sorry....
    City in the Clouds from ESB

18. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    im not even a TPM/PT hater the green is the worst thing in that film, tho i think the cgi works in most of the other planets

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  19. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    id love to see Obi Wans house too thats my fave suggestion so far, infact likes all these

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    darthfettus2015 : Again, the "edit" button is your friend. Please use it.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I would love to the Lars' Home with the Binary Sunset be the last place Luke is before he passes on.

22. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Cloud City could be good, but how about it's run-down derelict, only just about staying airborne? I like the sound of that as a location for a lightsabre duel or as a backdrop to a battle in the air.

23. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Same here. Most of the CGI stands-up well, but that landscape and the battle scenes themselves just look rubbish, I think.

24. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    i thought Geonosis looked good actually, did You know some of the battle scenes were direct copies of old first world war films?

25. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    The arena would be cool to return too.... Luke standing in the middle imaginging all the suffering....there is a place called El Jem an old Roman colliseum i which would be a great ruin stand in for that