Speculation What plot holes left from the previous films will be finally answered in Episode 7 ??

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by StarWars2015, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWars2015 Jedi Master

star 2
    We have many, many if you will and if they continue the general story leaving the canon in place from the prequel movies, the clone wars cartoon, the new Rebels Tv show, and the Classic OT, then we might be in for more than a few surpises on December 18th 2015.

Some of which come to mind,. I would really like a answer to these.

1.) Who extactly are the Cloners on Kamino, Why didnt they just clone themselves and overthrow the galaxy ?? What was their purpose for cloning for a Jedi ( Who was actually Darth Sidious). I dont want the movie to focus on clones or cloning dont get me wrong, but many sources indicate that Paplatine will return and if he does, why would he not bring up Order 66 prehaps with a few Jedi Hologram cameos.............

2.) Luke Skywalker could have spent many years in Exile when the NT starts, having traveled the galaxy, collecting Jedi Artifacts and holocrons full of the anicent wisdom of past Jedi masters, this could open the door for Ewan McGregor, Liam Neelson, and Samual L Jackson to show up and wrap things up neatly.

3.) What ever became of Jar Jar Binks. Personally I hope He fell into a mutated Sarlacc and is being slowly digested over a million years, but afterall, he did cast the deciding vote on creating the clone army which in turn lead to war and the rise of the Empire. Can we just leave this a open ended question.....

4.) Will the EU be mentioned at all, ??

5.) Did Anakin truely bring balance to the Force, or is that something that Luke will do in this Movie...?
  2. TheBBP Force Ghost

star 4
    Perhaps pieces such as locations and planets may be used, but I would not waste the calories burned in hoping that any post-ROTJ EU plots or characters will make it.
    Last edited by TheBBP, Jan 23, 2014
  3. mes520 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Can we another one of those "I Told You So" speculation threads like we did when the big news came out?
  4. Darth_Downunder Force Ghost

star 4
    The Syfo-Dyas mystery will definitely be answered

Not really though
  5. Ryus Force Ghost

star 4
    If the Second Death Stars debris landed on any innocent Ewoks in the days after the Yub Nub party.
    Last edited by Ryus, Jan 23, 2014
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Han Burgundy Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I guess it's not a plot hole, but I'm hoping that the ST will provide a final judgement on the philosophy of the Jedi. I feel like the films never really made up their mind if the Jedi were valiant, noble heroes or a flawed religious institution. Obviously, it's easy to look at how they operated in the prequels and see that they were deeply flawed, but I'm not really sure if it was the intention of the filmmakers to portray them as such. Even the OT, which overall portrayed the Jedi in a more undeniably positive light, still had strains of that old, unlikeable ridgidness, such as when Yoda and Obi-Wan are both convinced that Vader has to be killed by Luke in order to defeat the Sith.

Anyways, perhaps the ST could pick up a little more strongly on this, regardless of the direction they take it. They could have a New Jedi Order that finally finds a perfectly harmonious existence with the galaxy, or a Jedi order that is confronted with their own philosophical flaws as they fail to ultimately save the galaxy at all.
    Last edited by Han Burgundy, Jan 23, 2014
    Darth_Pevra, Sum-Wan, Ryus and 3 others like this.
  7. TheBBP Force Ghost

star 4
    Good call. It is easy to see in the PT that much of how the Jedi handled things was much in the way of the fear of things going bad. Luke was able to love without turning. He had love for his friends and his father. He silently proved that a Jedi are capable of having emotional attachments. To Luke, they weren't a hindrance as much as they were a strength that he drew upon.
    Darth_Tank and Mystery Roach like this.
  8. ScorpionJedi Jedi Master

star 1

With 3), I'm hoping JJ blows up Naboo with Binks and the rest of the Gungans with the new bad guy, problem solved! With 4) I'm hoping it will be in some form or another.
  9. Beezer Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I wouldn't expect Jedi/Sith artifacts or anything like that, as they are a purely EU storyline. To introduce things like that would dangerously redefine the Force as it exists in the movies.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a further explanation of Anakin's role in bringing "balance" to the Force, or get further explanation of the force ghosts.
  10. Six Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Me and my sister were actually joking about this a few days ago. I said "What if they put Jar Jar Binks through these terrible ordeals that he eventually overcomes and becomes a hardened badass in the process, which results in him being the most liked character in the new movies." It would be a neat 180. Have Episode 7 open up with an old grizzled Clint Eastwood-like Jar Jar interrogating a bunch of stormtroopers and torturing them.
    klooney likes this.
  11. TtheForceHurts Force Ghost

star 3
    To be honest, if I had witnessed him kill all of my friends including young innocent kids and pushing the galaxy in a 20 year dynasty of Terror, I would want him dead as well. There would have been no forgive and forget...
    The only "plotholes" I can think of are:
    What happened to the vast military of the Empire?
    Did Luke get a girl?
    Plotholes from TCW:
    What happened to Ashoka?
    What happened to Ventress?
    What happened to Maul? (Will be adressed in comic book form)
    What happend to the Zillo-Beast?

Regarding Jedi/Sith artifacts:
    I guess that holocrons are canon, since they were officially introduced in TCW and Leeland Chee is the official keeper of the holocron...
    Last edited by TtheForceHurts, Jan 23, 2014
  12. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Jar Jar Binks was put on a spit roast by the Ewok's & every last bit of him was calved up & eaten just to make sure no trace of the waste of space was ever seen again....
  13. TheBBP Force Ghost

star 4
    I can see the potential.

[IMG]
  14. Darth PJ Force Ghost

star 4
    None of these are really plot holes and there aren't any real plot holes at the end of ROTJ - well non that can't be explained in a sentence. :)
  15. TheBBP Force Ghost

star 4
    Lots of unanswered questions to fill the gap though. I suppose that is what any focus on the Big 3 and a bit of exposition could cover.
  16. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4

1) How is this a plot hole? They served their purpose for the plot.
    2) How is this a plot hole? As far as I can tell as the story stands, all of these characters have wrapped their roles up rather nicely. Until we know the plot of the ST we don't know if any of them will even be needed.
    3) OK. You're taking the mickey now :p
    4) Don't know, don't care. Again, how is this a plot hole?
    5) Not a plot hole as it stands. Once again, we need to know the plot of the ST and it's a question the ST should answer, but it's not a plot hole right now. IF, in the ST, the Sith do return and yet the prophecy and the chosen one are not mentioned at all, then it could be considered a plot hole I suppose. But right now you're a bit quick off the starting blocks.
    Darth Raiden likes this.
  17. EviL_eLF Force Ghost

star 4
    Questions left unanswered =/= plot hole.
    Ganger likes this.
  18. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    Indeed, I get that unanswered questions (pertaining to the plot) = plot holes

But all of the questions above are not raised because of the plot, they are raised because the person asking the questions is interested, NOT because the plot dictates it. :)

We don't know what the plot of the ST is yet ;)
  19. Pfluegermeister Force Ghost

star 4
    What's the point? This is just yet another one of this person's unnecessary and/or redundant threads. And didn't the mods specifically threaten to ban him if he did this one more time?

In before the lock.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    [IMG]
    You don't want to sell me redundant topics.
    You want to go home and rethink your life.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.