main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What plotline, character or scene in the entire Saga irritates you the most?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Hudnall, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo-Evenstar

Solo-Evenstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2005
    Um, does anyone else think Lando is utterly useless?
    Wedge could've blown up the Death Star.

I also hate the Jedi Rocks number, and Chewie's Tarzan yell.

But what gets me is the whole- 'We'd be living a lie"
    line. Why put something like that in there, when in about twenty minutes they will be making out anyway?
    WHYYYYYY!

I have no great love for Padme-shudder

I like Hayden at the end of ROTJ, though

2. AlanBradbury

AlanBradbury Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    Plotwise, here's the one that puzzles me...
    When Anakin says that he will come back and free his mother, he sure takes his time about it.
    For someone who is 'a cunning warrior' as well as being 'the best starpilot in the galaxy' a quick trip to Tattooine wouldn't seem much of a stretch to free your mum from slavery. Especially when you're supposed to be one of the galaxy's guardians of justice. Which does tend to make the whole slaughter thing seem a bit contrived. Still, there you go.

Characterwise, this one sort of annoys me...
    The bloke with the big sideburns in the Cantina on Tattooine, he looks more like a truck driver from Salford in 1962 than a freighter pilot from a distant galaxy. It always stops my suspension of disbelief when I see him!

Scenewise, the way they changed the movie into Han Solo shooting Greedo first is really a travesty. What was the point of that? Especially when you notice the way Harrison Ford gets up and walks out just before he says 'sorry about the mess'. He looks really stiff and awkward, which is probably just bad acting in all honesty. But it kind of suited the original plot of him nailing the guy first and feeling all eyes were upon him. Now it just looks like bad acting.

Having said all that, of course we're aware that the original 1977 Star Wars 'Episode 4' movie was made because George Lucas wanted to film what he considered the most feasible and exciting segment of his story with the budget he had available. And in doing that he probably tweeked the storyline to suit that, never really considering it would all have to be sewn up many years later in follow-up movies and prequels. He would certainly be unaware at the time that everyone would be analysing it all in minute detail years later. Imagine how you'd feel if everyone judged you today on something you wrote twenty five years ago!
    Things that annoy me in the more recent movies are perhaps an unfair comparison. I think plot devices such as the one I mentioned and the massive reliance on CGI sum up what's basically missing with the more recent Star Wars movies. I can still remember when I was a schoolkid reading up on the then forthcoming Star Wars with real excitement, eventually watching it one Saturday afternoon way back when it was released and being truly amazed at how great it was. Full of innovative camera work and special effects that were indeed very special for the time. These days we take it as read that directors can pretty much put whatever they want on film in a fairly convincing manner, and that's why the newer movies will never have the magic of the original first one.
    I guess you had to be around at the time of its original release to appreciate what a massive cinematic leap Star Wars was. That was a time when no-one had video recorders and when pocket calculators, digital watches and the Spectrum ZX-81 computer were pieces of wondrous new technology! It's no wonder Star Wars seemed like magic. Check out some sci-fi and fantasy films from pre '77 if you want a comparison. About the only ones that stand up against Star Wars for effects are 2001: A Space Odyssey and Forbidden Planet.

PS Hello all, this is my first post on this forum.

3. darth_johnman

darth_johnman Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2005
    Yes! That issue of Anakin not freeing Shmi earlier rather baffled me as well. I suspect it has something to do with total devotion to the Jedi Order, putting personal feelings aside and not interfering with people's day-to-day lives, but considering Anakin's rather petulant nature at times in Ep 2 I would have expected him to have attempted to free Shmi - and not waited 10 years to do it!

Although, perhaps the guilt Anakin carries for not doing something sooner (and potentially saving her life) is one of the factors that pushes him to the dark side.

Solo-Evenstar: I wouldn't say Lando is entirely useless, although there was really only 1 1/4 movies to develop his character in. Lando played a pivotal part in destroying Death Star 2, since it seems two attack craft are needed to destroy it - Wedge had to take out the power regulator on the north tower leaving Lando to destroy the reactor itself (or so I always assumed - I'm not an expert on such things). He also led the attack on the DS2 and the fleet protecting it. In addition he helped infiltrate Jabba's palace (probably providing Luke and Leia with information vital to the rescue of Han).

And finally, I do have to agree that the brother-sister Luke-Leia thing was silly (and creepy with that ESB kiss). The relationship between those 3 did not have to develop into a love triangle, since as we know Luke dedicates his life to the Jedi Order (although I guess he'd be the only member of it-hmm).

4. jeditiller

jeditiller Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2005
    The scene that gets to me the most is C-3PO in the Droid Factory in AOTC. That just kills me. It was like GL said, okay people didn't like Jar Jar, but I tell the same type of jokes with 3po and people will like it!

Jar Jar I actually don't mind because at least he has life and is a full fledge character, annoying granted, but that's way better than stiff characters. I enjoy TPM and ATOC for all of the "side" characters, unfortunately not the main ones. Obi-wan was much more enjoyable in EP2, than EP1

And the Anakin Padme "love" scenes, or should I say stalker scenes.

And in the OT it's the new song at Jabba's in ROTJ SE (thought I was going to say the Jabba scene in ANH...)

GL himself said that it doesn't fit a Star Wars movie, which is why he said he put it in, I say for that reason put it out.

I'm easy to please, edit out C-3PO in ATOC and I've got no real complaints.

5. Emperors_Royal_Guard

Emperors_Royal_Guard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2004
    ok i would have to say when luke force chockes jabbas gaurds

6. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    Anakin did free his mother. Sort of. He did release her from the tuskens, and I guess allowed her to die happy, having seen him again.

Jar Jar is the 1 think I dislike.

7. Quietman77

Quietman77 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2000
    I can't pick just one. As much as I love Star Wars, there are a number of things that I really wish had been done differently:

* Anakin is 9, and Padme is 14 during TPM. I believe that most of the problems with the Prequel Trilogy can be traced to this premise.

First of all, it set a general tone for TPM that was geared too much for children, and not enough for adults. More than that, though, it meant that the love story had to be stuffed into AOTC, rather than developed in a more subtle, intelligent way.

Plus, it guaranteed that Anakin would have to be cast twice (thus making it more difficult to identify with the character), turned him into a relative lightweight during TPM. (No disrespect to Jake Lloyd, but he was too young to be an action hero.) Also, it's ridiculous that 9 years is too old to begin Jedi training.

Furthermore, the Naboo must be idiots to put their lives in the hands of a girl who was barely through puberty... You get the idea.

* Luke and Leia are twins. It added virtually nothing to Leia's character, and IMHO was a rather gutless way to resolve the Luke-Leia-Han "love triangle". I'd have had huge respect for all three if Leia had made the tough choice, if Luke had accepted her choice and stepped aside, and if he and Leia/Han had somehow remained close friends in spite of it all.

Speaking of which, the scene in ESB where Leia kisses Luke to make Han jealous is, in retrospect, REALLY GROSS.

* Jedi aren't allowed to love or have families. Given the daily, life-and-death risks that the Jedi take, their existance is more than just a "...hard life..." It borders on cruelty.

Besides, this policy is self-defeating; since Force-sensitivity isn't something that can be taught, you'd think that the Jedi Order would encourage their members to reproduce, not suppress it.

* Anakin as The Chosen One. From watching the OT, I got the impression that, even though he was an inherently fantastic starpilot, his real power, and danger, came from the fact that he was driven by his personal demons. I assumed that he was able to help destroy the Jedi because he simply worked harder, and was more ruthless, than they were.

Writing him as the Child of Destiny made him considerably LESS interesting to me.

In a similar vein, I don't like the fact that he was "...spawned by midichlorians..." I don't mind the concept of midichlorians as a plot device to approximatley measure Force sensitivity, but anything more is too much.

* The Ewoks as a military force. Even if the OT Stormtroopers were inferior copies-of-copies-of-copies-of-Jango, or unmotivated draftees (or a combination of both) they still shouldn't have been overcome by enraged teddy-bears, aremed with sticks, rocks, and poorly-made archery equipment.

* Finally, the last thing that irritated me was the relative lack of information that we have on Palpatine. Yes, we know that he's bad-to-the-bone, but WHY is he? What motivates him? Where did he come from? Was he badly traumatized at some point in his life? Does he kill dispassionately, simply for political and personal gain, or is he a true psychopath?

Anyway, if you've read all of this, thank you for indulging me :)

Q77

P.S. I just read through the thread, and I didn't realize that the Luke-Leia as brother-sister had already been discussed as much as it had. My appologies for being so derivative.

8. Wampa_Love

Wampa_Love Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    The worst part IMHO is the characterizations of young Anakin and Obi Wan in the prequels. I never ever thought Anakin Skywalker would be such a whiny little brat. We never see him as a good Jedi, or a good friend. I was also hoping to see the reckless Obi Wan spoken of in TESB. I always felt Lucas skimped on Obi Wan's back-story, that making the Jedi like a bunch of priests who had been raised in a monastery was a cop-out.

Apart from that, it's all good- except for Jar-Jar. I hope he gets the Vader choke/ Palpatine lightning combo.

9. Wampa_Love

Wampa_Love Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    >>How else would Luke have ended up being raised on Tatooine by his aunt and uncle? It seems logical that Luke's family lineage would be from there.

Actually, the original script of ROTJ (and the novel) has Obi Wan tell Luke that Owen Lars was HIS (Obi-Wan's) brother. I was always disappointed that Lucas didn't play this out in the prequels, as it would have been a bit smoother than "Hi, I'm Owen Lars? and this is my chubby girlfriend Beru."

10. Ashandarei

Ashandarei Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    Plotline: Boba Fett being a clone. A CLONE. Argh.

Character: Jar-Jar Binks. Fairly obvious why, I think.

Scene: The end of the Anakin/Dooku duel in AOTC. Up to that point it was tolerable, but at the end, Anakin just stands there and lets Dooku cut his arm off. I literally got up and shouted "WHAT THE ****?!" in the movie theater. Felt so damn ripped off. Almost as bad as this scene is Darth Maul's sudden attack of paralysis as Obi-wan takes about 3 seconds to jump up, grab a lightsaber, flip over Maul's head and cut him in half. Ugh.

11. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    Ani: " I'm a person! and my name is Anakin!" bad acting!

Ani:"I don't like sand."

Jar Jar: anything

You know what would be funny?

A Jar Jar dance seen in the senate chamber!

I can see it now:

Palpatine: ...and I conclude the Republic be turned into an Empire!"

silence

a pod comes drifting to the center of the chamber. It contains Jar Jar and clone troopers.

Jar Jar: Meesa pupose i maksa i stand. Here isaa go:

the senate chamber is suddenly filled with loud music. A memorizing beat is heard.

Jar Jar: Meesa's milkshake brung de boyz to da yard and dare like its betta den yours! dammy right its bedda den yours! Meesa teach ya, but meesa have to charge.

The senate chamber is in awe of what just happened. The they start cheering,

Senate chamber: Jar Jar for emperor! Jar Jar for emperor!

Palpatine smacks himself in the forehead."why? why?"

Palpatine shoots lightening out of his hands towrads Jar Jar.

Jar Jar: Chancellro Palpy! Oh no!

Jar falls over the edge from his pod.

A subtle thump is heard as Jar hits the bottom of the chamber.

Palpatine crackles a loud laugh.

12. wanamba

wanamba Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2005
    OT FAN. MArk Hamil is terrible. As is Hayden. Part of the problem with HAyden is George Lucas' inability to wrtie a script that includes dialogue that normal human beings would actually say. I mean its real bad at times. The best Star Wars film is ESB because Kasden coscripted, hence it is good. I don't hate ewoks, and i think JAR JAR is in the film too much, but i don't HATE his character. I agree that Hamill is whiny as hell, but Lloyd is a kid, and kids can be whiney. but he is annoying. Remeber when everyone thought Dicaprio was gonna be Anakin and screamed about it? He would have been 100x better than Hayden.

13. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Nothinh about hayden bothers me. I'm sure episode 3 will change our POV.

I think Jar Jar is in TPM to much. I think if they gave him a differnt way of speaking that would be ok. I like the gungan culture and it's fairly interesting.

There isn't really much that i would want out.

A few lines acrosse the saga seem misplaced. This is not an attribute to PT. So don't be so near sighted to say the PT is crap. ITs in all the movies.

dkt

14. Jawa_to_Jedi

Jawa_to_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    Howdy, fellow Jedi.

It can be said, generally, that the OT beats out the PT anyday. And to that I agree. But neither are perfect. I want SE/Original version DVD's! Boba's voice was so cool! The other guy sounds like he's reading off a script!

The worst scene: There are a few. I mean the love scenes in AOTC were pretty bad, but seemed to improve a bit in my eyes with repeated viewings. Maybe it's just me. But the worst scene is where John Williams has this excellent (and quite grand) Jedi theme going as Anakin is escaping the burning Droid Control Ship. This was really cool until he said, "Now this is pod racing!" Gah!

The worst plotline: I can see how the desert air would age anyone pretty quick. The sand and blistering heat does that. No, the thing I want to see is for Episode III to tie up all these loose ends. Many of you talk about the Anakin/Obi relation and of things mentioned in the OT that haven't quite been present. Please be there to wrap these movies together!

On a seperate note, the Jar-Jar Senate scene would be hilarious.

And one of you hinted at it, but this "there is no father" Anakin-thing doesn't automatically point to a Jesus-like scenario. When I heard that in the movie, it sounded to me (backed by her slave background) that she had been raped by her captors in the past. AND I DON'T MEAN WATTO! <shudder> That would mean that there was no father to this child; someone to parent and model himself for the child.

Though he could be the Star Wars Savior...

15. Plaidleader

Plaidleader Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    Hello to All,

I've been a force.net reader since 2000, just never had the time for forums.

I just wanted to comment on everyone's opinions (as a whole) on this particular subject.

Here goes...

I remember growing up with Star Wars in the 80's and being so awestruck by it. Just like most of us would agree, the movies had a very magical appeal, and now as an adult I realize this had a lot to do with my age at the time.

Now that I'm older (smarter, more mature, analytical, etc.) I'm just like the rest of you-
    I can pick out details all throughout the Saga that could be defined as illogical, silly, ridiculous, wasteful, etc. etc. but in the grand scheme of things, they don't make me ill toward GL or make me wish I could CHANGE anything, simply because NOTHING can please everyone. What I choose to take comfort in is the fact that GL is the creator, and if he includes certain elements (ewoks, 2headed announcers, etc.) or wants to modify things here and there, I'm cool with that. It's HIS creation, after all, that I have been wowed by ever since I was a kid.

One last thing...please make sure we all leave room for ROTS to fill in some of the deficiencies (like character makeups).

May the force be with you.

16. Darth_Dookoo

Darth_Dookoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Hmmm...nothing in the original trilogy really bothers me...theres some parts where a particularly corny line (usually Mark Hamill's, it has to be said), make me cringe and look away, but other than that, I love the last three episodes completely.

Its the prequel trilogy that bothers me most.
    I usually have to skip the entire Tatooine sequence in Phantom Menace, cause i cant bear that brat - the dinner scene ("You say the biggest problem in this universe is noone helps each other" - eurgh) is bad, the entire podrace, Anakin's farewell to his mother, etc etc, all just really bad stuff...also the Otoh Gunga parts, and the Gungan Sacred Place bit, though I can frequently watch these no problem.

Attack of the Clones is even worse, cause I really dont think Hayden Christensen is a believable hero - he's more whiny than Luke...all this "its not far" crap...this is the real world, get used to it...

ah, sorry - where was I...ah yes, AotC. Anakin bothers me, so theres the bit in Padme's apartment, the speeder chase, the departing Coruscant/Arrival at Theed bit (which is a shame, cause I think Naboo is one of the best additions George has made with this trilogy), the nightmare (I tend to laugh when that comes on, but thats another story), the whole Tatooine bit again, and the droid factory scene. I do like the duel though at the end...but there, the focus is on Christopher Lee (Dooku is another great addition to the saga).

The things I'm worried about in RotS? Well, I dont know whether this is 3SA, so I'll leave it there

:)

17. Trooper89

Trooper89 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Well, I'll give my quick version of annoying scenes and actors:
    1-TPM-The kid who played Anakin in *shiver* That's the future Dark Lord of the Sith? Too sweet, too kind and...blonde?
    2-ANH-The lightsaber battle between Obi-wan and Vader on the Death Star....well, I believe Anakin and Obi-wan are going to do MUCH better in ROTS, so why do they "suck" later in ANH? Shouldn't they be better?I realize GL hadn't seen what SW would become, but it is still going to look strange watching the saga in order
    3-ROTJ- The fact that a small furry race of aliens murders the Empire's best with STONES and STICKS?! I wouldn't care if I had seen them all with stolen blasters or more Rebels fightng but....stones and sticks *shakes head*

Those are the only ones I can think of that annoy me a lot, most of the others I can deal with.

18. Qui-Gon-Strat

Qui-Gon-Strat Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    One small thing that has always bothered me: During the final duel between Luke and Vader, Lukes's lightsaber is swinging all over and crashing into things right before he cuts off Vader's hand. If he's enraged enough to be overpowering Vader, shouldn't his saber blows have enough force to cut through the thin guardrails of the gantry they're standing on? Not a big thing, but it's always struck me as a little odd.

In response to a couple of things I've read in this thread:

I always thought having Luke use the "force choke" on Jabba's guards was a neat touch. It's the first we see of him since ESB, and using a darkside power shows that there is some conflict within him.

And in regards to Boba Fett being a clone in ATOC -- he was a clone from the beginning. I was 10 when ESB was first released, and I remember mention of him being a clone on the package of a free promotional action figure I was given before the movie's release. Actually, before ATOC, I always pictured the Clone Army to be wearing Fett style armor.

19. Plaidleader

Plaidleader Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    hey Trooper89,

The Vader/Obi-Wan scene in ANH makes perfect sense.
    Here we are talking about two much older men, one whose body was dismembered and mangled, necessitating it be rebuilt out of machinery complete with breathing apparatus, and the other a guy who's been living in the desert as a hermit for the last 30 years, and I seriously doubt he kept up his sabre practice. Therefore in my opinion, these guys were lucky to even remember how to turn the darn things on.

The same thing about Vader supports why a young upstart Jedi like Luke was able to beat him (and why Palpatine wanted a replacement).

Just some thoughts.

20. robb1068

robb1068 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    Now granted, I haven't seen Episode 3 yet, but why would they hide one of Anakin's children on his former homeworld and let him keep the same last name?

21. Trooper89

Trooper89 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Plaidleader,
    I can understand how you can think that, because I thought the exact same thing about Vader and Obi-wan. However, there are three reasons for my thinking:
    1- If you believe in EU , then there are several comics and books that refer to Vader practicing his skills against droids. However, he abandons these and is confronted by a greater enemy.
    2- If you do not believe in EU, then you must realize that Anakin/Vader did not kill all the jedi at once. He began hunting them over the years, slowly but efficiently. I don't think stormtroopers killed the rest of the jedi, and Vader most likely didn't use anything other than a lightsaber to kill them, so Vader should have been very good with one in ANH.
    3- Obi-wan clearly knew what he was doing in ANH because it took him 2sec. to chop off someones hand in the Mos Eisley cantina.

The only thing I think is going to be odd, is when we watch them in order. We see a great battle between the two in ROTS, and then we pop the next movie and... Kenobi just dies.
    I hope you see my point of view

22. grrandram

grrandram Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2005
    PT
    There are too many aliens that we never see again. Gungans, Nemoidians, Watto, etc.

The overall look of the PT is worlds apart from the OT and it doesn't blend from Episode III to Episode IV. Every location is too busy. Every scene is too busy. The ships, costumes, droids, and technologies are so intricate, that they seem out of place with the OT.

Plotline is soooooo convoluted. Trade Federation?!? whatever. This is an entirely different galaxy and they are bogged down by a trade dispute.

The Midichlorians was a lame idea. They should have just had Qui Gon and Obi Wan sense that Anakin was "strong with the Force".

The diner scene with the big hairy spider and robotic waitress was stupid and too reality based. Same with the Hot Rod speeders, and the Sports Bar on Coruscant.

Jango Fett had his helmet off way too much. We never saw Boba Fett without his helmet, but in AOTC we hardly ever see him with it on.

Only the Naboo starfighter and the Royal Starship were cool enough to be made into toys and models. All of the other ships were ugly or they weren't designed to be self supporting (star sailor, pod racers, droid ships).

The pod race went on way too long. The time could have been spent advancing the story and building character development.

Yoda doesn't look like Yoda in Episode 1. He's UGLY.

CGI is used way too much throughout. Just because he can, doesn't mean he should. We're beyond the point of awe. We know what can be done with computers. Stop over using it.

Again, every scene is jam packed full of stuff. It's way too busy.

I don't like how we're kept in the dark about who is Sypho Dias, and why we never get to see what Darth Sidious/Chancellor Palpatine is doing when nobody is around.

In the OT, it seemed that Jedi Knights were humans. In the PT. There's one Jedi Knight of every alien race. And just one. I think the only Jedi Knight I haven't seen is a Greedo Jedi Knight. I've seen the Oola Jedi Knights.

Why isn't there a Wookiee Jedi Knight, a Gungan Jedi Knight or a Calamari Jedi Knight? See what I mean?

It's dumb that C3PO was built on Tatooine, and he had no protective covering, but when he returns in ANH, he has no memory of it and he acts like he might not be able to survive the conditions. I know, I know, his memory was erased, but as a droid, he should have been able to determine that the conditions weren't going to be unbearable.

I think that's about it so far on the PT. I will have to do the OT later. Later.

23. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    :::There are too many aliens that we never see again. Gungans, Nemoidians, Watto, etc.

We see all of those in AOTC. But in Ep. IV-IV (the vaunted "OT'), what real opportunity in the storyline was there to see Gungans, Nemoidians, or (most likely, or not, considering he lives in Mos Espa, not Mos Eisley) Watto?

:::The overall look of the PT is worlds apart from the OT and it doesn't blend from Episode III to Episode IV.

Wait Till Ep. III.

:::Every location is too busy. Every scene is too busy. The ships, costumes, droids, and technologies are so intricate, that they seem out of place with the OT.

Naturally. Episodes I-II (and III?) are like any nation before a completely oppressive totalitarian state takes over. Episodes IV-VI are the aftermath of such an event.

:::plotline is soooooo convoluted. Trade Federation?!? whatever. This is an entirely different galaxy and they are bogged down by a trade dispute.

No. Same galaxy, different focus.

:::The Midichlorians was a lame idea. They should have just had Qui Gon and Obi Wan sense that Anakin was "strong with the Force".

The Midichlorians are just another distraction.

As we know, the Jedi are *very* distracted in Episodes I-III...

:::The diner scene with the big hairy spider and robotic waitress was stupid and too reality based. Same with the Hot Rod speeders, and the Sports Bar on Coruscant.

Or the dive bar on Tatooine, the garbage masher on the Death Star, or the banquet hall on Cloud City, or the radar dish on the Millennium Falcon...

:::Jango Fett had his helmet off way too much. We never saw Boba Fett without his helmet, but in AOTC we hardly ever see him with it on.

Jango only had his helmet off when he was kicking back; with his son, with his boss, or other times he felt 'secure' enough.

Boba, apparently, was always on the job. Besides, he knew it made him look (ooooh, awwww) 'mysterious'.

:::eek:nly the Naboo starfighter and the Royal Starship were cool enough to be made into toys and models. All of the other ships were ugly or they weren't designed to be self supporting (star sailor, pod racers, droid ships).

What about the Jedi Starfighter?

:::The pod race went on way too long. The time could have been spent advancing the story and building character development.

Which characters? The "cringe inducing" Jar Jar, or the "wooden" Anakin? At that point, there's not much to develop.

:::Yoda doesn't look like Yoda in Episode 1. He's UGLY.

Yep, Yoda's always been a real cutie. lol

:::CGI is used way too much throughout. Just because he can, doesn't mean he should. We're beyond the point of awe. We know what can be done with computers. Stop over using it.

OK. I call upon Congress, the AAMPAS, the ACLU, and whosoever will listen, to BAN the 'over use' od CGI, immediately, if not sooner!!

<crickets>

:::Again, every scene is jam packed full of stuff. It's way too busy.

That's why they're so fun to watch, over, and over, and over, and...

:::I don't like how we're kept in the dark about who is Sypho Dias,

And I didn't like it how we weren't going to be *absolutely* sure if Vader was lying about being Luke's father for THREE YEARS!!

But it's called Star Wars, kid: Deal with it.

:::and why we never get to see what Darth Sidious/Chancellor Palpatine is doing when nobody is around.

For one thing, that's None Of Your Bee's-Wax. Savvy?

:::In the OT, it seemed that Jedi Knights were humans.

Well, of the ***three*** that were left, one was human; Obi-Wan, one was Yoda, and one (although he was human) was a Sith....

:::In the PT. There's one Jedi Knight of every alien race. And just one. I think the only Jedi Knight I haven't seen is a Greedo Jedi Knight. I've seen the Oola Jedi Knights.

:::Why isn't there a Wookiee Jedi Knight, a Gungan Jedi Knight or a Calamari Jedi Knight? See what I mean?

Maybe there are? Hopefully, we will get to see Vader hunt down and destroy all of them in Episiode III. *G*

:::It's dumb that C3PO was built on Tatooine, and he had no prote

24. fcowher

fcowher Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2005
    I hate Han Solo. He is so fake. Why couldn't GL have created a character that people actually like. I wish he would have been killed in IV. I hate SOLO! He ruins the entire OT.

25. grrandram

grrandram Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2005
    Funny you are, yes. Make me laugh out loud.

:::This is an entirely different galaxy and they are bogged down by a trade dispute.

No. Same galaxy, different focus. :::

I meant this is an entirely different galaxy than OURS. I know it's the same galaxy in the PT and the
    OT.

:::What about the Jedi Starfighter? :::

We are not impressed. It's a snooze. ZZZZzzzz

:::Which characters? The "cringe inducing" Jar Jar, or the "wooden" Anakin? At that point, there's not much to develop. :::

I kind of hope that Jar Jar doesn't get his hand out of the engine in time. Also fart jokes aren't funny in a movie, they're only funny with your friends.

:::eek:K. I call upon Congress, the AAMPAS, the ACLU, and whosoever will listen, to BAN the 'over use' od CGI, immediately, if not sooner!!:::

There ought to be a Law, I tell you.

:::And I didn't like it how we weren't going to be *absolutely* sure if Vader was lying about being Luke's father for THREE YEARS!! :::

I never doubted it. Why would Vader have lied. Luke felt it. He knew it to be true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.