main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What plotline, character or scene in the entire Saga irritates you the most?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Hudnall, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper89

Trooper89 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    fcowher-
    How can you think Han Solo as an annoying character in Sw?! "He is more of a representation than a character" said GL. Han represents greed and selfishness, that later transforms into a caring leader. GL was using Han Solo as a way to communicate a message to people, rather than using him as an extremely important character.

2. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    :::Funny you are, yes. Make me laugh out loud.

Thanks. *big Jar Jar grin*

::::::This is an entirely different galaxy and they are bogged down by a trade dispute.

::::::No. Same galaxy, different focus.

:::I meant this is an entirely different galaxy than OURS. I know it's the same galaxy in the PT and the OT.

Then what's your point? People in other (fictional) galaxies can't have trade disputes, Senates, drug smugglers, and garbage mashers, just like we do?

I fail to see your logic.

::::::What about the Jedi Starfighter? :::

:::We are not impressed. It's a snooze. ZZZZzzzz

To each his/her own... but it's the prototype for the *SPOLIER*, how cool can that be?

::::::Which characters? The "cringe inducing" Jar Jar, or the "wooden" Anakin? At that point, there's not much to develop.

:::I kind of hope that Jar Jar doesn't get his hand out of the engine in time.

That would have been 'quaint'...

:::Also fart jokes aren't funny in a movie, they're only funny with your friends.

OK.... What?

::::::And I didn't like it how we weren't going to be *absolutely* sure if Vader was lying about being Luke's father for THREE YEARS!! :::

:::I never doubted it. Why would Vader have lied.

Vader is EVIL. Vader lied to Lando, for example, so why couldn't he find it in his evil heart to lie to Luke?

His mission was to turn him to the Dark Side by any and all means at his disposal, or kill him.

:::Luke felt it. He knew it to be true.

Luke was on the fast-track to the Dark Side, Yoda said as much. And even HE had to ask Yoda to find out for sure.

I like the Sifo-Dyas suspense.

3. grrandram

grrandram Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2005
    The OT

There's not much I didn't like about the OT. One thing I have learned to accept and live with are all the continuity discrepancies in the story. I don't buy that what Ben told Luke about his father and Darth Vader was "the truth from a certain point of view". It's clear that Ben was talking about two different living, breathing individuals. Not one becoming the other, etc.

If Anakin didn't know about the twins, then why does Ben tell Luke, "Your father wanted you to have this, when you were old enough" as he hands him the lightsaber.

Why didn't Darth Vader know about Luke since he kept the name Skywalker and lived with his step-brother?

The "Who Shoots First" controversy. I understood when Han says "over my dead body" and Greedo says "That's the idea" or something like that, that he would kill Han and collect the reward from Jabba. So Han really had no choice but to shoot him. That's how it is when one is a smuggler and a scoundrel. For Lucas to change it so Greedo shoots first, and then change it again so they shoot at the same time is ridiculous. What difference does it make? Then for the rest of the movie Han, Luke and Leia are blasting Stormtroopers left and right, but that's okay? Even when the Stormtroopers didn't shoot first?

I didn't like that Ben was killed off in ANH, and because he was an important character, he had to appear as a ghost in ESB and ROTJ.

I didn't like that Biggs was killed.

Leia is feisty and strong in ANH and ESB, but as soon as she and Han express their true feelings for each other, she becomes so passive. She loses all of her fire and mopes around daydreaming about being Mrs. Han Solo.

After ANH, we never see Leia's hair in the infamous cinnamon bun hairdo.

In ESB, Luke was on Dagobah for what seemed like only a few days. He didn't go through the Jedi Trials. Luke wants to leave and go to Cloud City. Yoda tells him that he must complete his training. But he leaves anyway. After ESB, I'm not sure exactly how long it was before he returned to Dagobah, but when he does in ROTJ, Yoda is dying? From what? Yoda also tells him that he is now a Jedi. If it was that easy, then why have them start training when they are infants?

The holographic Emperor in ESB didn't look like the Emperor in ROTJ. when they changed the look in the DVD version, they didn't need to rewrite the scene too. In the original version the Emp says, "the son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi..." in the rewrite he speculates that he "could be the son of Skywalker". Since Luke's name is Skywalker, and if Darth Vader is obsessed with finding him (as the opening scroll states), then how come they don't know that Luke is indeed his son?

Sy Snootles band in the original version and especially in the special edition was awful and really wasn't necessary and didn't fit into the story. The dancers were lame.

Salacious Crumb was so fake looking and one of the most annoying creatures.

All the muppet like creatures are lame in ROTJ.

It was lame the way Boba Fett was or was not killed off. He was built up so much in ESB and then meets his demise because his rocket pack was accidentally broken. Burp.

Did Lando really need to adjust his helmet to show it was him? We aren't blind.

Too much time was spent in Jabba's palace overall.

C-3PO became such a campy queen by ROTJ. He was too emotional and afraid of everything. He's a droid.

The Ewoks look soooooo phony. Like little people in bear pajamas.

Nien Nunb was fake looking and I hated the way he spoke.

The lobster heads were fake looking and how did they get to be so important in the Rebellion? Giving orders and everything?

The revealing of Anakin Skywalker was such a big disappointment. In ESB, when we got that glimpse of the back of his head, he looked somewhat horrific, but when the helmet was taken off in ROTJ, he was a feeble old egghead.

Jabba the Hut is too small and skinny in the special edition of ANH, and he looks dark and hairy in the DVD version.

Afte

4. JawaChef

JawaChef Jedi Master star 3

Feb 13, 2001
    But by far, the most annoying scene is the "Jedi Rocks" music video. I was like, Oh Force! Lucas, what were you thinking putting that in there! That's totally not Star Wars at all! It's just stupid! Not to mention the name. Why in Jabba's Palace, when the Jedi were supposedly extinct or something, would they be singing that? But yeah, that scene made me cringe.

Well, Jabba's been around, hasn't he? I'm sure he remembers the Jedi quite well. I think the song is probably a favorite of Jabba's, (probably an oldie from his younger days ;)) and the band has to please him or end up visiting with the rancor. Personally, the scene cracks me up. Jabba has tacky tastes, why wouldn't he request a song and dance number like that one?

5. swfan41

swfan41 Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2005
    For all of the scenes and characters and plots that have been listed, the part that is the most frustrating to me is the movement from live action to digital in TPM and AOTC.

I mean, consider what made the OT so great; the way it seemed real, from a certain point of view!!!

The over-use of digital technology has made the films lose their original appeal. Think about the battle between Dooku and Yoda. Most of that seemed out of place because it was all digital. I also feel the old Stormtroopers looked much better than the Clone Troopers, simply because there were people under the helmets, not just an image.

The films are great, and I can't wait for may 19th, but I just wish the films felt like films again. George should take his own advice: "Don't be too proud of the technilogical terror you have contructed,..." (I am sure I am mis-quoting in some way) To take it further, "the power to create an actor digitally is insignificant, next to a real actor with real lines!!" ... and you can quote me on that!

6. Carnage45C

Carnage45C Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2005
    Here's my most irritating stuff from the movies:

Episode 1
    Pretty much everything with Jake Lloyd. The kid was a terrible actor. The fact that Darth Maul (the best thing about the movie) died so damn fast.

Episode 2:
    In just about every scene with Anakin, he's apologizing for something or Obi-Wan is calling him "My young apprentice/padawan." The nightmare scene. Really who didn't think he was dreaming more about Padme?

Episode 3:
    To be filled in later.

Episode 4:
    Darth Vader is supposed to be the second most powerful man in the empire, and yet he acts like a lackey to Grand MOff Tarkin.

Episode 5:
    When Chewbacca is in that cell and the alarm is blaring, he pulls on a board dangling from the ceiling and it stops. When Luke arrives at Cloud City, there is no one anywhere except for Boba Fett and Imperial Agents.

Episode 6:
    The ewoks. All the burping. That was totally pointless. Again Darth Vader's character. I think in episode 5 was his best time, pretty much ready to do anything to find Luke. In Jedi, it's almost like he doesn't care anymore. In the scene's with Luke and the Emperor, he seems so worried about his son. Wouldn't that make him look weak to the Emperor?

7. tikkijedi

tikkijedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2004
    I do not really like the Qui Gon Jinn character either, but that could be because I don't really like Liam Neeson as an actor.

Someone said that Jar Jar did not serve a purpose. I could be wrong but I always thought he did. Without him there would have been no way to unify the inhabitants of Naboo to defeat the Trade Federation and there also would have been no one to easily influence in the Senate to grant the Palpatine emergency power.

8. Sergeant_Steiner

Sergeant_Steiner Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2002
    Episode 1

The scenes with Jake Lloyd in them he is the worst actor by far. Anikan should have been a teenager in Ep 1 as by making him a small boy it makes the love affair in Ep 2 between Padame and Ankian less believeable. An older actor might have put in a better performance

Al the scenes with Jar Jar in them, he is by far the worst character ....

Episode 2 - The delivery of the love affair between Padame and Anikan was just awful film making. Thank god for DVD players and the scene skip button as without it AOTC would be unwatchable. The two leads obviously received very little direction and flounder almost from the first line of the terrible dialogue they were forced to utter. Padame herself hasn't aged at all in 10 years and despite fact she should be in her mid to late 20s she actually looks younger than Anikan . The love affair between Han and Leia was far better handled in Ep V & VI.

Ep VI Lucas should have stuck with his original intention and used the Wookies and not the Ewoks.

9. WeerDoomed

WeerDoomed Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2005
    In the OT, the main characters were a band of friends on an adventure against great odds. Audiences immediately cared for this unusual group of people - a farmer boy, a princess, a smuggler, a furry ape, the droids, and the wise wizard. A classic adventure scenario. Plus, the Millennium Falcon was always about to break down. There was genuine situational humor in the OT. The mythology and the special effects were merely scenery. People loved these characters (especially Han Solo - He was the most important character to Star Wars because without him - and Harrison Ford's acting - people wouldn't have flocked repeatedly to the movies again and again - just think about it for a while, and remove Harrison Ford from the movies and see what you get...)

In the PT, there is virtually none of this camaraderie that made the OT so appealing. There is no Han Solo-type character. We feel none of the emotional connection to Obi Wan or Anakin. There are no clear bad-guys (Who is good? The Trade Federation? The Republic? Who knows???). My theory is that this difference is very intentional on Lucas' part, because it creates a nice contrast - The period of rebellion is messy and against all odds and very different from the PT. This can be seen by comparing the designs of the spacecraft and sets from the PT to the OT (and has been pointed out on many occassions).

So I guess for me the most irritating thing in the Star Wars movies is the absence in the PT of what made the OT so special - likeable, funny, interesting characters facing an impossible mission.

The acting and dialog in all the movies was somewhat stiff, there were irritating characters in both PT and OT (Ewoks and Jar Jar), the military strategies and outcomes of some of the situations were ridiculous, and the mystery of the Force is always much more enjoyable as a mystery as opposed to a scientific truth.

But I grew up with Star Wars, and they are still my favorite movies, bar none - But Lord of the Rings was pretty darn awesome.

By the way, the best scene in any Star Wars movie: The asteroid-field chase in ESB. The music and visuals and acting were perfect! "Never tell me the odds."

10. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    ***Darth Vader is supposed to be the second most powerful man in the empire, and yet he acts like a lackey to Grand MOff Tarkin.***

Who ever said this was true? GL states in ANH commentary that Vader is on the same level as Tarkin, and the other top-level Imperial officers. They think he is a crazy old wizard, and why wouldn't they. He's less powerful because of his injuries, and shadow of his former self. It's not until he begins killing people like its a bodily function in ESB that he begins to be feared. Just check out Moff Jerjerrod in RotJ-he's scared to death of Darth Vader, and nearly wets himself at the thought of Palpatine showing up to oversee the final stages of construction. I hate it when people don't recognize the deeper aspects of Vader's character.

that being said, what bothers me the most about the movies is the way both death stars evaporate into a shower of sparks when they explode. The same goes for Alderraan. I know that fx tech wasn't sophisticated enough to do it any other way at the time, but for fraks sake, this could be fixed today.

11. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Scene: dull, bland, pretentious disposable upstart Dooku steals His Majesty's previously exclusive power - and then a rubber gremlin deflects it.[/]

Howe can you say such a thing. This shows that not only is Dooku strong in the force, even if it be the Darkside. And that the Yoda Mythology of him being very powerful is demonstrated.

Midichlorians, and Gungans in general. They were indeed the dumbest idea. But well it wasnt our decision and they are there forever. So deal wiht it.

12. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    I'm still hoping for a justification of the Midichlorians in ROTS.

13. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    In my fantasy world, RotS will feature a scene were Yoda says "Midiclorines silly are they. Real they are not." Or something like that. ;)

14. Qui-Demera

Qui-Demera Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2005
    That was quite a strange thing... I could not help to be reminded in virgin Mary when Shmi said that Anakin just came out of "no-where".

Midiclorians made him... that irritated me a bit.

15. DarthFlatulence

DarthFlatulence Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Ewoks vs. Stormtroopers - I can handle this. I mean, it could happen. Look what happened at Little Big Horn!

Jar Jar Binks - I can deal with Jar Jar. He's only a minor irritant in TPM considering all of the other crap in that movie, such as a bad script, wooden acting, and the really awful alien character lip-syncing. If you really think about it, GL knew what he was doing when he inserted Jar Jar. He was setting up the patsy that got duped into giving Palpatine the power to take over the Republic.

Skywalker family whining - I guess I can overlook this. Like father like son, ehhh?

The most irritating thing in the Star Wars movies for me?

THAT STUPID MONKEY-RAT-LIZARD TOADIE THING THAT SITS ON JABBA'S LAP IN ROTJ AND LAUGHS LIKE A FRICKIN' MANIAC AT INAPPROPRIATE TIMES FOR NO GOOD REASON!

The Empire should have tested the Death Star on that things home planet first! Come on George, ROTJ was just barely tolerable. It would have hurt the plot not one iota to leave out the Kowakian Monkey Lizard!

16. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    :::THAT STUPID MONKEY-RAT-LIZARD TOADIE THING THAT SITS ON JABBA'S LAP IN ROTJ AND LAUGHS LIKE A FRICKIN' MANIAC AT INAPPROPRIATE TIMES FOR NO GOOD REASON!

Well, if I was him, (fortunately, I'm not)*I* would have laughed, *each* and *every* time.

He's there to inject a sense of hopelessness into the midst of our heroes' endeavor.

I mean, who do they really think they are if this little freakin' mutant scumbag has the audacity to mock them?

Salacious Crumb rules.

Period.

But not like Palpatine.

17. Darth_Ramsis

Darth_Ramsis Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005

I think above everything in SW, Jake Lloyd is what drives me up a wall. He was horrible as Anakin. I don't know if it was Lucas's writing or if the kid just sucks as an actor but he was completely deadpan.

Also Anakin building 3PO was pushing in my opinion. It was cute but not needed.

The Second thing is the fireplace scene in ATOC. I thought they had chemistry going but the dialog was too long and Portman was too stiff.
    3PO's arena lines could have been left out completely. They were pointless beyond comic relief

In the OT, my biggest gripe was in RotJ with Mon Momtha. She is supposed to be the big time Rebel and they show her for barely 5 minutes and then nothing before or after this scene.

Excluding what might happen in ROTS, there is no explaination why R2-D2 knows where he is going on Tatooine in ANH.

Also from RotJ, the duel between Vader and Luke at the after "If you will not turn..." lines was too short and didn't have the power it should have. Yeah Vader was overpowered but it seems like he wasn't even giving an effort there. ergo Faster, more intense!!

I would mention Jar-Jar but after he was the one that basically handed Palps the Republic, I like him. However, the scene with him and Padme talking about him covering for her was very weak and reminded me of two children playing a game than being senators in government.

ok me done :D

18. Fat_Gandalf

Fat_Gandalf Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    though there have been an outstanding number of terrible scenes in Menace and Clones, the worst scene by far is Greedo shooting first. it completely undermines Ford's character and has no purpose whatsoever.

and speaking of lame. come on george, leave Fett alone. hasn't he suffered enough at your hands?

19. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    On this topic I have only two words: Jake Lloyd

God, I hate that kid!!!!

20. DarthFlatulence

DarthFlatulence Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Want to know if Jake Loyd is a bad actor, or if he just had bad direction in TPM?

Watch the movie "Jingle all the way". Same kid, same emotionless acting.

21. Qui-Gon-Strat

Qui-Gon-Strat Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    Another one that bothers me is in the SE of Empire. After the duel between Vader and Luke, Vader is walking down a hallway and and spouts off something about notifying the Star Destroyer of his arrival.

The original, icy line of "Bring my shuttle" was so much better. Man, he sounded aggravated. Why they messed with such a perfect line of dialogue is beyond me. The additional footage would have still worked with the original line.

22. fer_oden

fer_oden Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    Ok.
    This comprehensive list is only for the PT. I will come later with the OT list.

Episode I:
    - No actors direction by GL = Wooden performances.
    - R2D2 introduction.
    - Bad dialogue. As if a kid wrote the script.
    - Jar Jar Binks!!!! #1
    - Jake Lloyd performance. He's really bad! #2
    - The movie was very kids oriented. Not really for a SW fan.
    - Anakin made C3PO. Come on!! How stupid!
    - The virgin theory.
    - Midiclorians.
    - Bad timing in the dialogues.
    - Anakin's involvement in the space battle.
    - "Celebration" music at the end.

Episode II:
    - Again, bad timing in the dialogues.
    - Again, bad direction by GL.
    - Again, bad script/dialogues.
    - R2D2/C3PO presence in the movie. A bit of them would be ok.
    - Yoda's speeches. I hate this Yoda, is so grumpy. Not like Yoda at ESB.
    - C3PO on the robot factory and as a federation robot. I hated his lines.
    - R2D2 flying!!! Ahh! Come on!
    - The "romance". Or should I say, lack of romance in the dialogues between Anakin and Padme.
    - Jedi's fall like flies on the arena battle. Only 16 left.
    - Bad engineering designs on some of the space ships. (ie. Dooku space ship, what was that? a reversed parachute?).

23. kalihalcyon

kalihalcyon Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2005
    Many of you are having a ball bashing the prequels, and I think I know why...two words: George Lucas. TEh SW universe is a brilliant creation, but the guy just can't direct. The OT movies were not directed by George, but the prequels were, and it made a tremendous difference. So many of the scenes, characters and plotlines discussed here are casualties of Georgie-boy's "vision," and I think that another director, one who could stand back and look at the prequels without taking GL's "vision" into such great consideration would have made these movies much better.

The OT movies were also made on a limited budget, with limited technology, so the story, plot, character development etc. was critical. Without a lot of fancy visual effects (though they certainly had those for the day), the OT are also just well written and directed. I think, filmwise, they are better movies, though obviously many people here will take issue with this. (Strangly enough, I think that I prefer the prequels, but only because they show the Jedi so much...)

The prequels were made to appease the fans and show GL's "vision"--and also to make HUGE amounts of $$$$$. It's vile, it's wrong, it's pretty dern annoying, but there it is.

I personally take the stuff I love from the movies, (THE JEDI ROCK!) and the EU and create my own personal Star Wars universe. Yes, I am a huge nerd, but at least I'm a happy one.

That being said, I am also a midichlorian basher and I wish that Qui-gon would've let Jar Jar be run over by that ship on Naboo. Oh, and Anakin (Hayden's version) seriously needs a swift kick in the rear for all that whining. (At least we know were Luke gets it though!) Jake Lloyd's Anakin is just a kid! He just had to abandon his mother into a life of slavery...give him a break!

Namaste

Sit Vis Vobiscum...Semper

24. Quietman77

Quietman77 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2000
    Kalihalcyon:

With no disrespect intended, I must strongly disagree with you. Personally, I take no joy in expressing criticism in the prequel trilogy, and my reasons have nothing to do with whether Mr. Lucas directed Eps 1 and 2.

In my case, the only reason that I find fault in the PT is that I watched the movies, and (particularly in the case of AoTC) simply didn't enjoy them anywhere near as much as the OT movies. I was only vaguely aware of who directed the various Star Wars movies. In fact, for all the times that I've seen it, I actually can't remember who directed RoTJ.

BTW, I'm almost certain that Mr. Lucas did direct the original Star Wars, ANH.

Regardless, I do agree that too many posters on this site are far too casual in speaking ill of George Lucas, especially considering that he created this entire franchise. For that reason alone, he should at least be spoken of respectfully, even when posting something critical.

Speaking for myself, the only element of the franchise that I enjoy bashing is Jar Jar Binks. For all of the other artistic choices, even the ones with which I personally disagree, I can usually follow the reasoning. Jar Jar, though... I simply can't accept his antics.

I don't know whether all of the Jar Jar-isms were explicitly written in the script, or if the character was one large improv routine, but somebody, somewhere along the line, should have stood up and said, "We're not doing this."

Any other complaints, though, are the products of frustration. I was hoping that the PT would recreate the magic from the OT. So far, that hasn't happened.

Sincerely yours:
    Q77

25. gdt858

gdt858 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004

Before I start laying into Star Wars, let it be known that these are my favorite movies of all time, it's just there's a few things here and there that could've been done that would've made these movies even better.

Episode 1: The lack of any emotion. There's not a truely enjoyable character in the whole movie. Most of the film is bland dialogue. Did we really need to have a little boy (Anakin) blow up a federation starship? These movies were already unbelievble enough before that, the seen was just stupid and annoying. It would've much cooler to see the Naboo starfighters knock out the Federation starship.

Also, the way Obi-wan kills Darth Maul. I have no problem with him beating Maul, but it would've better and given Obi-wan more credibility if he beat Maul just by pure skill alone and not getting lucky and catching him off guard. The way those two go at it right after Qui-gon is killed was awesome, the duel should've ended like that instead of Maul getting stupefied.

Jar Jar Binks. Need I say anymore?

Episode 2: Although I liked this film better than Phantom Menace, there's a lot more things that annoy me with this movie. Did anyone else find 3po's dialogue toward the ends of the movie really stupid? He's annoying enough in the OT and this just elevated it to a new level. I hate how his head gets stuck on Federation's robots body and still is functional. In the OT he gets blasted and doesn't work until Chewbacca fixes him, so why doesn't he shut down in ATOC? Also, the r2d2 scene where he suddenly has jet propulsors on his legs. I know Lucas is trying to
    add some features the new films but this is just lame. We don't need droids being heroes in this movie. R2 does enough in ESB .
    The dialogue between Padme and Anakin is pretty bad also. Portman is actually a pretty good actress so it's disappointing to see her have such bad chemistry with Anakin. It may be more his fault than hers, but both come off lookng like bad actors. It doesn't help that Han Solo and Leia had excellent chemistry together and his wooing of her was funny, entertaining and pretty
    smooth.

Mace's lightsaber skills. While I don't have a problem with Mace being a really powerful Jed, I do have a problem with Samual L. Jackson's choreography. He looks terrible in a couple scenes on Geonisis or whatever it's called. Especially when he's twirling the lightsaber around his head right before he has his back to Obi-wan. It looks so bad. Jackson defintely could've used some more sword training before the movie started filming and it shows.

Episode 4: The duel between Obi-wan and Vader. Ok, so Anakin's duel with Obi-wan is basically going to be the climax of the entire new trilogy, right? So why is round 2 of their fight so anti-climatic? If Lucas really wrote all 6 episodes at once, don't you think he would've known to make ANH duel a little more exciting? I mean, this is the worse duel in all the films. With all the computer animation he added to the OT in the DVD release and special editions, don't you think he could've done something to make this battle seem more intense. I mean, Anankin is supposed to really hate Obi-wan after epsidode 3, but I don't see that in the ANH duel. Lucas was able to make Dooku look like an excellent sowrdsman even though Christopher Lee is 80 years old. I'm sure he could've done more to ANH to make the scene better and more intense. At the very least, tweaked the soundtrack a little to make scene feel more important than it actually is.

The look of the Death Star. Lucas went through all the trouble to recreate a lot of the special effects in the movie that looked bad. But why did he do it half *ss? Some of the scenes of the surface of the Death Star look so fake it almost ruins the movie. You can tell it's just a plastic model, but then the next scene is CG X-wing on fire in space. I mean, it's tough to see a great special effect followed by a plastic looking death star. The scenes in the trenches of the Death Star look great but

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.