main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What plotline, character or scene in the entire Saga irritates you the most?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Hudnall, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Ijedi-

-Ijedi- Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2011
    Look... I tried. I really tried to like the Prequels! Maybe because they are Star Wars films and the bar was set sooo high with the originals that I just couldn't get into them...

I'll list some positives for you then. Um...er...Darth Maul! That's all I can think of for the moment.

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    As I said, I don't care if you like the prequels or not, nor I need you to say some positives or negatives about them.

3. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    For me it would be One story plot and one Line change .
    The hole Anikan wooing Padme is so bad. GL should have asked a real teenager how kids fall in love in a short time.
    And I hate the again, GL changed my favorite line " Your lucky you dont taste very good". Love that line..
    Other then that , I LOVE all 6 movies .

4. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Well.....you do know that they DO EXIST?

5. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Well you can always act like certain opinions dont exist, especially if they are really terrible opinions.

6. -Ijedi-

-Ijedi- Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2011
    Yeah, mine is the terrible opinion... 99% of the worlds population consider the prequels to be bad films. If they REALLY were good films they would be held up in high esteem!

The fact that most Star Wars fans don't even like them should open your eyes... But I guess I'm the one who is wrong??

7. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010

99% of the world's population doesn't care if the prequels are bad or not.

Cool it.

Mata2010 likes this.
  8. Darthman1992

Darthman1992 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2011
    I'm not going to be one of those types who criticizes another for their opinion 'cause that's conceited and overall a jerk thing to do, but I will say that I haven't bought the idea that the world predominantly hates the Prequel Trilogy. Really the only place where I've seen overt hate is from places on the internet. Movies that are hated by 99% of the world wouldn't have mixed to positive ratings (In Revenge's case generally postive ratings) on most review sites like IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, etc. And even on Netflix which is about as general audience as you can get has none of them below a 4/5. So I don't know where the idea most people, and certainly not 99% of the world, dislike the PT comes from. Yes it's got a lot of dedicated vhement bashers who spend a lot of time criticizing them (who have every right to do so), but the general consensus is for the mosand energy t part mixed. Yeah, not considered as good as the OT, but they're far from being generally considered disasters on the level of films like BATMAN & ROBIN or HIGHLANDER 2 as many would seem to suggest

For almost any movie that isn't considered a masterpiece like THE GODFATHER or a travesty like BATTLEFIELD EARTH you'll almost always find for every person who likes a movie someone that dislikes it out in the real world. The only reason that the Prequels are argued so much is because of how much STAR WARS means to us its fans, and the impact it had on our youths. SW fans seem to care more than any other group what others think of the movies they like because it seems like we all have to feel we're in the right about this series to be true fans. But at the end of the day why should it matter who likes 6 films,or 3 films, or 4 films, etc. Why should we care to put down those wo disagree with us on something as trivial as a series of films? Everyone likes different things because everyone is different. That's what makes us so interesting.

Sorry to get a bit off topic but I quite frankly am sick of these types of arguments.

9. Hayato112

Hayato112 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 24, 2001
    Jar Jar & the Gungan nightmare.

10. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Chewbaccas Tarzan impression & Ewoks nightmare.

11. Darthman1992

Jul 17, 2011
    I don't think the Gungans were a bad concept. They were a new type of alien creature that we hadn't seen before with an interesting design. (I mean were they any more ridiculous than little teddy bear people, or little hooded junkdealers, heck even Admiral Ackbar?) But Jar Jar I think is the main reason that the whole race generally gets slammed, 'cause yeah he does get annoying.

12. Darthman1992

Jul 17, 2011
    That's my answer as well.

13. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    What scene irritates me the most? Well, Padme being such a tease the whole time and driving a teen boy crazy. He must have had a certain shade of blue in a certain area for 3 weeks straight. [face_laugh][face_love]:*

Dress half naked, then kisses him then, oh I shouldn't have done that, then she wears some unbelievable leather dominatrix "dress" and then tells him to be logical. Well, I don't think was logical at all.

At the end of AOTC, I think it should have shown them. Kissing and holding in the last scene, but not married. They should have married in secret between the two films. The opening crawl could have taken care of that in one sentence. The main thing is, why does she love him? I know he loves her because he felt close to her she never treated him like dirt. Most others around him did (and of course Palpatine also was kindly). My thing is I don't understand her motivation, beyond lust, but lust doesn't warrant marriage. Not yet. I can see after a year of watching his heroics and realizing he was the real deal would make her love him.

14. Cad_Bane

Cad_Bane Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2009
    Anakin. All the time. In every way.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Oh, the fictional "facts"...

16. Pendulous_Dewlap

Pendulous_Dewlap Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2011
    I agree that most people don't particularly care whether or not the prequels are any good...but that doesn't change the fact that they suck. If you enjoy them, that's fine; I prefer quality films.[face_peace]

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes. And the appalling level of arrogance involved in the assumption that one's own personal taste in films or characters constitutes objective fact.

Of course that sort of thing goes on so often around here that some of it has to be trolling.

18. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Yep, quality films. Like the Empire Strikes Back. Which has the greatest romance of all time:

[image=http://powet.tv/powetblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/star_wars_the_empire_strikes_back_leia_kissing_luke.jpg]

o_O

:p

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    That's hot.

20. PiettsHat

Jan 1, 2011
    You don't know the half of it...

[image=http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbbz317MeQ1qc823io1_400.jpg]

:eek:

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Indeed. Trollish arrogance, nothing more.

22. Pendulous_Dewlap

Pendulous_Dewlap Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2011
    "Two fighters against a Star Destroyer?" Best delivered line in the saga?:p

There's more passion and intimacy in that one kiss than in the entire Anakin-Padme 'romance'.

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Obligatory:
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070114235639/starwars/images/1/1c/Leia_luke_kiss.jpg]

24. Darthman1992

Jul 17, 2011
    It is really arrogant and disrespectful. It would seem that so many STAR WARS fans have to prove that they're right about everything in the series just to feel like a true fan.

25. PiettsHat

Jan 1, 2011
    [face_laugh] I knew you would say that. :D

Personally, I'd say such a statement could more accurately be attributed to Han/Leia, but whatever floats your boat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.