main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What plotline, character or scene in the whole saga do you absolutely love?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Hudnall, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    Respecting balance to the Force - it is fair to hear both:

For me, it is the Empire Strikes Back duel. Or perhaps Yoda's lesson to Luke after raising the X-Wing from the swamp.

2. sharkboy

sharkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    The OT is king but the PT has the best moment the pod race.
    The pod race in widescreen and dolby digital 5.1 is awesome.

3. sharkboy

sharkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    Wait the saber duel with Obi wan and maul is up there aswell better then any OT duel the speed and the moves and the double saber and the evil looking horns.

4. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    But why do you guys love all those?

Personally, I love the scene in AOTC (gasp!) that shows Anakin racing across Tatooine to find his mother. It captures everything about Anakin in one perfect moment and there isn't even any dialogue.

:)

-Aunecah

5. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    All of the Cloud city scene's with Luke/Vader in ESB. Luke goes from the purity of his innocence, symbolized by those white walls and loses it by stepping into his worst nightmare; we then get the colors of fire and brimstone complete with steam. That moment of revelation will always be my favorite.

6. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I like the stormtrooper that banged his head on the door.

Made me [face_laugh]

7. Jainalover

Jainalover Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    The final lightsaber clash between father and son in the throne room on the Death Star.

8. DirkDiggler2

DirkDiggler2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2003
    The end of AOTC, when Palpatine, Yoda and the rest are viewing the Clone Troopers boarding their craft with the emperors march playing. Awesome.

9. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    The end battles at the end of TPM. From the beginning when Maul stood there as the doors open in the hanger to the death of Maul by Kenobi. Watching this and listening to the Duel of the Fates is by far my favorite.

10. Lord_Makro

Lord_Makro Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2002
    I'll agree with Jainalover about the final duel with Luke Vader and the Emperor aboard the second Death Star.
    The duel at the end of Empire Strikes Back is also great, too dark and emotional...

11. Arboster_Kipling

Arboster_Kipling Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2004
    Pretty much anything on Tatooine.
    The binary sunset is inspirational. Zero dialogue and stunning music.

12. The_SkyWolves

The_SkyWolves Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    Anything with Luke being highly, deeply emotional. Except the "No! That's not true!" scene. Everything else about that duel was excellent, but I think Hamill's acting was just a little off, until the fall. But I hate how they stuck that scream in.

13. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    I love Anakin's story.

It will be amazing to finally see his fall!

14. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I second Anakin's story.
    From TPM through to RotJ. It's an amazing and powerful journey of hope, pain, sorrow, and redemption.
    A young boy who wanted to help people no matter what, fell into temptation and couldn't get back out until his son foght for what good there was left in him.
    Very tragic and bittersweet, yet also gives us hope that there's always a shred of possibility.
    Luke's journey would be next in line :)

15. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    i love the musical rhythem of ESB
    it just keeps ya clinging to every scene

oh, and yodas death scene. much better than shmi's death scene

16. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Han Solo, has always been my favorite character ever since I saw SW for the first time. Throughout the years i've grown to understand his story and just makes me like him even more.

17. Cyprusg

Cyprusg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2002
    Like a lot of people I love the lightsaber battle at the end of Return of the Jedi. I love when Vader says "sister, Obi-Wan was wise to keep her from me" and Luke comes out yelling "noooo!!!", then the music kicks in. One of my favorite moments in movie history.

Also one of my favorite moments is when the Emporer is killing Luke, and you see Vader looking back and forth trying to make the choice to save his son. Not only is it cool because he saved his son, but he knew he would die himself, the ultimate redemption.

I also love the scene in Empire Strikes Back when Han is about to be frozen and Chewie throws the stormtrooper off of the ledge. It's such a simple scene, but it really nailed everyones emotions. I really believe with that emotional glue from Empire Strikes Back we wouldn't be sitting here talking about Star Wars.

The scene when Han, Chewie, and Leia are surprised by Vader at the dinner table in Empire Strikes Back is an awesome scene too. Just how Irvin Kershner set that scene up, one minute they're all talking and everything is good then all of a sudden the door opens and you see Vader. Han instantly reaches for his gun to shoot him but Vader blocks his shots.

Most of my favorite scenes are from Empire Strikes Back. That whole movie is just pure genius. Everything from Yoda's dialogue to the dialogue between Han and Leia to how perfectly Irvin Kershner understood the character's emotions and motivations. Favorite movie of all-time.

18. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    My two favorite scenes are Anakin's confession in AOTC, and Luke's talk with Vader after he surrenders in ROTJ.

19. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    Anakin-Vader is and will always be my favorite character. From that sweet little boy on Tatooine, the love story with Padme,the heroic figure he will be at the begining of EPI III to the dark days as Darth Vader and finally his redemption and death at the end of ROTJ I will have laughed,swooned,cried and cheered throughout the whole saga because of this character.

20. FORCE_SKIN

FORCE_SKIN Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2003
    The character of Han Solo. Because he didn't use the force (or believe in it at first), it gave another perspective on it and took some of the seriousness away from it at times (which was a good thing). Something the PT misses I think, a hero we can relate to, who doesn't use the force.

21. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Luke's talk with Vader after he surrenders in ROTJ.

There's a lot going on in that scene, I love it.
    Anakin's confession in AOTC is also a SW classic. The guy's loss of control always reminds me of Vader yelling at his men after breaking the rebel captain's neck in ANH.

"Commander, tear this ship apart..." etc

22. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    I also love the musical sequence in ROTJ after Luke screams "NEVER!" and the duel ensues. That one piece of music perfectly explains Anakin's story, beggining to end. It is an amazing feat and literally haunting. I love JW! :)

23. Jinn-and-Juice

Jinn-and-Juice Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2004
    Qui-Gon all the way. He's the man.

24. raythemanf

raythemanf Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    I love tons of things. So I won't limit them to one.

Mostly I love the messages Lucas shows. He shows that good can triumph over evil through love. He shows that through Luke and Vader in ROTJ. He also shows how people can lose control over themselves. He shows this through Anakin and how his fear and hate for things leads him to be turned to the darkside.

My favorite scene is of course the scene at the end of the Saga between Luke, Vader, and Sidious. You can never beat it. It shows the overconfidence of an evil man and that he doesn't understand a father and son's connection. It shows that Luke is purely good and Vader sees it. He see's his son as everything he should of been and wants to make sure not to make the same mistake twice. He can at lease save the good in his son by finally destorying the very thing that has controlled him for so long, that evil sith lord.

And my favorite character? Of course, Luke Skywalker. How can you not love this guy. Hes everything that you would want to be in this world. He gets a chance to be the ultimate good guy. To overcome something that Obi-Wan and Yoda couldn't even do. He shows that anything can happen if you strongly believe it can.

I will love Episode 3 though. It will be the darkest movie of the 6. I always love dark movies. And it will feature so many memorable battles that will make the OT that much better. I think you will feel for the first time the overwhelming power of the darkside and you will get to see Vader for the first and last time. In a lot of ways, it has a chance to be the best overall. But you can never beat the end of it all. Thats where all the ideas and emotions reach the climax. You can never beat, Luke vs Vader.

25. The_SkyWolves

The_SkyWolves Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    The ROTJ Death Star scenes. I think the "Father, please!... help me!" was so touching. I still cry, some 300 times after first seeing it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.