main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What plotline, character or scene in the whole saga do you absolutely love?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Hudnall, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyoftheforce

ladyoftheforce Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    padme..... she is the ultimate victim . SO SO SO SO sad :<

2. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    A 2:1 margin of criticism to love.

So, you people say you are SW fans?

3. darthrewris

darthrewris Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    Any scene with Darth Maul

Darth Maul's dismount from the speeder and putting the fear of God into Qui Gon Jin.

Darth Vader slicing off Luke's hand with total lack of remorse.

Yoda Vs. R2-D2

Yoda vs Darth Tyrannous

Closing scene of AToC where Palpatine is watching the clone army.

4. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    i love sidioues plot to turn anikin, brilliant he did his planning and keep his secrets to himself. he sat back and watched his plane unvale and influence anikin to turn and help kill the jedi. i think it was just brilliance

5. raged_inferno

raged_inferno Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my favorite part was in episode 3 from when obi-wan and anakin were fighting and anakin says, "YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWERS," to when obi-wan leaves anakin burning. everything inside of that is my favorite part in the whole saga. i'll never forget it...

6. Darth_Trivel

Darth_Trivel Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    The best scene was definetely the lightsaber duel between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi. At the end of the scene when Luke beats down on Darth and chops his hand off is amazing.

7. DarthSkeptical

DarthSkeptical Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2001
    Padmé throughout Episode III, but most especially everything from the "connection with Ani" scene (in which I think she finally works out/strongly suspects the whole tragedy and her complicity in both the political and relgious battles). I love that she chooses to die--and in so doing finally becomes the one unqualified hero of the PT, while at the same time presaging both Ben and her husband's sacrificial deaths in the OT.

8. SithLord4488

SithLord4488 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    i loved when you see all of the clone troops and that music is playing

9. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Fav plotline: Palpatine's machinations; the way he played the entire galaxy for chumps.
    fav character: It changes but right now it's Bail Organa because he's just an ordinary guy but he dares to risk everything he has to do what's right. I really hope they put the formation of the Rebellion scenes back in for the dvd.
    Fav scene: Luke stands up to the Emperor and faces certain death.

10. Blueandwhite

Blueandwhite Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2005
    PT: ROTS -- Watching Obi walk away from Anakin, limbless (well except for the one arm) and burning. This was the most haunting scene in the saga! In the OT, you never quite understand why Obi-Wan didn't tell Luke that Vader was his father. ROTS shows Obi-Wan as a man, still coming to terms with the deepest of betrayals! It also shows how close he really was with Anakin. I almost wished that he had finished Vader off to end his suffering!

As for characters, Obi-Wan was easily the most interesting PT character. We finally see what motivates him.

OT: ESB -- The Asteroid Field. This is where Han Solo is defined as a character. We see him as an excellent pilot, who is both clever and skilled. It also allows the Han, Leia relationship to develop with their cheesy back-and-forth dialogue. Other than the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight in ROTS, this is my favorite set of scenes in the saga.

11. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    i just love the scene in jedi were vader turns to the light side and kills palps.

and in the PT its awesome when you see yoda slowly walking into the room when he fights dooku. that whole battle was awesome.

the best character is obi wan he was so awesome in all the movies.

12. DarthSyphus

DarthSyphus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    Plotline: the whole C3PO story arc
    Character: Chewie. His absence in the PT made a huge difference.
    Scene: When Leia saves Han

13. GrUnT_HUNTER

GrUnT_HUNTER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    Scene: The ESB duel and on, hands is my favorite scene. Then at the end it shows them looking out of the ship window at a spiral galaxy, its amazing.

Favorite character: Obi-Wan

Plotline: in the PT how Palpatine is slowly gaining power the entire time.

14. DarthSkeptical

DarthSkeptical Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2001
    In a way, I think it would almost be easier to answer the opposite to this question--listing what I hate (or even dislike) would take 5 lines at best.

Still, going in episodic order:

The opening scenes of TPM: I remember being blown away by the "old school" Jedi in action. From Obi's introductory "I have a bad feeling about this", till the moment they decide to split up and go down to the surface was--well, immediately intriguing. You really get everything that's interesting in that first scene: lightsabers, the queen, the emperor, the vague plot, the sense of "*** is going on out here in the middle of nowhere?" It's a really nice mirror for the opening scenes of Episode IV.

Any scene with Palpatine (that goes for all movies).

Seeing R2 for the first time, and figuring out what he really does for a living.

Jar Jar and Padmé in Coruscant reflecting on the fate of their planet (I hate Ahmed Best's characterization as much as any right-thinking adult, but, there's something about this scene that's touching)

Padmé kneeling before Boss Nass begging for help, reiinforcing the theme of symbiosis.

The final Maul battle (though damned if those red force shields that separate Obi from the action stll make NO sense to me)

The introduction of 3PO. I dig that Anakin made him, and that the reason he's so inept at understanding human nature, even though "Human-Cyborg Relations" is his function, is because he understands humanity from the perspective of a 9-year-old kid.

Ugh, this is going to take too long...the rest of the damned saga I love.

15. Tokio_Drifter

Tokio_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 24, 2003
    At the moment i'm really crazy about the order 66 scene revolving the fall of Ki Adi Mundi. The tank that get's blown up, echoy voice of Mundi: 'Common!'..and then that infamous shot of the troopers, how the camera tracks their feet and then pulls up in unison with the blasters, and the uniforms..droool =P~

16. LorD_-_ShaDow

LorD_-_ShaDow Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    The Father/Son moment when Vader told Luke he was Luke´s father

17. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    Anakin vs. Obiwan in Rots is the best fight and scene in the trilogy just because we have waited to see it since Empire strikes back came out and we found vader was anakin.

Vader is the best character. Now that the Prequels have come out the series shifts from being about luke to being about Anakin. It is about how a good man turns evil and then is redemmed by his son. He is such a bad### IN esb and AHN that it made it impossible to believe that he could be luke's father at first.

18. RogueBoga1138

RogueBoga1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    Scene- Yoda dropping his cane in ROTS- POWERFUL!

19. DarthSyphus

DarthSyphus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    Favorite C-3PO lines:

I: My parts are showing?
    II: Die Jedi, Die
    III: Oh, No
    IV: I'd gladly donate them
    V: I'm backwards
    VI: It's against my programming to impersonate a deity.

20. aik_pan_skywalker

aik_pan_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    What i really loved wasnt in the films.

it was hinted at in the tv spot of ROTS it was the DARK EMPIRE MUSIC WHERE ANAKIN HAS TURNED TO THE DARKSIDE AND HE HAS THE CLONES MARCHING BEHIND HIM DOWN THE CORRIDOR ( see foto on the left )

it wasnt in the movie the scene was for a mini second, blink and you miss it.
    but the dark epic march music wasnt.
    WHY?????????????

What an oppertunity to depict forever on film to really artistically depict the emotional pitch of the myth of ANANKIN / VADER, how stupid to pass on such an moment of pure cinematic iconic history..................................................................................................

...................I'll never understand why.

21. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Character:

TPM: Qui-Gon
    AOTC: Obi-Wan
    ROTS: R2/Anakin
    ANH: Threepio
    ESB: Luke
    ROTJ: Emperor Palpatine

Scene:

TPM: The Departure of Shmi
    AOTC: The Last Three Scenes
    ROTS: Where Ani is burnt to a crisp
    ANH: Trench Run
    ESB: Vader/Luke Duel/Dream on Dagobah
    ROTJ: Anything in the Throne Room

Plotline:

TPM: The Disturbance in the Force/Finding Anakin
    AOTC: Tracking Down a Bounty Hunter/Clone Army
    ROTS: Turning to the Darkside and what happens/Choking Padme
    ANH: The Death Star
    ESB: Tracking Down Luke/Finding Luke/I am your Father
    ROTJ: Anything on the Death Star

22. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    Cool idea, Bacon - you did one for every film. Right on.

23. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Oh, I did it wrong... oops....

Character:

Palpatine

Scene:

Where Ani is burnt to a crisp

Plotline:

Turning to the Darkside and what happens/Choking Padme

24. Gamebird

Gamebird Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    The scene for me was the one with Anakin heading up the stormtroopers, going into the Jedi temple to wipe out the Jedi. The music really did it, but I also liked the imagery and the tension. You knew an atrocity was about to happen, but Anakin was commited from the moment he struck Mace Windu. Attacking the temple was the proof of his loyalty to Palpatine - I think it was a deliberate test (though also, you couldn't trust an assignment of that scope to anyone lesser).

I'd watched the OT three or four times, but honestly it never moved me. I thought it was good, but it didn't get under my skin the way RotS has. RotS has made me borrow my friend's copy of the OT and watch them all again. Awesome!

25. Caliwho

Caliwho Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Favorite character Obi Wan. Old or young..both do a great job portraying the father figure/gentle wise mentor. I personally have no problem with the old lightsabre fights. I actually think theyre a bit more interesting than the new ones. They have more interesting dialogue at least. Less flashy/more substance. Favorite fights: Obi Wan/Vader in ANH and Luke/Vader ESB. Doesnt everyone like the I am your father plotline the most?
    Favorite scene in saga...? Has to be Luke gazing into twin sunset. Atmospheric/brilliant/"insert your description here". Ive liked that scene ever since I was a kid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.