main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What policies have changed in the Galactic Empire since the treaty? And... (Spoliers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bravo, Mar 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Here are some questions. All I ask is that you give a yes or no answer and a statment from a book or offical source. Thank you.

A) Is the Galactic Empire still biased against aliens?

B) Do they still rule though fear?

C) Are they allies with the New Republic?

D) Do they allow aliens to serve in their military?

E) Are their civilian aliens in the Galactic Empire?

Does Jacen Solo die in Dark Journey?

2. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    I can only answer the Jacen question, and no he doesnt die... Yet. We get a feeling he dies but we don't know for sure.

3. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    Have you read the NJO?

1.Yes and no, they tolerate and allow them to be citizens and even give them a place on the ruling council but there is still a feeling of antisemitism.

2.No.

3.Yes and no again. They fought with them at Ithor but decided to protect their own asses instead of going all out in the war with the NR, not that it would help much.

5.Yes.

6.Depends on who you talk to.

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000

Yes and No. Canor Jax under the direction of Darth Luminya (he looked like a Compnor poster child with his helmet off) I can only assume gave high ranking positions to wealthy but unscrupilous aliens in the Galaxy's position-I can only assume in some cases (Whipid and Defel) this would be crime lords. With their deaths and the induction of many nonhuman races into the Empire in visions of the Future along with it being based on the Daala/Pelleon model that while holdovers from the Empire still predominate there is likely very less restriction against the Alien and woman in the Council though all the Moffs are human and only one is a woman.

Rather like reforming the Nazi party in Austria (where it legal) and asking Israelites, Romani, and homosexuals to join to show solidarity.

Yes and No this is still true but it's more Augusto Pinochet/Peron/Napoleon fear than Mussolini and Stalin. The basic idea is the Empire has reformed itself that people still have authoritarian military government, Compnor is still tapping your phones, and every sunday is a military parade of AT-AT walkers down the road but it's only political crimminals and actual crimminals who recieve the brunt of their dicatorship instead of the indiscriminate power mongering and fear factor enforced on the citazenry at large.

Yes and No again. In this case the Empire is suffered to exist at the hands of New Republic mercy due to their signing of the treaty but for the most part the Empire hates the Republic on princible and vice versa. Against the Vong they are allied but they arn't going to risk their 100 star destroyers left on their neck...

(my they're recovering rather rapidly arn't they?)

Yes. This is unequivocably proven by Admiral Daala's flagship being manned by many aliens during this point and Grand Admiral (?) Pelleon having sevred under thrawn has probably continued the policy.

Quite a few actually alien races enjoy the Empire's New Order now that it is has toned down it's high human culture standards. The idea of authoritarian totalaritrian government with warrior culture seeds appeals to quite a broad spectrum of people and any race which believes in an elite is likely to enjoy the idea of the Empire as an alternative to the Republic

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Now the main question remains.

6. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    No, he does not.

7. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    He is in Traitor, which happens during the same time or shortly after DJ.

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001

Its citizens prodemenetly are.
    No unfortunatly not.
    Consider it a Russia-US thing post Cold War
    Yeah

Of carse, there have always been
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    He is in Traitor, which happens during the same time or shortly after DJ.

Is Jacen Solo a traitor?

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Anyone going to answer the last question?

11. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    that's got to be the most asked question around here recently, next to "whoa!! what the hell happened to the forum?

12. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Probably not because I don't think the book is even out early for some as seemed the case with Dark Journey. So answering either way would end up being speculation at this point.

13. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    I say some people will take this thread as an opportunity to speculate however

14. GrandAdmPellaeon

GrandAdmPellaeon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    A) No. Reference the Hand of Thrawn trilogy; everyone under Thrawn's command who is still with Pellaeon (Captain Techel, etc.) would have seen just how equal 'alien' races can be.

B) Yes. The Empire is based on survival of the fittest, but if your real question is "Do they still conquer everything in sight" I would answer no. You have a choice which system to live under, but if you choose the Empire you will play by their rules.

C) Yes. Many of the Moffs are not - except Seretti - but Pellaeon is and last I checked his say was final. (see VotF when the Empire is trying to decide if they should sign the treaty - then Supreme Admiral Pellaeon puts them in their place)

D) Yes. The Chiss squads led by Soontir Fel are not under Imperial law but are considered their allies, and hence forth have to be recognized accordingly. Any of the Moffs that do not think aliens should serve probably quickly shut their mouths after seeing the Chiss ClawCraft in action against the Vong.

E) Unknown. We do not know what species inhabited their sector of space before the Imperial Remnant fell back to that point, but I would assume that yes, there were already alien races there and they are in fact Imperial citizens. Whether through force or choice is hard to say, but I believe they willingly traded their freedom for the protection of several hundered Imp SD's patroling their sector of space.

F) No. Jacen has turned to something the Vong can use. Be it Dark Jedi or something else, Jacen Solo is no more.

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    No. Jacen has turned to something the Vong can use. Be it Dark Jedi or something else, Jacen Solo is no more.

So, Jacen has been shaped, or has he turned to the Dark Side? I bet you, that in the next book, Jacen Solo will be different, he might turn out like Han Solo, or he might turn out like Luke, or even Anakin, or, he might be a Dark Jedi. I just can't wait to find out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.