main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC What Presents Did You Give and Get?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I know, right? The ending really provides a *satisfying end to Peter's journey*, right?

As for gifts,

Gave: Lenovo ThinkPad Twist (Windows 8 Laptop/Tablet)
    Received: America Again: Re-Becoming the Greatness We Never Weren't by Stephen Colbert.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Some of the fans on other boards are already calling the new Spidey "Sp/Ock."

3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Gave:
    My sister got an Eeyore Christmas doll, a gift card to Half Price Books, 'Sherlock Holmes:Game of Shadows' on Blu-Ray, and 'The Dark Knight Rises' on DVD.

My Mom got two books 'Colonel Roosevelt' and a copy of 'Gone with the Wind'

My Dad got a pair of pajamas and a biography of Thomas Jefferson

My Uncle/Godfather got a bottle of hot sauce and a framed picture.

My Aunt/Godmother got a book.

My cousin got 'The Human Centipede' on Blu-Ray and Xbox Live membership

4. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Gave: Karen Walker Blazer (Mum) and a Samsung Galaxy Tab (Dad)

Received:

CDs: Neil Young (Psychedelic Pill), Aerosmith (Music From Another Dimension), George Harrison (Best Of)

Blu-Ray: Taken, Total Recall (Arnie version), Noel Gallagher Live, Mission Impossible 4

PS3: Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution, Doom 3 BFG Edition

Clothes: Prada Sneakers, two Ralph Lauren Polos, and a G-Star T-shirt

Book: The Family Corleon by Ed Falco (Prequel to The Godfather)

5. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    I gave a bulk of batteries and a copy of A Princess of Mars. I received a patchwork coat(with a note reading "These coats are meant to be very individualized. This is just the 'shell'. Take it to the nearest seamstress for a precise fitting."), actual chainmail, a TOS style Star Trek shirt(apparently I'm Captain Kirk), and a 2003 guide to Big Finish's Doctor Who Audio Adventures. It was a fantastic haul.

6. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Do you attend medieval re-creation events to take your chainmail to? I used to go to those, and several of my friends still do.

7. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    No, actually. However, that does sound like something worth looking into. I do intend to wear it around town when winter has passed. Oh, my friend Allan got a set too, the mail shirt and the coif. He also got a 13-foot scarf which he insists on wearing around.

8. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    A chainmail scarf? That would look cool, although I'm not sure it would be terribly warm. :p And if you like medieval-inspired combat in addition to medieval-style armor you might want to check out sca.org. Yes, they're terribly nerdy, but strangely awesome too. At least IMO.

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  10. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    Yeah, I think when he put chainmail and scarf on his list, they got jumbled...he did receive an actual scarf as well, though. My friend George got a film about Canadian serial killers and another one called Stonehenge Apocalypse, which isn't relevant to the conversation but needed to be said. Awesome and nerdy? Sounds like my kind of thing.:p:cool:

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

Those are great gifts for Wisconsin. We get all four seasons, but the cold of winter and the rain of spring are the longest. Get some snowboots and galoshes at well.

12. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002

Not replying to this specific post, but to the topic in general: I've been following cnet reviews on smart phones and the iPhone 5 consistently earns top rankings. But also receiving significant acknowledgement are the Windows 8 phones. With my new laptop, I've instantly become a fan of Windows 8 (and I used to love 7), so now I'm thinking of maybe going over to a Windows phone. Plus it'd be neat to sync it with Xbox Live (despite the fact that I rarely use Live these days =/ ).

13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    [face_rofl]

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I could never go back to iPhone. Just widgets alone are enough, but the other bonus' are excellent. Such as apps being cheaper. Such as being able to drop and drag. I imagine a Windows phone is like an Android phone in that regard.