main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What Price, Freedom? (AU, Ani, Xan, Obi, OCs, usual suspects) UPDATED 1/16 Chapter 2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BrightFeather, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    This is shaping up to be a wonderful story. Your character portrayals are quite accurate.

I must say, I love that you brought back Xanatos. He's one of my favorite characters.

I do wonder now what is going to happen to Anakin. Obviously, he doesn't think he belongs anymore and is unaware of just how much he is wanted. And I do have to wonder if Obi-Wan will bow to the Council's decision or take Anakin as his apprentice anyway. If they find him, of course.

I'm looking forward to more. Good job!

2. Kitten

Kitten Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2005
    You have a great start here. You always write the best stories about Anakin in his younger years. I was kind of disappointed that Obi wan wouldn't be able to train Anakin though. But that might not even matter if the jedi can't even find Anakin. Keep up the good work. I look foward to reading future chapters.

3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Ohhh... loved this chapter.

Anakin's getting a master other than ObiWan! And they don't allow child labor on Naboo! (good touch) Poor poor Anakin for thinking no one wants him! (and how silly is it that three adult Jedi can't find a lone eight year old?)

Good post! :)

4. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    dianethx- LOL! Yeah. And it doesn't help that he looks younger than his actual age. I think so, too. Glad you enjoyed this.

Stella- Yep. Hm. I wasn't consciously thinking of HP when I wrote that. I was actually thinking of cultures in which ancestor-worship is common, and cultures where you're considered alive as long as you're remembered. And no, it doesn't. Anakin is a street rat now, and it's a hard, uncertain life.

Mr_Dagobah- Unfortunately, yes. I figured that if Naboo didn't allow slavery, child labor would be out, too. And why should things be easy? [face_laugh] Obi, Kemé, and Xan have all been sent back to the Temple. It's up to Leran to find Anakin now.

Sakura- Yep! [face_devil] Almost anything could happen to him out there. Theed looked pretty from the shots they showed us, but I'm betting that, like any big city, there are the same problems with crime and poverty as anywhere else.

Jaira- Oh, he blends in with the street rat population pretty good. It's just that the accents are different. Now, he's probably picking up a Naboo accent, and learning how to speak street Nubian. We all know he's got a bit of a bent for languages, after all...

Moe- I hope so, too! :D

Fluffy- Thank you! :D I don't think the Council is evil, just fallible. Even if there were, they wouldn't have applied to Anakin, simply because he was a slave. Property doesn't have rights.

Brentus- *salutes* Will do.

Jedi_Tigris- Anakin is good at hiding. Perhaps it will... or not. I'm giving him full credit for street smarts here. And I agree. He's just scared and determined to hang on to his freedom.

Lady Lumas- Thank you! :D I'd sure like to think so. I like Xanatos a lot, too. This is, however, my first try at writing him, so... We'll see. Well, there are a lot of things that will happen before he's found. If Leran manages to find him, catch him, and take him home. Obi-Wan isn't too happy right now. He blames himself for Anakin running away and is giving himself a massive guilt trip. Thank you!

Kitten- Thank you! :D I'm rather fond of L'il Ani. I didn't like him as a teenager, because he was too whiny. ;) I think when he gets that old, I'll do everyone a favor and delete the whineyness. Too true. If they can't find him, the Master debate is pretty much worthless. I think he'll be spending some time in the Creche, anyway.

Daena- Thank you! :D As much as I like Obi, I still think that Anakin might've done better with an older, more experienced Master. I mean, Obi would still be involved, just as an older brother without the pressure of raising Anakin. Thank you! Yeah, it occurred to me that in a society where slavery is outlawed, they'd probably outlaw child labor, too. Unfortunately, yes. *cuddles L'il Ani* Well, you have to remember that Anakin's Force-signature is hard to find among so many. A city is a perfect place to dissappear if you want to hide.

Thanks for reading, y'all! Next week, Chapter three of Bless the Child.

BrightFeather

5. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    I have not abandoned this story, and I have not forgotten about it. Things have been going not so well in RL recently. My mom was diagnosed with three types of primary cancer, and is currently doing chemo. I'm afraid that I've been devoting most of my spare time to helping at home so she can get better. I promise to try and update soon.

BrightFeather

6. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    i hope your mother gets better. I liked the story. could you please add me to your pm list. thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.