What Programs...

Discussion in 'Fan Audio' started by To_Mega_Therion, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To_Mega_Therion Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi,

I'm curious to know which programs people use to create these audio dramas. Is there any simple freeware out there that could do the trick?
  2. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
  3. To_Mega_Therion Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well this program looks pretty good, but I can't seem to get it to play anything once I get it in there!
  4. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    I've never heard anyone having a problem with it. Maybe you're having a setup problem of some sort.
  5. To_Mega_Therion Jedi Knight

star 3
    Probably. It says soething about my "output" setings. I'll have to have a play with it!
  6. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    You may have to select which audio device to use somewhere in the program or perhaps a place that can be used as a sratch disk.
  7. Wolfgang_Yehrekaz Jedi Padawan

Hey,

Are you saying using audacity for music in films? Or things like blaster and lightsaber sound effects?
    Because thats what I need. Are there any decent free programs out there that let you insert sound effects into video files?

Thanks
  8. jedi20111 Jedi Youngling

Hi. I got all the star wars sound effects right here. Just reply if you want.
  9. Subbies Jedi Padawan

hi I'm Sub-Zero

Could you please send me sounds?

I'm trying to make a short film but desperately need sound?

Cand you help?

Deon
  10. Jedi-Washington Jedi Master

star 4
    Humm, well, I was lucky. I got a little Tascam sound card with 2 XLR ports so I could do simple voice overs with good microphones. I havn't done dramas before, but this card came with Cubase LE. It's a light edition of the real Cubase programs, but it works perfectly for what I'm doing. I used it to match a MIDI pre-score I wrote to a college film student's film before we recorded it. It accepts .mid, .Wav, .mp3 and most usual formats also. I've also matched some sound effects to a 3D clip posted on here a while ago and didn't have much trouble with it. Never released it, but I had fun just trying to get it to sound right.

So if you get the chance, try and buy something that has LE in it. I havn't tried audacity, but I love this.

~JW
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.