SNG WHAT RACE IS General Grievous?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by jedigoh, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigoh Jedi Youngling

Does anybody knows what race is General Grievous,and what
    happen to him that make him part machine?
  2. Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Supposedly according to Labyrinth of Evil (I think), he was lost in an accident that was engineered, and the Genosians and the Banking Clan I think presented him to Lord Tyranus. Sidious then put him in charge of the campaign against the Republic.

Also, he's an insect I think. And I hate insects. *squash flat fly*
  3. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I heard he is actually Sifo Dyas (excuse the spelling), who was mentioned in AOTC.
  4. jedigoh Jedi Youngling

So General Grievous is a insect alien race,but saw the close up short of General Grievous seem to me he is like
    some kind of Reptilian race kind of alien.
  5. JediBoo Jedi Youngling

star 3
    In short
    His race is Kaleesh. From the planet Kalee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Grievous

He was in a planned accident. The Count Dooku and a few of his clowns, took his organs, stuff it into a metallic structure, tweaked and manipulated his brain to fuel his rage against the Jedi and the Republic.
    Now he hunts Jedi for sport and keeps their Lightsabers as trophies.
  6. Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It's possible he's a reptilian, but why I suspect he's insectoid, is the fact he has a ghastly 6 limbs. It's highly unlikely that these were mere add ons as his brain would not have the natural capacity to handle all 6. It would require additional bioengineering to give him the ability to have additional nerve enddings to do the job, and brain capacity. That said, it's possible his brain was fused with droid circuitry to allow him to do that sort of thing. But, given the fragility of his body state, they'd probably minimize that sort of invasive tampering with a body that's probably near death.
  7. JediBoo Jedi Youngling

star 3
    NO! He is NOT a reptile or insect.
    There is a book, "Star Wars Visonaries"
    It includes the backstory of General Grievous, who he was and how he becomes the Droid General in ROTS.

All drawings of that chapter are drawn by Warren Fu, the original designer of General Grievous himself.

The novel "Labyrinth of Evil" also mentions of his backstory.

And I'm going to repeat this again. Kalee and Kaleesh.
  8. Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan

star 4
    But, Kalee and Kaleesh will have to fall under the usual categories of insectoid, reptoid, humanoid, and the other categories used to classify alien species.

Also, Visionaries may or may not be considered canon. Is there the infinities logo on it?
  9. JediBoo Jedi Youngling

star 3
    noldor, how would you classify Grievous as "Reptilian"? For his scaly skin he has of his remaining body (mainly the face and eyes) or they way he moves?

He asked for the race.
    But if you meant 'reptile' or 'insect' or 'fish' as a way to classify the alien races, then okay, I'll step away from this. Because I just dont like the idea of classifying any race with an Earthling-creature.

But from what I'm trying to understand from your classifcation, I think he is a hybrid of humanoid and reptilian to you. He walks like a human, if walking is a way to describe them as "humanoid"

His brain, nervous system and muscles are all twitched to compliment his already great reflexes. A huge amount of twitching is made, that's for sure. So much so that the poor guy doesnt even know what happened to him.

There was a picture of him unmasked and him posing as a Kaleesh Warrior before he got busted in (either) the Visonaries or the Art of Revenge book.

The visionaries indeed has an Infinities logo. They are not canon and not meant to be canon. There are a few more other books (Boba Fett, GG Comics and Labyrinth of Evil comes to mind) that may have a different backstory to General Grievous.

In fact, I dont want to know the backstory for GG when the movie arrives. I'm just reading all these for fun. =P
  10. Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think you haven't read enough Sci-Fi to know that there's actually a method of classification of lifeforms. There are also other classifications, like silicon based lifeforms (which may or may not be possible) or carbon based lifeforms (and we fall under this category)

It's based on physical, chemical and genetic characteristics and a few other things.
  11. JediBoo Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Then which do you consider General Grievous' backstory as canon? Or do you prefer to make your own assumptions and dream up your own story of him, like the way I'll do? ;)
  12. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    hey noldor, if ure a sci-fi geek, go to another forum. this is star wars, space fantasy. where theres sound in space and anything can be explained using 'the Force'.
    the question was wad race grievous is. not how to classify him.
    standard answer wud be a kaleesh, an alien reptile species. u dun have to write a composition abt carbon based life form or wadever, just answer straight to the point. direct and easy. No hassle, no twists.
  13. Curlywhirlyjedi Jedi Youngling

Hey Yazid chill. both of you do have a point.But yeah his race is Kaleesh and they are kind of reptilian
  14. xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    The question was what race, it is Kaleesh. Period, done.
  15. wmgan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    <this is star wars, space fantasy. where theres sound in space and anything can be explained using 'the Force'.>

That's one way of looking at it. Here's another: there's no sound in space; they were just added for our benefit. After all, we're merely watching a representation (a reconstruction or documentary, if you will) of events that happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. That's why there are so many inconsistencies in the movies and EU - history can never be reconstructed with 100% accuracy and detail... and different historians have different interpretations of the same events.

On a related note, I believe that "Force apparitions" are felt more than actually seen or heard; that's why it's perfectly fine for Anakin's ghost to be represented visually by the image of Anakin that audiences are more familiar with - that of Hayden Christensen - because it's only a representation of a presence that cannot physically be seen.
  16. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    stop this pointless bickering
    *waves hands* get back to ur drinks, Jedi business
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.